• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eau Claire Sucks At Smash (ECSS4)

yoshq

Smash Master
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11970

Eau Claire Sucks At Smash (ECSS4)

NOW A MONTHLY

The address will be my house, due to the arcade closing down
2545 E Hamilton Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701
You can park on the street, in the nursing home parking lot next door, or the bar parking lot. Talk to me about places to eat.

Prices
Venue fee: $3 (waived for a setup*)
Brawl Singles: $5
Brawl Doubles: $10 ($5 per person)
Melee Singles: $5
Melee Doubles: $10 ($5 per person)

Housing is available with me in Eau Claire, 15 minutes from the venue.

Brawl Doubles will start at 12pm to allow time for people who have to drive kinda far. Then brawl singles + melee doubles, then melee singles.

yoshq

Smash Master
Rules

Brawl Ruleset:
1. General:
* Three (3) stock.
* Eight (8) minute time limit.
* All items off.
* If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
o If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
o If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
o If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
o If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. No player must grab the ledge more than 40 times in a game, with the exception of a player using the Ice Climbers, for whom the limit is raised to 60 ledge grabs. If, and only if, the timer runs out and either player has exceeded the total ledge grabs, they lose the game, regardless of stocks and percents. If both players exceed the ledge-grab limit, then the usual time-out rules will apply.
2. The first match of a game must be played on a Neutral Stage:
* Battlefield
* Final Destination
* Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
* Smashville
* Yoshi's Island
3. Stage striking will be used to select the first stage. The lower ranked player will strike first, choosing a stage from the neutrals list to remove from consideration for the first round. The higher ranked player chooses two stages to remove from consideration for the first round. The lower ranked player then eliminates one of the two remaining stages from consideration, and the first round is played on the last remaining stage.
4. The loser of the first game will then ask the winner to ban a stage. They must do so, or their counterpick is invalidated.The loser may then choose a stage for the second round. This process is repeated for game 3, if necessary.
5. When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:
* Battleship Halberd
* Brinstar
* Castle Siege
* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Jungle Japes
* Lylat Cruise
* Pictochat
* Rainbow Cruise
6. Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.
7. You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.
* If the winning player fails to announce their change in character exit out of that game immediately.
* The game will still be played on the same stage.
* The winner from the previous is now locked into their character.
* The loser from the previous match may now reselect their character.
* King Dedede must dash before re-grabbing an opponent after a down-throw, unless the situation would allow King Dedede to regrab his opponent because of a facet of the stage, as in the case of a wall infinite.
* Infinite grabs (aside from the earlier mentioned situation with King Dedede), jab locks, laser locks, suicides, wall infinites, etc. are not banned. Do not dispute a match that you lost to the above tactics.

Melee ruleset:

This will be a double elimination tournament.
* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* Each player/team takes turns striking a stage from the Neutral stages listed below until there is only 1 left. The first game will be played on the remaining stage.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* A player may not counterpick to the last stage they have won on. (Modified Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Friendly Fire will be on in teams
* Wobbling is NOT banned

4 Stock 8 Mins best 2/3, finals 3/5 (including semi's)

SINGLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Pokémon Stadium
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar

DOUBLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

ORLY

Smash Master
entry is down to $5?

ehhhhhh that last time was a hella long drive

probably won't make this one

nmy29@hotmail.com

Smash Rookie
you guys better be a good challenge.. me nd my brother are coming to eau claire that weekend so we'll come own the tournement.. but i was wondering if we can join doubles and singles the same day?

yoshq

Smash Master
sorry guys, pot bonus will not happen. the arcade is on its last legs and can't afford to do that. they are paying a ridiculous amount of money for the internet, and some other stuff, idk.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I hope cardinal arcade continues to stay afloat so ecss can be held there. I like that venue.

I'll see if I can make it to this one.

If I can make it, I can bring the PMBR build of Project M and we could do a side event or something.

:phone:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Oh. Well, okay then. I'll see if I can make it! :bee: I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to more ECSS's due to me being busy most of the weekends this summer.

yoshq

Smash Master
Bad news, the tournament will no longer be hosted at the arcade, because they are shutting down. It will have to be in Eau Claire, and either at a card shop downtown or at my house.

ORLY

Smash Master
good news, amanze!

tentative plans have been made to go to MN that very weekend

this'll be right on my way! i may see you guys there

Triple R

Smash Lord
So is this cancelled? We aren't really sure on the venue. There isn't any hype, and it's this Saturday... :(

yoshq

Smash Master
The address is 2545 E Hamilton Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54701

Brawl doubles start at 12:30, bring setups!!!

You can park on the street, in the nursing home parking lot next door, or the bar parking lot. Talk to me about places to eat.

Top Bottom