• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easier C-Stick Tilt Desync

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if it's know but if you tilt the C-Stick exactly the right distance only popo will smash, this is very touchy and insanely hard. While messing around I found an easier way - You can smash the c-stick all the way if you do it exactly to the correct spot.

Image:

Just a tiny bit below/above the 45 degrees.

This is still hard but probably possible to master and use in real games.

If you are having trouble finding the sweet spot for this to work, try this:

Smash the c-stick all the way in exactly 45 degrees and hold it there, both climbers should up/down smash. Now slowly and gently slide it towards the area of the sweet spot and stop when popo f-smashes alone.

Edit: And something unrelated, useless but funny: You can desync by dashing into a wall and holding something during that weird smack-into-wall ainmation (Works like spotdodge/roll desync). When the game stalls in pokemon stadium, dash into the wall and hold taunt :p

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Ah, the wall desynch, used that quite alot on onett to get desynched iceblocks. Didn't knew about the tilted cstick desynch, it kinda reminds me of a certain pivotdesynch in brawl that is done with the cstick though.
Sounds very useful if it´s easy to get nice control of that =)

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Hm. I managed to do the c-stick desynch on my third try, but didn't get it once after that. I feel like if you could do it consistently it would give you a really safe approach, but it's really hard to do consistently.

Here are two desynchs related to the f-tilt desynch (got reminded of these by your other thread):

- Dash backwards, input something for Nana. This is a desynch I found when Brawl first came out, but the timing is kind of tricky (you input the move right before Popo would become active again) and it's not too fast.

- Dash attack backwards, but release the control stick quickly before hitting 'A'. Popo will dash attack and Nana will just run after you. It's kind of like the dash attack/f-smash desynch, but it gives you more options (you can dash attack -> nanapult, or even desynched dash attacks).

Top Bottom