• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Echo Fighter Differences

Luigi Linguine

Smash Cadet
I've done some testing and these are the differences I've found between echo fighters and the characters they're based on.

Lucina:
- Sword has no tipper sweetspot or hilt sourspot; hitboxes are consistent all throughout

Dark Pit:
- Silver Bow deals more damage and has further range, but has a much more restrictive aim
- Electroshock Arm deals more damage and sends horizontally (and obviously has an electric effect, causing greater hitlag) compared to Upperdash Arm
- Has a unique Final Smash

Daisy:
- Has a larger horizontal hurtbox, but a smaller vertical hurtbox

Richter:
- Holy Water is able to kill Red Pikmin and will not cause explosives to instantly combust due to it being aura-based rather than fire-based

Chrom:
- Sword has no hilt sweetspot or tipper sourspot; hitboxes are consistent all throughout
- Has Ike's up-special
- Does not have fire effects on his attacks
- Forward-tilt inches Chrom forward slightly whereas Roy's does not
- Has a unique Final Smash

Dark Samus:
- Samus's fire attacks are replaced with electric attacks, allowing them to kill Red Pikmin in place of Yellow Pikmin, causing greater hitlag, and preventing explosives from instantly combusting
- Has a higher jump
- Has a generally larger hurtbox due to more exaggerated movements
- Has slightly less range on forward-smash
- Up-smash hits shorter opponents
- Has a faster forward and back roll
- Fires Charge Shot lower, allowing no charge to hit a crouching Pichu while Samus's would miss
- Has a shorter dash dance, making it faster
- Has a different free-fall landing lag animation with a smaller hurtbox
- Has a larger shield to compensate for the hurtbox difference

Ken:
- Runs and walks faster
- Hadoken deals less damage and does not have the Shakunetsu variant
- Shoryuken is fire-based and hits multiple times
- Tatsumaki Senpukyaku hits multiple times
- Has a different HCF input called Roundhouse (intangible variant of Ryu's hard jab), hard version cancels into Axe Kick
- Has a QCF input unique to him called Crescent Kick, hard version cancels into Axe Kick
- Has a different back-throw similar to Pikachu's
- Has a different hard jab
- Has a different hard forward-tilt
- Has a different neutral-air
- Has a different up-air
- Has a different forward-smash
- Has two unique Final Smashes

Additional notes:
- While Dark Pit's forward-tilt had less knockback in Smash 4, this is no longer the case in Ultimate and it's now the same as Pit's
- It's a common misconception that Dark Samus is floatier than Samus, however their falls speeds are identical

If you find any more differences, no matter how small, please feel free to add! I'm especially unsure about Ken because I've never played Street Fighter and I don't know if there are any more special inputs with him.

Last edited:

Syprone

Smash Cadet
Red pikmin will go through Simon’s holy water but not Richter’s
Dark Pit’s arrows have slightly more range
Many final smash differences (Ken, Chrom, Dark Pit)
Dark Samus has a larger shield to compensate for the larger hurt box.

Luigi Linguine

Smash Cadet
Red pikmin will go through Simon’s holy water but not Richter’s
Dark Pit’s arrows have slightly more range
Many final smash differences (Ken, Chrom, Dark Pit)
Dark Samus has a larger shield to compensate for the larger hurt box.
Added. Thanks for the input!

Syprone

Smash Cadet
Chrom
Has no fire effects on sword
Daisy
Smaller my the smallest margin that it would only make a difference in micro spacing

Lyserdon

Smash Cadet
NNID
420BlitzIt
Ken:
- Different Nair
- Different uair
- HCF input (shakunetsu for Ryu) is roundhouse (Ryu's hard jab, but with intangibility) and hard version cancels to axe kick
- QCD input unique to Ken is crescent kick, hard version cancels to axe kick
- Focus attack is a kick, not sure if it's confirmed less range than Ryu

Crystanium

Smash Hero
  • Dark Samus' d-tilt has slightly more end lag. That might be based on shield stun, however.
  • Dark Samus' f-smash is shorter than Samus'.
  • Dark Samus will bounce upon landing after using Screw Attack, leaving her open as a result.
  • Dark Samus' Charge Shot fires lower than Samus'. This means a crouching Pichu will get hit by an uncharged Charge Shot from Dark Samus.
  • Dark Samus' dash dance is shorter, making it faster.
  • I believe there is a difference between Samus' and Dark Samus' n-air, but I'm not sure what the details are.

As for Daisy and Richter, someone who made a YouTube video (I forgot his name) said these two echo fighters are just glorified skins.

Last edited:

Luigi Linguine

Smash Cadet
Ken:
- Different Nair
- Different uair
- HCF input (shakunetsu for Ryu) is roundhouse (Ryu's hard jab, but with intangibility) and hard version cancels to axe kick
- QCD input unique to Ken is crescent kick, hard version cancels to axe kick
- Focus attack is a kick, not sure if it's confirmed less range than Ryu
Thanks for clearing up Ken for me, I'll add that to the post! I can't believe I missed his nair and uair, lol. As for Focus Attack, I knew he kicks instead of punches, but it appears to be functionally identical to Ryu's, so I'll just put that info on the backburner until I receive confirmation that it has its differences.

• Dark Samus' d-tilt has slightly more end lag. That might be based on shield stun, however.
  • Dark Samus' f-smash is shorter than Samus'.
  • Dark Samus will bounce upon landing after using Screw Attack, leaving her open as a result.
  • Dark Samus' Charge Shot fires lower than Samus'. This means a crouching Pichu will get hit by an uncharged Charge Shot from Dark Samus.
  • Dark Samus' dash dance is shorter, making it faster.
  • I believe there is a difference between Samus' and Dark Samus' n-air, but I'm not sure what the details are.

As for Daisy and Richter, someone who made a YouTube video (I forgot his name) said these two echo fighters are just glorified skins.
I can confirm that Samus and Dark Samus have the same frame data on their down-tilts (46 frames for the shield to come up). The bounce from Screw Attack also appears to simply be a part of the free-fall landing lag animation since Samus enters a similar squatting state upon landing from her Screw Attack that lasts for just as long. I'll still add that to the differences though because Dark Samus's hurtbox is definitely smaller during her landing animation compared to Samus. The Charge Shot info caught me by surprise because it actually seems pretty useful, so thank you for that! I also heard that a similar instance was present in her missiles, but they still miss all of the crouching enemies that Samus does, so I'll only include the Charge Shot bit for now. Finally, I was pretty skeptical with Dark Samus's dash dance being different while testing her because her initial dash is the exact same as Samus's, but I'll take your word for it since I've heard it being talked about a few times now. Lots of good contributions on this post!

Last edited:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Only a data miner could truthfully answer that question.

Anyone of you fine people out there?

Last edited:
Top Bottom