• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ealing Smash Tournament

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
I want to know how many of you would come to this? Southall which is Ealing and easy to get to. I wana know how many off you guys would come? I dont have info atm, all i can say is that the tournament uses SBR rules, melee + brawl tourney, Double elim and crew battles at the end.

So send me some buzz if you would come?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I would most probably attend, but will need the info to confirm that.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
housing??? erm no, this isnt gona be a huge smash fest were im gona offer all this. this is my first inperson smash tourney so its a smal one.

Im doing this for fun with a few of my mates, no to attract people from all over the UK, but housing?? O_o , i have no idea why i would need it, get a hotel init....

COEY

Smash Lord
He just stopped playing really i think, too much real life comitments and stuff. He finished with melee before TKI (quite a while really i think) and with brawl not really taking off i don't think he's too interested anymore. Though knowing him i wont count him out yet.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I'm telling you dude if you want a proper melee tournament with great matches and the best players in the UK turning up you need housing. And just in case you're wandering smashers will sleep on the floor so all you really need is space. Like I said Charles might be able to help you out if you're thinking about doing a proper tournament or aiko if you want to talk to him

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm telling you dude if you want a proper melee tournament with great matches and the best players in the UK turning up you need housing. And just in case you're wandering smashers will sleep on the floor so all you really need is space. Like I said Charles might be able to help you out if you're thinking about doing a proper tournament or aiko if you want to talk to him
Yeah I agree. Even you can check if they can sleep at the venue. It doesnt have to be in a house, smashers arent picky where it is except if they don't have to pay (unless it some small amount like £1) and the place they are sleeping isnt far from the venue. All we want is a place with a roof for ONE night and a decent space to sleep in.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I agree. Even you can check if they can sleep at the venue. It doesnt have to be in a house, smashers arent picky where it is except if they don't have to pay (unless it some small amount like £1) and the place they are sleeping isnt far from the venue. All we want is a place with a roof for ONE night and a decent space to sleep in.
id obv come to any melee tourney. (<FULL STOP)

but i needs housing!!

again this is a small smash fest im doing for fun.... and its gona happen in my high school....

so housing isnt realy my thing... :S

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It should be called a smashfest, because a smashfest is a gathering of smashers just to play the game. But a tournament is where you usually put in money to the tourn and the winner wins the money at the end.
Because from the info you gave to us it seems like it was going to be a tournament.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
oh no, i thought a smash fest is a tournament lol, its gona be a tournament.... with prize draws and all
Ok, there is a website where you can download a program where everyone is put in a random slot in tourn so you dont have to work it out yourself. I forgot what its called but I remember it was available somewhere on allisbrawl.com. And the pot split (where the money is split between 1st, 2nd and 3rd I think) I THINK is something like 60/30/10 so 1st place gets 60% of the money and so on.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Ok, there is a website where you can download a program where everyone is put in a random slot in tourn so you dont have to work it out yourself. I forgot what its called but I remember it was available somewhere on allisbrawl.com. And the pot split (where the money is split between 1st, 2nd and 3rd I think) I THINK is something like 60/30/10 so 1st place gets 60% of the money and so on.

lol, I use Tio , ive used in countless online tournaments, but i wont be needing it for this tournament, i can make the brackets by hand and take care of the money as wel....

BTW, i am from AiB (allisbrawl.com)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
You had school 2day I am guessing Brawler_pit so did you check to see if you could host the smashfest there.
And of course the details, the details, the details is what we need about this event.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
You had school 2day I am guessing Brawler_pit so did you check to see if you could host the smashfest there.
And of course the details, the details, the details is what we need about this event.
im gona ask a good teacher on wednesday, my cricket coah is realy cool wiv me , so il ask him, if not at my high school , then its gona in southal which is easy to get to, (it has its own train station). Il probably ask Maplins which maybe a little bit of walking, but atleast i get T.Vs because IDK about anyone having them.....

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ok, make sure you're event date doesn't clash with any other event dates and I will try to figure out how to get there and then tell you if I can make it. I am guessing that it is an overground train to get there.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Ok, make sure you're event date doesn't clash with any other event dates and I will try to figure out how to get there and then tell you if I can make it. I am guessing that it is an overground train to get there.
I will try not to make it on a date for any smash event or religious events. Yes its a overground train station, but its not hard to get since theres a line which goes from Paddingtion Station to Southall easy.

Also, ive sent a email to ask for this, all i need a reply, before i can start hosting this.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
at first i thought you was joking about this

but you seem really serious ? .

about this o_0
Why would someone make a thread about a tourn they wanna host and be joking lol. Before me and Brawler_Pit had a dispute about how much money goes to the venue and how much to the pot. I said if its £5 maybe 4/3 to the pot but not something like 1/2....I dunno anyonelse have an opinion on the matter.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
he said he is doing it as his high school ,

so i assumed he was joking loool ,

not to sound arrogant but im not travelling to a secondary school to smash

dont see that happen in my future says : my fortune teller .

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
he said he is doing it as his high school ,

so i assumed he was joking loool ,

not to sound arrogant but im not travelling to a secondary school to smash

dont see that happen in my future says : my fortune teller .
But you would travel to a house lol:S.
Man up, I know your scared that girls might see you going to play smash and think your neeky but you just gotta put some of dat aaron charm on dem.

Top Bottom