• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea so we need to buy the gamer pass, and the tournament entrees right? how does doubles work? does each partner need to buy the ticket, or only one person?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Looking at the site just now, for the first time, TOO PRO.

But it appears that for doubles there is a Captain and a Teammate ticket. So that should be sorta self explanatory.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Matt you're still housing me for this like you were Ohana, right?

I re call dibs on your bed.
What I'll do is house a bunch of people the day before, then during the entire thing I'd have a hotel room since there are hotel deals for this and it's a 30 minute drive to and from the venue to my house. Unless somebody who I'd house wants to make that every day.

you literally just have to copy and paste the rules? ...
Nah.

Banks

Smash Hero
this should be ill sick

hopefully i won't suck *** at sf4 by the time this rolls around either. then i can win that AND melee.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
yea so we need to buy the gamer pass, and the tournament entrees right? how does doubles work? does each partner need to buy the ticket, or only one person?
You NEED to buy the "Gamer Pass" and any tournament passes you want to play in.

If it's a "Team Tournament" one of the players needs to buy a "Captain's Pass" and the other guy needs to buy the other team pass.

Also you can enter any of the games in the "Other" category (MvC, Air Hockey, etc...) and Smash on the same day but not any other MAJOR Tournaments the same day but you can enter for example Rock Band Guitar Only Friday, Street Fighter IV Saturday, and Smash Bros Melee Sunday.

Singles and Doubles will not be run at the same time so you can enter both.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
So how about those rules? Is it going to be at least the standard tournament rules? Like double elimination best of 3 style with the standard counter picks? Or will it be like single elim with FFA stuff? And will there be pool matches for smash?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
They have the rules on the site, but everything looks pretty standard to me.

it is an ECRC event after all.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
the site isn't running for me...what's the problem?
Hmm... I got your message on the boards too... I'm not sure what's wrong on your end... make sure you have flash...

If not go over a friend's house to get your tickets!

Sorry for any inconvenience...

I hope you can make it!

Jtails

Smash Lord
ok so we need a convention ticket to enter games that arent smash, but for smash we just show up and register?

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
You need to buy

1 $30 Gamer's pass to get in to the convention (trust me this is worth it... the con is 24 hours a day!)

Entrance to each Smash Tournament and other tournaments you want to play in. Like Brawl Singles and Air Hockey.

If you want to enter Doubles... you need to find a team mate first then one of you must buy a captain's pass and one needs to buy a team mate pass.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I honestly read this as GameUnicorn.

:093:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Hey is it possible to get a madden tourney into the tourney cause one of family members wants to come and he's only bring me if he can enter in a madden tourney i also believe the new madden game comes out around august. I would be sincerely grateful if somehow someone could get that in there.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
We considered a Madden Tournament... We may announce one as an "On the spot" tournament...

The last 4 we did had only 2 or 4 people come at the store so we gave up on Madden.... Maybe this could establish it... I will consider it.

We CAN add more major tournaments as we sell tickets... I will consider it.

Start a Madden Movement on our Forums and we will do one if more than 1 or 2 people are interested!

Jtails

Smash Lord
how about puzzle fighter 2 turbo?
dbz budokai 3
naruto storm
star fox 64!

Prawn

Smash Master
Before you offer suggestions for other tournaments, please make sure there is a competitive scene for those games. Star Fox 64 doesn't have super competitive tournaments, last time I checked at least(which was never).

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
How about a **** your own pants tourney

>_<
lol

Everyone that walks in the convention will have already done that when they see how many video games are everywhere! So it is unfair to do a tournament for it! lol

Maybe we will have a way to make an "Interest list" and get people for all these different side tournaments people want!

My plan is to make random announcements "Over in the Super Nintendo Freeplay section we are going to be having a tournament for Tetris Attack in 15 minutes! If you want to be in a Tetris Attack Tournament go there right now to sign up."

Or maybe we can have some clipboards for suggestions and then print out a schedule the next day... something like that...

You can keep suggesting here though it's good to get ideas!

FYI we added a Super Mario Bros 1 Speed Run to the announced speed run of Battletoads!

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
So how about those rules? Is it going to be at least the standard tournament rules? Like double elimination best of 3 style with the standard counter picks? Or will it be like single elim with FFA stuff? And will there be pool matches for smash?
We have official ECRC rules that we will be using from now on for all ECRC events, they should be listed on 1 ECRC2k.com and 2 on gameunicon.com

But you can expect the norm overall :) (we are considering putting PS as a neutral rather than lylat though when it comes to brawl at least)

I have to say, im amazed with all the random requests LOL
I at least expected to see more requests for like Brawl + Doubles or something, which is possible for a side tourney btw.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry it will be on the off time... you can be in charge of it if you want. :) I think you would get a good ten - 20 people!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom