• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Countdown & Bingo-Today's the day! (Direct, Treehouse and Invitational)

At E3 2018, Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch will be...

• Smash WiiU with DLC?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smash WiiU with DLC & upscaled 3DS content?

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • a new game based off Smash WiiU's engine?

Votes: 95 68.8%
  • announced without elaboration?

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • entirley absent?

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • something else?

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • made with a new engine?

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • available after this presentation?

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say at least 20 characters to be revealed

Now where can I make my own Bingo
I made min in MS Word so there's no fancy program or art skills are needed. Just put something together and see how it stacks up come June. There's Bingo card makers online if you type "Bingo Card Maker" into google if you want to give that a shot

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'd say at least 20 characters to be revealed
To compare, the 2014 Invitational had 20 characters to choose from (6 of which were newcomers)

And for the fact the Invitational has a chance of happening before Nintendo's E3 presentation (Smash & Splatoon tourneys are June 11-12 and Nintendo's E3 is June 12-14), not giving us any Smash details before E3 would make things a total train wreck.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Right now I'm playing as one different fighter for Classic Mode 9.0 each day until the Invitational.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Right now I'm playing as one different fighter for Classic Mode 9.0 each day until the Invitational.
That's one way to pass the time.

WiiU or 3DS?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Full info about E3 now given.

Looks like Nintendo is showing off Smash Switch for the first time in the video presentation followed by the invitational and then treehouse showcase.

Looks like 9am is the time to wait for. I'll start putting together what that is in different timezones on page 1

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, Nintendo has announced that they will be sharing new details on the Nintendo Switch Online service early next month, which means removal of that square on my BINGO card is extremely likely.

Good thing I made three emergency squares a while back!

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'm guessing the presentation will show off 2-3 newcomers (1 of them being the first new third party character), and then 1-2 extra newcomer(s?) at either the treehouse event or the tournament.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well 6 weeks or a Month and a bit to go. This is gonna be a loooooooonnnnng May.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now with the details on the Switch online service from yesterday, I can now safely remove my "Nintendo Switch Online Service info" square off my BINGO sheet.

Here's the updated one

Wario Bros.'s Nintendo E3 2018 Bingo Sheet a.png

As you can see, the square mentioned above has now been replaced with "New amiibo Set"

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is it just me or is that less players than last time?

In regards to the online service updates you can either cross them off of change them to new ones.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we're in the home stretch now.

Though if the first 12 days of May felt this long already...

Here's some triumphant music to see us through.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Just a month? That's nuts.

I can't wait, someone cryogenically freeze me and thaw me in a month. And if I end up in a future overrun with Atheist like Cartman, I'm sueing

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I have to wait an entire month before E3? I don't think i'll be able to survive for that long!

D

Deleted member

I have to wait an entire month before E3? I don't think i'll be able to survive for that long!
We have survived the news drought from March up to this point, im sure we can survive this!

......i hope

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I hope they make a new Smash Bros. game for the Switch. Plus, make it also available on 3DS!
Not to burst your bubble but i hope they don't since they already have a smash game for 3ds and also they would have to make some cuts for 3ds version as well as they did postpone the wii u version when that happened so yeah i hope the focus should be the switch system

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Gotta get my E3 prediction bingo out before any more things spill out. Made this before the events of today, now my Star Fox... uh... suspicion seems a lot less impressive, lol.

Let's see if I can bingo two years in a row. :D

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's something useful

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
I updated my bingo sheet with the recent leaks and the fact Nintendo already revealed details about Switch online.
Link to that edited post.

Going to talk about a leak, so gotta keep it in a spoiler box:
I speculate that we will go back to Kanto + Johto alongside a new region that borders Kanto, in other words the Pokémon world equivalent of the Japanese Tohoku region. The regional Pokédex will include all Pokémon from gen 1 and 2 + cross evolutions from gen 4 as well as Azurill/Wynaut/Sylveon + new Pokémon from gen 8 + maybe some other Pokémon from gen 3 to 7 to fill in. Also similar to how a Rockruff with a special Ability can evolve into an exclusive form of Lycanroc, the Pikachu and Eevee you'll be gifted in these games will have their own special Ability and will evolve into a new Pokémon each regular Pikachu and Eevee can't evolve into.

It's gonna be unfortunate if Pokémon Switch is revealed during the Smash Switch pre-release era though. Playing Sun almost blind was awesome and I'd love to discover generation 8 the same way. On the other hand no way I'm gonna miss pre-release reveals of Smash characters (although I might deliberately leave the speculation era about one month before the game's release as I'd love to discover hidden characters not spoiled by leaks).

Also I said elsewhere that I would miss the livestream but I apparently miscalculated when converting to my timezone, however it is still be possible that I might miss it live for other reasons.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even with the current events, I'm leaning towards keeping my "Pokémon for Switch" square on my BINGO sheet. They could still show something small at E3 and my square is vague enough to possibly still get something out of it.

I guess I’ll go and explain the requirements for some of my BINGO card squares:

A Nintendo crossover with a third party company
Super Smash Bros. does not count.

New amiibo Set
Has to be a SET (as in at least 2 amiibo made for a single game or series).

Bayonetta 3 takes a different approach
Shows that it’s more than a level pack of Bayonetta 1 or 2 with a new story (while Bayonetta 2 was highly praised, some believed it didn’t stray too from Bayonetta 1 in terms of gameplay).

At least 2 exclusive third party titles
Games from the “A Nintendo crossover with a third party company” square will count but only if the game is published by the third party company.

DLC/Update for a Game Already Out
If it’s content we knew before E3 via datamining, it still counts. Also, Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion will not count.

New Main Series Animal Crossing game for Switch
A spin-off will not count.

Minds Blown at Smash/Splatoon Tournaments
Doesn’t need both the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 and Splatoon 2 World Championship to count, either will do. And by “minds blown,” I mean something on the lines of a hype/crazy reveal during either competition or a “Do you believe in miracles?” moment.

And I’m still deciding what will count or not when it comes to pre-E3 leaks. Probably will depend on the leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
upload_2018-5-19_21-1-30.png

Here's my bingo card! Probably took way too long to make lmao
Some clarifications, cause it was hard to be clear on some of these given the limited space:

Smash Uses Oldish Engine: This basically just means it uses Smash 4's engine with some tweaks, similar to what we saw with Splatoon 2
Some Sorta...Game...Thing?: This is for that games that Nintendo is real proud of but just leaves you going...what? Like Wii Music, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, that sorta jazz.
New Smash 3rd Party: Specifically as a playable character.
Smash During Spaltourney: This is specifically in reference to showing off the Inklings in Smash.
Some Quirky Exec Hijinks: This is along the lines of MechaReggie, Muppets, stop-motion animation, etc.
At Least One BR Game: This could be Fortnite, PUBG, Black Ops 4, Splattle Royale, whatever.
Spring Man in Smash 5: ...as a playable character.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Into the final 3 weeks now. I was right, this May's been going on forever.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
(Odyssey DLC) (New Zelda 3DS Game) (Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee) (Kirby Star Allies DLC) (Yoshi Switch)

(Metroid Prime 4) (Star Fox GP) (Mother 3) (FE Switch) (Newcomer @ Smash Invitational)

(New Labo Sets) (More Switch Online Details) (Free Space) (Details on Nintendo mobile games) (New Classic Edition Console)

(New Nintendo Warriors Game) (Bayonetta 3) (Spyro Trilogy on Switch) (Senran Kagura main series game on Switch) (Final Fantasy coming to Switch)

(TMS# FE Port) (Fatal Frame: MoBW Port) (Wonderful 101 Port) (Xenoblade X Port) (Paper Mario Color Splash Port)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's getting to feel so real now. Only eighteen days...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Thankfully I can control myself to not get distracted by my E3 hype to function normally in the outside world.

... but how much longer can keep this up? :[

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
A hanafuda card mascot would be pretty interesting ngl

That said, these are fair points. Pro Wrestling doesn't necessarily have the legacy:4gaw::4rob::4duckhunt:did and didn't do anything important for their history, at least on their scale. Unless you count the "A winner is you!" quote.
Feel free to check out my support threads for Daitoryo and Sheriff, if you're interested.

I guess Diskun can be argued to be important to, but he's not on the same level, honestly.

Other things that are extremely important to Nintendo's history are:

Nintendo branching out from playing cards into other ventures. This was marked by Hiroshi Yamauchi aquiring a license to use Disney characters in his cards, but good luck using Mickey as a historical character.

Their Ultra series of toys, which includes the Ultra Hand and Ultra Machine (designed by Gunpei Yokoi), but that doesn't have a character associated strongly with it. I would suggest using a toy-era mascot like one of their two Joker designs from their playing cards to represent the transition, but that's obscure even for me.

Reference, since i'm sure it's necessary. The first one is more common, for sure, but the latter still shows up frequently. Alternatively, there's always the Kangaroo from the Mini Kangaroo series, even if that is a bit after the Ultra series of toys. Though there was an Australian Ultra Hand release that used a similar looking Kangaroo, which could arguably be the same thing.

Nintendo trying to use Popeye characters for arcade games, which failed and led to the creation of Mario, Pauline, and Donkey Kong. Ultimately, Nintendo acquired a license to use Popeye characters, and NoA actually was in charge of Popeye products. I suppose Popeye would work as a historical inclusion, but he's also...you know, Popeye, a cartoon character.​

Any other ideas?

Personally I see the pattern as a 'hardware' character but you can also argue that it represents a part of Nintendo's history. The Hanafuda idea is pretty solid, but it all depends if that is something Sakurai has even considered. Diskun could be cool too, as would Sherrif but he might not want to take the 'oldest character' away from Game and Watch/Pac.
That's fair. Do we have any official statements on why any of those three were chosen? If there's a statement by Sakurai of why they're included, that would help.

I don't think including a character older than Game and Watch would diminish his legacy, though. His games were the first major Nintendo success, and that means a lot. By major, I mean that they went from barely breaking a million on certain games to selling 43.4 million Game and Watch units. It depends on how one interprets it, though.

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with inviting Lucky. No offense to Lucky; his Fox is sick when he's not messing up, and I'd love to see him play more Project M. But they picked him over Mew2King, their brand ambassador and an avid fan of all the games, and a consistent crowd favorite in Melee. Lucky is a major left field invite for whom I cannot see the rationale in a charitable light.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I disagree with inviting Lucky. No offense to Lucky; his Fox is sick when he's not messing up, and I'd love to see him play more Project M. But they picked him over Mew2King, their brand ambassador and an avid fan of all the games, and a consistent crowd favorite in Melee. Lucky is a major left field invite for whom I cannot see the rationale in a charitable light.
I have a feeling the mechanics from Melee and Project M will not transfer well if at all to Smash Switch.

Not to mention none of the players will have the chance to play it before the tournament starts so no time to brush up on the game.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think the mechanics alone will be nearly as important as making sure you know how to work with the basic controller well. Though having another fighting game to use it with helps a bit more(but only if there's some similarities between the games. In the case of my example down below, they still were 2D enough to work).

For the Brawl pre-release tournament, I practiced the Wiimote nunchuck combo with Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, and it really really helped. Not that I won the thing by any means, but it easily get me used to it enough to easily adapt to the exact controls.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Entering the last two weeks.

At least I've got a new job to take my mind off the wait.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm going into hype hibernation so I'll stick around to update the countdown but I'm gonna keep eyes off leaks. After all it's at the point where they might just be real.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'm going into hype hibernation so I'll stick around to update the countdown but I'm gonna keep eyes off leaks. After all it's at the point where they might just be real.
Good luck, I'd like to follow suit but it's difficult.

Top Bottom