• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: No Maps! August 8th, Princeton, NJ. Inui's dad is amazing!

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Because low tiers can't win in normal events because they are garbage.

An all low tier tournament allows those characters to be used in competitive play, adding variety and fun to events. Your logic to try and bypass this is ridiculous.

Nobody cares about your Lucas and Ness that my Ike would JV fourstock.
JV fourstock? LMAO you couldn't do that to my Ganon.

You prolly could, I only use Faclo.

iTidus

Smash Cadet
i'm already planning on it since i already missed the gauntlet >_< anythign else happening in NY that i should know about lightxdream? o_o thnx again :l

iTidus

Smash Cadet
woah wait i didn't miss it o_o SWEEEEET! i thought i did cus i didn't see it on the forums no more >:L definitely going there. ah that made my day better ^_^.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well IDC about venue. Tournaments are not only about venues but about the experience that outweighs the venue. You can have the perfect Venue but the exp could be horrid. That is why I love to do tournaments at centers because it helps to improve everything. At the same time I love helping this venue

E-Spot has done NOTHING but be the most respectful, and nicest , group of people I have ever seen. I have even decided to return to full tournament hosting duties to help them. They make me proud to play all games.

So while your venue is perfect to you, I do not think it is perfect for me. A perfect venue is great but I will gladly take the VC over most venues. I will be getting tables for the next one so that we can have a lot more room and they will be working with me to get sponsors invovled in putting money up for some of these events. You cannot BUY this sort of support.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Being comfortable is part of that experience. Those guys you got over there are cool. I'll agree with that.

Do they pay you?

No I do not ask for money because I find that doing this for free is much more enjoyable. I could ask but I really do not see why I should. I would feel obligated to do things for them when I'd rather just be of free will and mind.

Comfort is very important and the hotel is amazing. But I also feel that Viridian has a web2zone quality to it where the excitement is always there. That is just how I felt about it.

iTidus

Smash Cadet
alright i've been looking for an hour so lightxdream where is the forum behind gauntlet o_o where's the location or anything to that effect would help. thanx xD

dmbrandon

Smash Master
HEY SHUT UP YES. IT'S A FREE COUNTRY, AND THAT VENUE SUCKS. THE PEOPLE ARE AWESOME, BUT IT'S CRAMPED AND HOT, AND THE BACK IS STUPIDLY CRAMPED AND HOT AND IT'S HOT. ITS NOT UR BUSINESS BRAH SO GET OUT OF THEIR FACES DAWG.

allcaps.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
HEY SHUT UP YES. IT'S A FREE COUNTRY, AND THAT VENUE SUCKS. THE PEOPLE ARE AWESOME, BUT IT'S CRAMPED AND HOT, AND THE BACK IS STUPIDLY CRAMPED AND HOT AND IT'S HOT. ITS NOT UR BUSINESS BRAH SO GET OUT OF THEIR FACES DAWG.

allcaps.
qft

No I do not ask for money because I find that doing this for free is much more enjoyable. I could ask but I really do not see why I should. I would feel obligated to do things for them when I'd rather just be of free will and mind.

Comfort is very important and the hotel is amazing. But I also feel that Viridian has a web2zone quality to it where the excitement is always there. That is just how I felt about it.
So, you get them $10 per person (I charge $5 for more comfort), do their work for them, and get nothing. You are a fool. Don't do that to yourself.

Web2Zone quality where the excitement is always there? What? The players make the excitement, not the venue. Even the Dust Bowl of January and cramped GameTables have tons of excitement because of the people.

I'm sorry, but I'm not bashing you or anything. I just happen to detest every single venue but mine, especially in summer. Every tournament except mine has cooked me and has been cramped.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I do not need money for me to be happy.

As far as the venue. Things can and will be changed. I like the venue and I like the hotel. I learned for many years doing this that a venue is just a place its the people that matter.

Top Bottom