• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern PA (Allentown,Bethlehem,Easton)

Loki1313

Smash Rookie
NNID
Loki610
Ive been dealing with a bunch of health issues from sprained ankles to face infections and have been bed ridden for two weeks and unable to drive for the past like 2 months, I'm looking forward to being healthy again because all i've been doing is playing melee, but most of my neighbors aren't that good so my skills arent really getting better. I am trying to be more active on smash boards so I can respond to people more actively. I just want to play melee haha

Teufeldolch

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new here. I wanted to start attending smash tounaments, but I have little idea of where to start.

I'm located near Bethel, which is able halfway between Allentown and Harrisburg.

tamsopp

Smash Rookie
I live about 3 miles from Lehigh's campus, but play with a group of friends on the west side of Bethlehem. Message me if anyone is interested in playing sometime

maxlikesco41

Smash Rookie
There is a place in Allentown called the encounter that does tournaments for a bunch of games and me and a few friends are trying to get melee there because there had been sm4sh there in the past

futilejoyrider

Smash Cadet
NNID
futilejoyrider
3DS FC
1822-1417-1018
Dude, I've been to The Encounter but didn't know they were doing game tournaments. Melee should definitely show up there.

Jeb738

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-1789-5256
Bethlehem smasher here, melee but down for PM too, send a PM and I'll try and link up with anyone.
Is this too late for a reply? Me and 4 other people are bethlehem smash players. we mainly stick with melee and occasionally play pm. if your still looking to play please tell me and we would be delighted to play

futilejoyrider

Smash Cadet
NNID
futilejoyrider
3DS FC
1822-1417-1018
Hey Jeb, my friends and I would be down to Smash up and Melee sometime if you're down. We live 20 minutes away from Easton and Bethlehem.

Jeb738

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2724-1789-5256
That would be awesome. We are a group of 5 with 1 at college. If you want to plan a day to have a smash day or whatever please message me. Thanks

maxlikesco41

Smash Rookie
For anyone who doesn't know there is a monthly smash 4 tourney called smash with BAE (Bethlehem Allentown Easton) the first one had quite the turn out with 70+ people so they decided to make it a monthly it is held at the Encounter and if you need any other info just look up the event on Facebook I'm pretty sure the next one will be the 276th this month

maxlikesco41

Smash Rookie
I was talking with the dudes Who work there and I know them because they host yu gi oh tourneies that my friends go to and they said that the main reason they don't do melee is because they don't have enough systems

futilejoyrider

Smash Cadet
NNID
futilejoyrider
3DS FC
1822-1417-1018
I've been there a few times and I think they would get a pretty big tournament if Melee was there. I'd be down to bring a few systems with my friends and that's already like 3-5 setups.

Edit: also, here are some tournies that are around/ coming up:

Locals:

MVG's The Lab, monthly in Easton, Saturdays (Melee/PM), Sundays (Sm4sh/Brawl)
A.S.S. around Lehigh University every Saturday or so (Melee/ possibly PM sometime)
Smash with BAE #2, monthly on Sunday Sept. 27th, in Allentown, (Sm4sh)

For bigger tournaments coming up in the area, there are:

Nov 14th-15th in Easton, We Tech Those (Melee/PM)
November 28th-29th in Easton, LVG Lan (Melee/PM/Sm4sh)
December 5th-6th in Philly, MVG Snowstorm (Melee/PM/Sm4sh)

Last edited:

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
I've been there a few times and I think they would get a pretty big tournament if Melee was there. I'd be down to bring a few systems with my friends and that's already like 3-5 setups.
What's up, I'm one of the organizers for the Smash with BAE monthly. Right now, the tournament is only Smash 4 because of a couple things:
1.) Setups are more guaranteed since I know more of the Smash 4 Community around the area and can work with them in bringing them.
2.) Since we bring in a fairly large amount of people, running two brackets at the same time would be especially hard than what we're already doing.
3.) There probably won't be enough space to hold everyone if there was a turnout for both Smash 4 and Melee on the same day.

BUT, running a melee tournament will not be out of the realm of possibility, since I know how awesome it would be for Melee players to have the same thing we Smash 4 Players have right now. I'll propose the idea to the store owner and see if possible we can get a melee monthly running on a separate day.

Last edited:

futilejoyrider

Smash Cadet
NNID
futilejoyrider
3DS FC
1822-1417-1018
What's up, I'm one of the organizers for the Smash with BAE monthly. Right now, the tournament is only Smash 4 because of a couple things:
1.) Setups are more guaranteed since I know more of the Smash 4 Community around the area and can work with them in bringing them.
2.) Since we bring in a fairly large amount of people, running two brackets at the same time would be especially hard than what we're already doing.
3.) There probably won't be enough space to hold everyone if there was a turnout for both Smash 4 and Melee on the same day.

BUT, running a melee tournament will not be out of the realm of possibility, since I know how awesome it would be for Melee players to have the same thing we Smash 4 Players have right now. I'll propose the idea to the store owner and see if possible we can get a melee monthly running on a separate day.
You guys really should do Melee. I think it could honestly get possibly an even bigger turnout than Smash 4 eventually. Especially once all the Smash 4 kids see the beauty of Melee and how sexy of a game it is, I think it'll be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
You guys really should do Melee. I think it could honestly get possibly an even bigger turnout than Smash 4 eventually. Especially once all the Smash 4 kids see the beauty of Melee and how sexy of a game it is, I think it'll be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.
That is super biased, but I like the confidence.

SarrowGX

Smash Rookie
Can't wait for the Smash with B.A.E. this Sunday. Went to the first one back in August I think it was and had a blast.

whoknowswhat

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1864-9884-2286
I'd love to play sm4sh at B.A.E. but all my buds only play melee. Can't you just host melee on a different day than sm4sh? That'd solve the last two and I'm sure a lot of meleefriends in this thread could bring in systems.

Tenretsujin10

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to play sm4sh at B.A.E. but all my buds only play melee. Can't you just host melee on a different day than sm4sh? That'd solve the last two and I'm sure a lot of meleefriends in this thread could bring in systems.
- you could come to this Smash with BAE and meet some cool Smash 4 People and make new friends!
- At Smash with BAE 2, we had someone bring in a melee/pm setup for friendlies on the side and he played Smash 4 for the first time and enjoyed himself!
- It'll take some additional organizing for another day dedicated to melee and such, so I would need to address my schedule with my fellow TO, then with the store. If the store is fine with it, and I have the spare time on my hands then I'm sure it would work out!

Top Bottom