• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

easier way to reverse thunder?

Gulslatem

Smash Rookie
i am sorry if this little technique has already been found out, i have looked for it and could not find it so i decided to post it lol.

so far the only way people have said to reverse thunder with pikachu is to jump in direction (left or right) and hit down b while rotating the control stick in the opposite direction to make pikachu move bakwards a bit...well i was screwing around today with pikachu and thundergaurding and i think i might have come up with a different (and perhaps easier way) to reverse thunder. instead of taking the one second to roll the control stick backwards and sometimes risk it not working, when you jump into the air (make sure your bsticking) tap the cstick backwards and down at an angle. this will result in pikachu moving in the opposite direction resulting in a reverse thunder if im not mistaken. if this was already discovered (which most likely it has been) i am completely sorry and this thread will end.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Eh..... not worth it to switch to b-sticking. Wavebounce thundering (which is what you're talking about, it sounds like) isn't that hard to do with the B button.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Well the technique is a bit old, but the discussion came up within the first week or so brawl came out so its not surprising you didn't find it. But yeah, bsticking makes reverse bing any move but neutral far easier. Theres a thread in Brawl Tactics somewhere discussing all the moves that can be reverse b'd by everyone, back when people thought bsticking would be a popular alternate control scheme.

Umm, speaking of thunder, does already everyone know how to thunder in a downward aerial trajectory without fastfalling? You have a slightly better option then what you have with dair since you can mash.

altairian

Smash Lord
I'd be interested in knowing how to thunder without fastfalling, that's my #1 source of stupid SD's when I'm playing aggressive ><

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
to do a low non-fastfall thunder offstage, I jump and immediately move the control stick back (to cancel out horizontal momentum) and then down. Since the control stick is in the down position too early for a fastfall to register, you can just keep using thunder and you keep the second jump.

Captain L

Smash Champion
Only move the joystick down half way. You'll still thunder, but you won't fast fall.

Razek

Smash Apprentice
Also if you are trying to down two in a row without fastfalling just never let go of down from the first one.

Top Bottom