• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eat My Boot! XD- A Link combo Video by Zodiac

mkmelee

Smash Lord
That wasn't very nice of you. The video wasn't bad, but casual play or not, the clips weren't anything great, and I'm not talking about super comboes. I'm talking about demonstrations of skill. In order to display skill, you need a challenge, and few of your opponents were a challenge.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
That wasn't very nice of you. The video wasn't bad, but casual play or not, the clips weren't anything great, and I'm not talking about super comboes. I'm talking about demonstrations of skill. In order to display skill, you need a challenge, and few of your opponents were a challenge.
I always find this a strange argument against combo vids. OF COURSE it's not going to make the opponents look good, he's only using clips of them getting comboed!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
What happend to the fastfaller. When i saw you combo fastfaller was only in the doubles part.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
I always find this a strange argument against combo vids. OF COURSE it's not going to make the opponents look good, he's only using clips of them getting comboed!
Yeah, so why don't we just fight level 1 computers and put it in a combo video? What's the difference between a bad opponent and a crappy computer? Not too much.

Plus, it wasn't just about bad opponents. Few things he did seemed skillful at all. It was very plain, and many of his opponents were getting owned by rather unimpressive attacks.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
A combo video is for entertainment purposes and can be used to measure skill if its made with tournament cuts.The smashboards provides an area where one can find videos of matches without the flash of a combo video if you would like.I was entertained and enjoyed watching your combo video Zodiac thank you for contributting to the smashboards.

Kuriko

Smash Apprentice
Plus, it wasn't just about bad opponents. Few things he did seemed skillful at all. It was very plain, and many of his opponents were getting owned by rather unimpressive attacks.
I don't really see what point you're trying to make here. So are you saying you've never been hit by a down smash? How does getting hit by "unimpressive attacks" make the opponent bad?

That being said though, some of the clips did seem a little off. For example, the Kirby on Pokemon Stadium kept trying to dair you even though it failed several times in a row. It wasn't bad overall though. Thanks for sharing.

Zodiac

Smash Master
What happend to the fastfaller. When i saw you combo fastfaller was only in the doubles part.
Chaingrabbing the fastfaller, it was great! but the reason that cut off is because Jamz(The fox) teched into the other twos battle and my next grab accidentally got my partner. I hade a few fast faller combos at the beginning the thing, MYself, I dont know how to combo fastfallers very well. Mostly floaty people like kirby and peach. Heaven though(Fox) is the first smasher i've known to main a faster faller, so I've gained experience against them in the last year or so. And about 20 hours of previous matches and combos got wiped with the hard drive, their on dvd still, but he has them so it dosnt do my video much good.

Was that your question?

Yeah, so why don't we just fight level 1 computers and put it in a combo video? What's the difference between a bad opponent and a crappy computer? Not too much.

I'll cover that in a sec. My playstyle isnt flashy, not like Germs style(Hes awsome but flashy!) Anyway, I find that If I concentrate on the guy infront of my rather than. SHFFL Fair + Grab to upthrow + uptilt + Uair + SH Dair. I do better :p, though I wont lie, I really like the flashy playstyle and I try to incorperate the effective parts of it into play when I know they'll work. Which is kind of hard sometimes. next part.

A combo video is for entertainment purposes and can be used to measure skill if its made with tournament cuts.The smashboards provides an area where one can find videos of matches without the flash of a combo video if you would like.I was entertained and enjoyed watching your combo video Zodiac thank you for contributting to the smashboards.
first off, Im glad you enjoyed the combo video, I didnt want it to be taken too seriously. And some of the reason I made this video was just so I could edit some smash combos and well, make a combo video! Then about half way through I decided to change the tone of the video so it wouldnt be taken so serious.(Thus the team battle joke and the eat my boot stuff)

I don't really see what point you're trying to make here. So are you saying you've never been hit by a down smash? How does getting hit by "unimpressive attacks" make the opponent bad?

That being said though, some of the clips did seem a little off. For example, the Kirby on Pokemon Stadium kept trying to dair you even though it failed several times in a row. It wasn't bad overall though. Thanks for sharing.
As to sages Kirby dair'ing me. I knew he would, I played his Kirby enough to know his habits pretty well, so I knew he'd keep going for it because I usually miss the third or fourth consecutive boot. So I thought, If I use the bot just a little bit sooner it should connect a good amount of the time, and it worked. So, it was mind games. And for the last part. though wasnt apart of Kuriko's post but Mkmelee,

Combos usually happen when the other player messes up, then that exploit is taken advantage of and put into some sort of a punishing or combo.

Alrighty, so basically I hope I've answeared all your questions and one more thing..

Chain Grab the fastfallers! See how they like it!

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Lol Zodiac that was my question!! :p , So yeah it would be great if you add more fast faller, caause you can **** them is nairs of the edge the offcoarse the spinn attack. Even though i don't use spinn attack, It's just way to funny when they complain about me using the spike of it. But it's Ok, even though people says bad things about it's still good. I mean your gave everything you've got. *props*

mkmelee

Smash Lord
I'm not saying your Link is bad, in fact I think you incorporate alot of cool things into your game. I was merely saying that it's obvious that some of your opponents aren't overly skilled, and so you were able to land combos and moves that didn't require much skill, timing, mindgames etc. to pull off.

I'm not one to blindly praise what I see. If I can see that your opponent wasn't doing too well, I'll say that.

Zodiac

Smash Master

Appreciated. alright till next combo video.

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
Wow, since when did he post this video and say: OMG MOST EPIX BATEL OF ALL TIMEZ?!

Seriously, it was a good video, and he didn't take it too seriously, neither should you.

WTF is up with Smashboards and everyone bashing on people's playstyle? So it's not as exciting as Aniki, who cares.

Good video. :D

Top Bottom