• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest game you have finished

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Basically any Mario game from the last six years. I read plenty of reviews (especially in Nintendo Power, r.i.p.) where people were raging about the Purple Coin challenge in Mario Galaxy's Toy Time Galaxy, yet I pulled it off on like the third or fourth try, no frustration at all. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is another example.

For quickest to beat game... It'd have to be Spring Breeze mode in Kirby Super Star Ultra.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Trace Memory. The game is rather easy for a point n' click and can be beaten in three hours. I feel bad for anyone that bought it full price back when it was first released. I picked it up for about $8 and still feel ripped off.

GeN17

Smash Rookie
NNID
MageWolf
One easy game that I beat would have to be Kirby anything really. Most of the Kirby games are just really easy, and the only time I really die in them is because I was just being careless.

Twewy

Smash Lord
One easy game that I beat would have to be Kirby anything really. Most of the Kirby games are just really easy, and the only time I really die in them is because I was just being careless.
I would agree, but True Arena in SSU's whooped my ass something fierce.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
Portal, for sure. None of the puzzles, except chamber 18, were particularly difficult. To say they weren't fun would be an outright, lie, though.

NintendoReaper

Smash Rookie
NNID
NReaper
3DS FC
0834-2145-7839
Definitely "The Letter" for Wii U. It doesn't even take 10 minutes to beat it if you know where everything is. Even if you don't, a good 15 to 20 minutes will do the trick. It was only worth 53 cents though when I bought it so it shouldn't had surprised me so much.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
It might have just been because I was quite young while playing it, but I found Kirby and the amazing mirror pretty hard.

LOZ: ALBW (a link between worlds)
Yep. On my first try I found every heart piece without going out of my way to look for them, and 100%ed it without ever losing a life. It made that whole "rent an item till you die" gimmick quite useless.

Though to be honest, only the first few LOZ games were actually somewhat challenging.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
Though to be honest, only the first few LOZ games were actually near impossible without a strategy guide or a ton of trial and error

Edited for accuracy.
Thats kinda what made them challenging though. I don't know if I'm missing your point or what. Actually now that I think about it, they were mostly hard from an execution based standpoint; basic enemies got slightly nerfed in every successive installment. Its not like they had insane puzzles that required tedious trial and error. There was a very limited amount of objects on each screen, and the most difficult "puzzle" in the original required pushing one of the 4 blocks in a room in a certain direction.

Though I think everyone can agree that the Goron dance in oracle of ages was broken difficult and the hardest part of all the games.

finalark

SNORLAX
I think metal gear solid 3 but then again the difficulty was in very easy ; D
You should replay it on normal. It's a fantastic game that deserves to be played on its intended difficulty.

Thats kinda what made them challenging though. I don't know if I'm missing your point or what. Actually now that I think about it, they were mostly hard from an execution based standpoint; basic enemies got slightly nerfed in every successive installment. Its not like they had insane puzzles that required tedious trial and error. There was a very limited amount of objects on each screen, and the most difficult "puzzle" in the original required pushing one of the 4 blocks in a room in a certain direction.

Though I think everyone can agree that the Goron dance in oracle of ages was broken difficult and the hardest part of all the games.
The thing that made the NES era Zelda had was figuring out exactly where you were supposed to go and what you were supposed to do. I know LoZ 1 especially was very exploration driven, but it just got flat out esoteric at times.

LoZ II is just a poorly designed game in terms of logical progression. For example, at the begening of the game you have a few areas to explore but most of the map is blocked off by dark caves. Going into these caves results in you getting your ass kicked. So, what as the game taught us? Going into dark caves is bad and you need something to get through them.

So, what do you have to do in order to get the item that lets you go through a dark cave?

You have to go through a dark cave.

So yeah, LoZ I is esoteric and LoZ II is just poorly made.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow

First time I played Red it I chose Squirtle, and I decided to only use that pokemon and never catch any others (except for HM slaves). Well using only one Pokemon counter-intuitively makes the game WAY TOO easy I found out. The single Pokemon over levels so fast and other Pokemon end up only doing like 1-3 damage to it. I did this again with Pokemon Blue but I used only Jigglypuff and that was even easier since Normal Pokemon have no real weaknesses and Puff has good attacks and crazy high HP. With Yellow I beat it with only Sandshrew, SLASH is so OP (crits all day)

Last edited:

GenNyan

Smash Ace
The thing that made the NES era Zelda had was figuring out exactly where you were supposed to go and what you were supposed to do. I know LoZ 1 especially was very exploration driven, but it just got flat out esoteric at times.

LoZ II is just a poorly designed game in terms of logical progression. For example, at the begening of the game you have a few areas to explore but most of the map is blocked off by dark caves. Going into these caves results in you getting your *** kicked. So, what as the game taught us? Going into dark caves is bad and you need something to get through them.

So, what do you have to do in order to get the item that lets you go through a dark cave?

You have to go through a dark cave.

So yeah, LoZ I is esoteric and LoZ II is just poorly made.
I wasn't arguing with you dude. I agree. It was getting your *** handed to you constantly in said dark caves/palaces/whatnot that made the game challenging (My initial claim). I can see where you are coming from with LoZ 1, it just wasn't my personal experience with it.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Kirby's Dream Land 3. I like this game a lot, but it's by far the easiest game I've ever played (except maybe Katawa Shoujo, but I did get the girls' neutral/bad endings a few times by accident, and I'm calling the bad endings failure states). The only time I didn't walk all over this game was when I was going for all of the Heart Stars and fighting Zero.

Last edited:

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
It takes a :shades: REAL MAN :shades: to play Hello Kitty Roller Rescue....and then actually admit to it.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
Pokémon Y was so easy it's sad. No grinding needed at all, didn't lose a single battle in the game. The diffiulty needs to be around the same difficulty as Crystal, or any of the older ones for that matter. I want to have to try to beat a Pokémon game. I want a challenge please.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Pokémon Y was so easy it's sad. No grinding needed at all, didn't lose a single battle in the game. The diffiulty needs to be around the same difficulty as Crystal, or any of the older ones for that matter. I want to have to try to beat a Pokémon game. I want a challenge please.
The weird thing about the old gen 1 and 2 games is that they are actually EXTREMELY easy when you only use 1 Pokemon (or 2). The leveling and stats become very lopsided exponentially, enemy Pokemon soon only do 1-3 damage per attack or they barely affect your HP bar. No grinding even necessary.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
The weird thing about the old gen 1 and 2 games is that they are actually EXTREMELY easy when you only use 1 Pokemon (or 2). The leveling and stats become very lopsided exponentially, enemy Pokemon soon only do 1-3 damage per attack or they barely affect your HP bar. No grinding even necessary.
But then you use a link cable to battle one of your friends and get trounced? Thats what my brother used to do, but having 1 lv 80 doesn't compare to 6 lv 60s in terms of pvp.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
But then you use a link cable to battle one of your friends and get trounced? Thats what my brother used to do, but having 1 lv 80 doesn't compare to 6 lv 60s in terms of pvp.
Yea but you realize what you just said makes no sense, you're comparing apples to oranges

the amount of time and energy and exp it takes to get 6 lvl 60s is about 4-5x what is takes to get 1 lvl 80

A terrible example and comparison.

Now if it was even possible what would be "fair" is his 6 lvl 60s against you're 1 lvl 360 Pokemon. He would be absolutely demolished, your pokemon would be a God in comparison.

Now lvl 360 would take a lot more exp, so let's say even a lvl 150 could easily decimate 6 lvl 60s. They would do 1 damage according to the average formulas + it's against so much HP.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Kirby Squeak Squad was pretty easy... even by Kirby game standards. It didn't take me very long to 100% it, so I was kinda sad >__>

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I've heard this attributed to the reworked EXP All. In Gen1, EXP All evenly distributed all XP points received. It's basically like switching to every Pokemon in your party, except you don't have to waste turns doing it. In Gen6, EXP All copies the normal XP from defeating a foe to all of your other mons, effectively sextupling the amount of experience points you receive. Turning it off greatly increases the challenge, I've been told. I didn't find out until I was almost finished with the game that it was doing this.

I've only played Y once, so I could be completely wrong about the increased challenge. I've been thinking about getting a copy of X, or maybe Z if it ever comes out, until I remember how badly the Fairy type screwed over the type charts. I really hate digi mega evolutions too, but at least those can be ignored in the solo game. X/Y had this weird thing where it seemed to be trying to appeal to older fans of the series from the Gen1/2 days, but then it does things that seem to exist just to mess them up, like retrofitting well-known Pokemon with new types that resist their old counters and changing an item in such a way that it eliminates all challenge the game has.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I've heard this attributed to the reworked EXP All. In Gen1, EXP All evenly distributed all XP points received. It's basically like switching to every Pokemon in your party, except you don't have to waste turns doing it. In Gen6, EXP All copies the normal XP from defeating a foe to all of your other mons, effectively sextupling the amount of experience points you receive. Turning it off greatly increases the challenge, I've been told. I didn't find out until I was almost finished with the game that it was doing this.

I've only played Y once, so I could be completely wrong about the increased challenge. I've been thinking about getting a copy of X, or maybe Z if it ever comes out, until I remember how badly the Fairy type screwed over the type charts. I really hate digi mega evolutions too, but at least those can be ignored in the solo game. X/Y had this weird thing where it seemed to be trying to appeal to older fans of the series from the Gen1/2 days, but then it does things that seem to exist just to mess them up, like retrofitting well-known Pokemon with new types that resist their old counters and changing an item in such a way that it eliminates all challenge the game has.
Yes yes yes. I hate how the Exp. Share in the newer games (X, Y, ORAS) is given to the player so early. It makes everything so much more easy... I honestly think it shouldn't be offered until post game, because it can be useful for Blissey Bases, etc. But before that point, it just made the game too easy. I understand Nintendo is somewhat trying to appeal to younger audiences at the same time... but not in the right way. I beat ORAS way too easily.

Don't even get me started on Mega Evolutions. Or Fairy types for that matter.

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I never thought any of the Pokemon games were that hard tbh. In nearly all of them you can exclusively level your starter and as long as you're able to get moves that cover your weakness you'll be fine. And even then the games are usually merciful enough to make sure you can easily get mons that can trash the current gym.

I guess early game can be rough in RBY if you started with Charmander or if you're stuck with Pikachu in Yellow. But even then Brock's gym can easily be circumvented by catching a Caterpie and grinding it into a Butterfree, which is partially psychic and learns confusion at level 10. And since psychic was horribly broken in RBY and Butterfree was faster than anything Brock could throw at you claiming victory was easy.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I never thought any of the Pokemon games were that hard tbh. In nearly all of them you can exclusively level your starter and as long as you're able to get moves that cover your weakness you'll be fine. And even then the games are usually merciful enough to make sure you can easily get mons that can trash the current gym.

I guess early game can be rough in RBY if you started with Charmander or if you're stuck with Pikachu in Yellow. But even then Brock's gym can easily be circumvented by catching a Caterpie and grinding it into a Butterfree, which is partially psychic and learns confusion at level 10. And since psychic was horribly broken in RBY and Butterfree was faster than anything Brock could throw at you claiming victory was easy.
You're right, but XY and ORAS made it terribly easier. There was no experience grinding necessary in those games with the Exp. Share, wheras in RBY at least some experience grinding was necessary. Truthfully, you're correct when you say that none of the games were difficult, primarily because they were aimed at younger audiences. Maybe one day they'll make a difficult one... the only one that threw me off guard was Gale of Darkness, since dark Pokémon (shadow Pokémon?) were at times hard to obtain. Other than that, yeah, Pokémon games were never really difficult.

finalark

SNORLAX
You're right, but XY and ORAS made it terribly easier. There was no experience grinding necessary in those games with the Exp. Share, wheras in RBY at least some experience grinding was necessary. Truthfully, you're correct when you say that none of the games were difficult, primarily because they were aimed at younger audiences. Maybe one day they'll make a difficult one... the only one that threw me off guard was Gale of Darkness, since dark Pokémon (shadow Pokémon?) were at times hard to obtain. Other than that, yeah, Pokémon games were never really difficult.
I think it would be interesting to see another Pokemon game designed a bit closer to a traditional RPG. I feel like, speaking exclusively about the main series the only game to be designed like that was RBY. As the series has gone on its become increasingly obvious that Game Freak has been more mindful of the multiplayer aspect.

For example, people often complain about how certain types were absolutely broken in gen 1. The fact is, these types were intentionally made powerful as they were meant to be the game's equivalent to ultimate weapons. For example, Dragon was only on the Dragonite line, which could only be found late in the game and required a ton of grinding before it became useful but once the grindfest was done you had yourself a powerful Pokemon that could crush what was left of the game. The Gengar and Alakazam lines are comparable, both being difficult to obtain but very worthwhile if you were willing to put the effort into it.

On that same note legionaries were basically the game's version of secret optional bosses. Powerful and hard to beat (or in this case, catch) enemies that offered great rewards if you could find and overcome them? Sounds like a secret boss to me.

As the series went on the multiplayer aspect was taken more into consideration. Gen 2 rebalanced things so they were a bit more fair in multiplayer, going as far as to introduce a type that specifically countered the infamous psychic type. Gen 3 gave us the battle frontier, which existed as a way to turn pokemon into an endless game akin to what you'd find in more multiplayer oriented experienced and so on. Not to say these changes are bad, but it is notable how far Pokemon has strayed from traditional JRPG game design.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Yes yes yes. I hate how the Exp. Share in the newer games (X, Y, ORAS) is given to the player so early.
I wouldn't mind if the EXP Share or the EXP All were given as starter equipment, as long as it worked like it used to. The old EXP Share/All just redistributed XP you received, it didn't increase the total gained. People only ever used them because they makes it less of a pain to evenly level your mons.

I never thought any of the Pokemon games were that hard tbh. In nearly all of them you can exclusively level your starter and as long as you're able to get moves that cover your weakness you'll be fine.
Well, you're right, but picking and using one mon exclusively is incredibly counterintuitive. The entire point of the game is to capture and train a whole bunch of them, and the game mechanics support this through limited moveslots and the elemental rock-paper-scissors system. Still, even if Pokemon has never been that hard, with most of them it's not a trivial matter to walk all over the game, especially not by accident. I think I lost one fight ever, I forgot to heal my Pokemon after Victory Road and buy revives/full restore before taking on the E4. I can't remember if I was on my first fight or my second, but as soon as I healed up and bought my restoratives (which I needed very few of) I just laughed at the last five bosses in the game.

Twewy

Smash Lord

Charmander actually has a somewhat easy time at Brock. His Onix and Geodude have crap Special and Charmander should have Ember by the time you're at Pewter. Butterfree isn't Psychic, though Confusion helps since Special. Though the easiest thing to do for Char/Pika is get a Mankey and teach it Low Kick.

Pokemon's always been easy though, I agree. There are challenges but overall the games don't give you a rough time.

finalark

SNORLAX
Charmander actually has a somewhat easy time at Brock. His Onix and Geodude have crap Special and Charmander should have Ember by the time you're at Pewter. Butterfree isn't Psychic, though Confusion helps since Special. Though the easiest thing to do for Char/Pika is get a Mankey and teach it Low Kick.

Pokemon's always been easy though, I agree. There are challenges but overall the games don't give you a rough time.
I always forget that Butterfree isn't actually Physic but for some reason has access to a number of Psychic moves. Gen 1 was a weird game. When I was a kid I was convinced that Grass was weak to Psychic because damn near every grass type in the game was also poison type.

An option I always went for whenever I did a Char run was to deal with mystic by grabbing an Oddish and grinding it up into a Gloom since Starmie always wrecked Pikachu, making him worthless against that gym.

SurrealBrain

Smash Cadet
Easiest game? Hm...I'll go with Star Fox 2 on Easy. It literally took me little more than an hour to beat. That's shorter than Star Fox Assault, even.

D

Deleted member

Kirby's Epic Yarn. The game is so easy that you can't die (it's still enjoyable, however).

Top Bottom