• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EasyCap Mac Problem

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
Macbook Pro 15in
2 EasyCap Video Recorders (not the + versions)
EasyCap Viewer

I have 2 easycaps because I thought one might be broken when the following started happening:

I would start the easycap viewer (ECV) in mac, and plug the easycap (EC). When I would go to the 60hz portion of the configure settings, there would be no video (which is understandable). However, wherever i go in the 50hz section, there is a video of fuzzy shifting black and white bands which I can BARELY tell still shows what is on my TV (ssbm start screen, it would change as i go through the menus in the game etc). I can post a picture fairly soon.

Just would like to know whats going on, both ECs do this even though one is brand new and my computer is brand new as well.

DuckPimp

Smash Ace

What is visible in the image is the portion of the ssbm menu screen that has "Rumble" and "Sound" on it (sound is currently selected)

it does pretty much the same thing for all options and settings in the 50hz portion of the ECV

does yours look like that too, mekos?

edit- the easycaps have worked on a windows computer before, so I have the correct setup in terms of cables and connectors

Top Bottom