• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easy Luigi Cyclone Recovery?

Wild Woody

Smash Rookie
NNID
YuriKoigakubo
3DS FC
2707-1621-8891
Many people trying to get into the competitive scene with the character, Luigi such as me. Have the issue of not being able to press the B button 14 times during the animation of the Cyclone, i was wondering if it was possible to bind all directions of the C stick to down special, so instead of pressing the B button 14 times, you could just circle the C stick 3 and a half times. See what im getting at? For every special you use the b button, including the cyclone. But when you want to recover using the cyclone, you rapidly circle the c stick, a much easier action to do then rapid button pressing.
Obviously with this you sacrifice your C Stick smash attacks, but the question is, is this possible?

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
im no luigi main but i tested it for you!

it works but only if you tilt the C stick down, other ways dont seems to work. so the best way to do it is by rapidly flicking the stick up and down

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
The way the game reads c stick inputs now it wouldn't even work hypothetically. The stick must return to neutral before it would count as a second input of B.

You can charge a forward smash by spinning the c stick after inputting forward smash.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I know. I'm giving evidence that spinning the c stick wouldn't count as multiple inputs of the b button

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I wonder how people like boss pull it off . It definitely is a challenge .
Maybe Boss is related to this guy...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4lmAFB7d4

In the video, the guy hits the button 16 times a second. So Boss needs 12 for the rise, I believe, which he can do. When you look at the video, there is a certain technique you can do to accomplish it, but it takes a LOT of practice to do consistently, and you need strong wrist.

First, notice how the guy does not actually move his finger at all? You have to vibrate the muscles in your wrist, not try tapping the button rapidly with your finger, it won't work. To get that rise, you HAVE to vibrate your wrist. Hard to explain, but if you concentrate your muscles in the wrist, your hand will vibrate very fast. With your finger on a button, it will automatically sync with your wrist vibration and mash the button without any applied force from the finger, acting from the wrist instead. I've tested it myself and I can do the wrist vibration, my taps per second do go up while using it, my record was 9/second once, but I'm not great at it. And I can't do it consistently, because it takes strong wrists and lots of concentration to constantly get that vibration in the write. Also, I don't know of the health repercussions from constantly doing it...

But anyways, that's my theory on how Boss does it. From watching the video and from personal tests and experience.

Try it yourself! http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

Last edited:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Edit: Ive been able to a rise by sliding from the A to the B button in rapid succession

Last edited:

Melonfrog

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Boss is related to this guy...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4lmAFB7d4

In the video, the guy hits the button 16 times a second. So Boss needs 12 for the rise, I believe, which he can do. When you look at the video, there is a certain technique you can do to accomplish it, but it takes a LOT of practice to do consistently, and you need strong wrist.

First, notice how the guy does not actually move his finger at all? You have to vibrate the muscles in your wrist, not try tapping the button rapidly with your finger, it won't work. To get that rise, you HAVE to vibrate your wrist. Hard to explain, but if you concentrate your muscles in the wrist, your hand will vibrate very fast. With your finger on a button, it will automatically sync with your wrist vibration and mash the button without any applied force from the finger, acting from the wrist instead. I've tested it myself and I can do the wrist vibration, my taps per second do go up while using it, my record was 9/second once, but I'm not great at it. And I can't do it consistently, because it takes strong wrists and lots of concentration to constantly get that vibration in the write. Also, I don't know of the health repercussions from constantly doing it...

But anyways, that's my theory on how Boss does it. From watching the video and from personal tests and experience.

Try it yourself! http://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm
I won plenty of Mario Party mini games with this method. I gave it a try, impossible with the New 3DS the buttons are just too stubborn. but with the classic pro on wii U it is doable, stupidly uncomfortable but doable.

Top Bottom