• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest game you have finished

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. If you take the time to explore and/or grind, nothing becomes a challenge. You are so broken up and down with so many items (and a room-clearing spell, not that you need it) that even the final boss is a joke. And if things really aren't easy enough, if you truly feel the need to break the game more, there's a weapon which sole purpose is to be disgustingly overpowered. You become a walking monsoon of hitboxes.

GalaxyWing

Ascension
NNID
SkaiSong
3DS FC
5086-2324-1353
VVVVVV or Cave Story. Both were not really that hard but getting the best ending in Cave Story was, eventually I was able to speedrun best ending and do it easily.
Surprisingly, Cave Story was also one of the many games I've found easy. And yeah I remember that True Ending being ridiculously hard but after a few tries I ended up getting it lol. Fun game.

Though the easiest game I'VE ever beaten would probably be Pokemon Pearl. I dont think I filled out the entire pokedex but it definitely did not take me long to beat.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Now that I finished it, Fire Emblem: Awakening probably is one of the easiest RPGs, thus easiest games, I've finished.

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
I think Wind Waker was the first game I played where I made it to the credits without dying even once. I remember I tried intentionally getting killed after that just to see what it looked like.

I recently tried doing a heart-limited run on Wind Waker HD's Hero Mode, and while I still wouldn't call it a particularly challenging game with the generous checkpoints and predictable enemies, it was refreshing to see that I was finally dying quite a few times at choke points like the Hyrule Castle brawl.

NightmareViperSlash

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemonGamer1996
3DS FC
4441-9480-1382
Mario Is Missing, you can have zero idea on the questions but since there is no punishment for getting it wrong, you can pretty much just keep guessing until you get it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I would say Pokemon X/Y. If only because the EXP Share breaks everything to hell and back.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Super Mario 3D Land is the one that comes in mind. Haven't had a Game Over in the 3 playthroughs I had playing it.

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town. All you have to do is tell the mayor you don't want his farm.

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
Super Mario Galaxy, I found most of the "hard" parts (Bouldergiest Daredevil, Battlerock Purple Coins, etc.) easy.

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
It might not be that easy at first but I played Metroid Fusion so much that I know the whole game, and managed to 100% speedrun this at 1h54mins.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
It might not be that easy at first but I played Metroid Fusion so much that I know the whole game, and managed to 100% speedrun this at 1h54mins.
Yeah, I just played Fusion a couple weeks back, and the bosses are complete BS. I wouldn't call it easy by any stretch of the imagination. I was missing maybe 1-2 energy tanks, and even when I just gave up and started scumming savestates Ridley was an absolute nightmare. If your boss is nearly impossible with savestates, you might want to rethink the game design a little.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. If you take the time to explore and/or grind, nothing becomes a challenge. You are so broken up and down with so many items (and a room-clearing spell, not that you need it) that even the final boss is a joke. And if things really aren't easy enough, if you truly feel the need to break the game more, there's a weapon which sole purpose is to be disgustingly overpowered. You become a walking monsoon of hitboxes.
Shield Rod + Alucard Shield absolutely ruins the Inverted Castle. That being said, there are bits that are challenging before you get either of those.

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
What I loved about Order of Ecclesia was that you could spend a lot of extra time exploring, doing sidequests and grinding for glyphs/levels, and the game would STILL be tough. It sucked that IGA's relationship with Konami started to break down not long after its release, because it felt like the 2D Castlevanias were really getting somewhere and the SotN format was being refined to a razor edge.

He WAS working on a 3D game starring Alucard for the PS3 and 360, but it was canceled in favor of Lords of Shadow.

Last edited:

Kasran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kasran
What I loved about Order of Ecclesia was that you could spend a lot of extra time exploring, doing sidequests and grinding for glyphs/levels, and the game would STILL be tough. It sucked that IGA's relationship with Konami started to break down not long after its release, because it felt like the 2D Castlevanias were really getting somewhere and the SotN format was being refined to a razor edge.
And now we're getting Bloodstained, where IGA can use Kickstarter money to do his own thing with no Konami restrictions at all! It'll be hype. Let's hope he continues to refine the challenge and difficulty of the IGAvania format.

So, sidebar: Do games like Gone Home and Dear Esther and Bernband - experiences to be explored, where there is no challenge to speak of or where the challenge is arguably intellectual rather than systems-based - count for this discussion? I suppose they shouldn't, given that they'd make for easy targets, but I thought I'd at least bring it up as a conversation starter while we're discussing the relative difficulty of different games.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Shield Rod + Alucard Shield absolutely ruins the Inverted Castle. That being said, there are bits that are challenging before you get either of those.
Oh, dear God, how could I forget the Alucard Shield Rod? That one's arguably more broken than the Crissaegrim.

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
And now we're getting Bloodstained, where IGA can use Kickstarter money to do his own thing with no Konami restrictions at all! It'll be hype. Let's hope he continues to refine the challenge and difficulty of the IGAvania format.
As far as I know, none of Igarashi's old staff from KCE Tokyo have followed him to work on Bloodstained, which is being made by Inticreates. IGA isn't a creative genius or auteur director, he's mainly just a huge Castlevania fanboy who got lucky enough to wind up at the head of the series. He doesn't even have that great of a track record, since pretty much everyone agrees that the two PS2 Castlevanias (his highest budget projects) were mediocre at best and awful at worst.

I think it will end up exactly like Inti's other crowdfunded project, Mighty No. 9: a shamelessly nostalgia-pandering disappointment that gets delayed way too many times. They didn't even have the tact to leave a direct Castlevania reference out of the title.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
As far as I know, none of Igarashi's old staff from KCE Tokyo have followed him to work on Bloodstained, which is being made by Inticreates. IGA isn't a creative genius or auteur director, he's mainly just a huge Castlevania fanboy who got lucky enough to wind up at the head of the series. He doesn't even have that great of a track record, since pretty much everyone agrees that the two PS2 Castlevanias (his highest budget projects) were mediocre at best and awful at worst.

I think it will end up exactly like Inti's other crowdfunded project, Mighty No. 9: a shamelessly nostalgia-pandering disappointment that gets delayed way too many times. They didn't even have the tact to leave a direct Castlevania reference out of the title.
Nobody thinks that. Curse of Darkness and Lament of Innocence were definitely not awful, or mediocre. They're not the greatest games, but they're far from the worst.

Limnbasla

Smash Rookie
NNID
yoshis2ndcousin
3DS FC
1821-9124-9329
I seem to remember some Tom and Jerry game for the DS that I got years and years ago. If i remember correctly, the entire game was just a series of crappy QTE's. Beat it in a couple hours and regretted asking my mom for it.

GuffMcGufferson

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3869-7120-5996
Cars and Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins were fairly easy for me to beat

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Like others have said, X/Y were among the easiest games I've played. However, when not using the Exp. Share, it gets slightly more difficult

still doesn't stop the HERE'S A MEGA STARTER
and the HERE'S A MEGA LUCARIO
as well as the HERE, HAVE A FREE LAPRAS

Twewy

Smash Lord
Like others have said, X/Y were among the easiest games I've played. However, when not using the Exp. Share, it gets slightly more difficult

still doesn't stop the HERE'S A MEGA STARTER
and the HERE'S A MEGA LUCARIO
as well as the HERE, HAVE A FREE LAPRAS
You can almost make a full team out of the free Pokemon you get.

Starter
Kanto Starter
IIRC there's a free Kangaskhan
Lapras
Verison Legendary
Lucario

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
You can almost make a full team out of the free Pokemon you get.

Starter
Kanto Starter
IIRC there's a free Kangaskhan
Lapras
Verison Legendary
Lucario
No free Kangaskhan, but yeah dude it's ridiculous

Remember the days when Bikes were $1,000,000? :^)

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
In terms of the easiest "fresh" game for me, I remember when I first got New Super Mario Bros for my then-new DS Lite, I beat it in a couple days in a matter of a few combined hours (like, five or six combined hours). Being able to hold a Mega Mushroom in reserve made the game super broken, especially considering that you can even whip the final bosses in a matter of seconds with one.

Top Bottom