• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echo Fighters and the lack of differences

Monollock

Smash Rookie
I went through the new echo fighters, Daisy, Belmont and Dark Samus only to find that there no differences between these and the original characters.

Dark Samus has electric properties instead of fire.
Daisy's counter aims a little lower down.
Belmont's fire is a different colour.

That's all I could find, I was so disappointed to find this out. Especially on Captain Castlevania, it'd have been so easy to make changes, up B being one solid hit instead of a multi hit, one having stronger specials than the other, different ranges with the whip. Anyone have any opinion on this lack of differences?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Does Daisy's actually hit lower or is it just an aesthetic change? I was under the assumption she had no differences whatsoever.

With Richter and Dark Samus, the elemental changes actually do offer slight, incredibly small, gameplay changes. Dark Samus having electrical properties lets her up smash connect more properly and, from what I saw, can actually hit people immediately next to her, while Samus cannot. Richter's Holy Water also apparently doesn't count as a fire move, but an aura/magic move, which means it doesn't set off explosives automatically and it can harm Red Pikmin.

The differences are minuscule, but they exist.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Daisy's counter is the same. It's her usmash and sideB properties that are different.

Also like two pixels in height but it's assumed her hitboxes aren't affected.

Monollock

Smash Rookie
Samus Upsmash connects perfectly fine and can hit people immediately next to her. the belmont example is so incredibly small and situational. I think more changes should be implemented retroactively

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Samus Upsmash connects perfectly fine and can hit people immediately next to her. the belmont example is so incredibly small and situational. I think more changes should be implemented retroactively
Sakurai was inspired by how Dark Pit and Lucina had minimal changes to expand the newcomer selection. Of course they're not gonna be completely new twists on a moveset.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the entire point of echos is to be a exact copy, chrome just cheated

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think that Dr. Mario should be an Echo, given the fact that Ken is so different.

(EDIT: Kind of disagree with myself a second after posting this.)

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
And Lucina is literally the same as Marth. The only difference is the tipper mechanic that casuals like myself would never get.

Senator Phillips

Smash Cadet
The one thing I wish Richter would have changed would be to swap Grand Cross for Hydrostorm as his final smash. It'd go a long way towards separating him and Simon without messing with movesets too much otherwise.

Monollock

Smash Rookie
I was fully expecting Richter's specials to be stronger since they looked different, blue fire being hotter, Axe having a different arch if you didn't want to change it's damage, Cross being a multi hit instead of one hit forward and back. There's lots they could do with it, tell you what though, it explains why they let you overlap the characters on the menu.

Top Bottom