• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Easy way evade dual phase as braixen

foussi

Smash Cadet
NNID
foussi
I noticed that braixen has difficulties in the dualphase and i find a way to phase later into it.
The secret is psywave:active , the version of psywave that is weaker but can hit enemies in the air.
The interresting is that it doesnt change into dualphase when hitting a enemy.
Its shows strong results against charizard and garchomps dig attack since it can cancel the attack .

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Honestly I love it when I get into duel phase with Braixen. She has great spacing with her air dashing and some of her best combos are created in this phase. Plus depending on the opponent you can wall them out with Fire Spin and Fire Blast and usually get your Sunny Day off without worrying about being hit.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
braixen is 100x stronger in duel phase than in field phase, it's where all her damage comes from. she literally has no ways to build up damage in field phase because anything you could reasonably hit someone with will phase shift after like 100 damage (y > psybeam, grab, x > x > x, counter) or deal 5 damage in chip to a shield. and in duel phase you have easy access to sunny day because three of your moves can link into it (light screen, flamethrower, fire blast) instead of just one (fire blast) in field phase, which also means easier access to enhanced sunny day.

aerial y has sooooo much less landing lag in duel phase and you're actually allowed to jump because airdash and jump don't have nearly 20 frames of landing lag, making it a viable spacing tool (jump > airdash back > double fireball is unbelievably safe against most characters). and you get 200-300 damage wall combos if you manage to walk someone into a corner or phase shift near a wall.

and since there are only 2 dimensions available instead of 3, people can't just run around all your projectiles, they have to respect them.

Top Bottom