• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eating the peanut

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
i've searched the guides and last few pages of the diddy boards and haven't found anything about it.

so as you might or might not know when you shoot a peanut and the opponent hits it it breaks and two little peanut thingies come out that you can eat and get back some life so i was wondering if there's a way to actually hit the peanut yourself so you can eat it while your opponent is far away?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
this only happens when items are on in some capacity. Even if your items are set to none, if they are all on in the part where it asks for specific items, it will happen. Meaning, this wont happen in a tourney because items are off in every way.

i guess you could shoot the peanut and catch it. Im not sure if it would break if you threw it at the ground though.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Peanuts come out if all Items are off and set to none >.>

I've tried to shoot one and catch it... but it didn't work =/

Surjan

Smash Rookie
It happends to me the most when i'm facing snake when he throws the nades and i shoot peanuts. All items are off and set to none but it still rarly happens in game, plus there so small to see.

Slurpee

Smash Rookie
It would be so awesome if you could break the peanuts open by yourself. Catching to ground throw doesnt work, so I'm not sure. Imagine... you star KO your opponent, and manage to break two peanuts, healing you around 16-24%! It would be almost too good to be true if you could heal every time your opponent was... *ahem* preoccupied...

IDK

Smash Lord
after you kill someone it's pretty good to catch a peanut. then when their invincibility runs out you can shoot a peanut, throw one, throw a banana, shoot a peanut, throw another banana, run in and grab. that's pretty much impossible to avoid and can get you the lead. you can mix that up too. you can also catch a peanut instead of edgeguarding. they also float for hours when you throw them up so if you figure out how long it takes to come down and plan so that it interrupts their attack or something you can give surprise punishment.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
after you kill someone it's pretty good to catch a peanut. then when their invincibility runs out you can shoot a peanut, throw one, throw a banana, shoot a peanut, throw another banana, run in and grab. that's pretty much impossible to avoid and can get you the lead. you can mix that up too. you can also catch a peanut instead of edgeguarding. they also float for hours when you throw them up so if you figure out how long it takes to come down and plan so that it interrupts their attack or something you can give surprise punishment.

hmmm thats very interesting, il have to get the peanut grabbin down, cuz that wuld be toooo funny to shoot peanut and throw it and throw banana :laugh:

Top Bottom