• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data E3 Build Information, Changes and Damage Values [Ike]

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Watching this leaves me the impression that it is no longer possible to mix-up Ike's Jab with attacks like down tilt anymore(You can tell the Ike player was trying this twice at 0:24 and 2:38)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb_9bCBPz8g

Also: has down smash really got better range now?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Well if you see the crouch, that's after IASA, so a d-tilt would be possible at that point, but Ike could never truly jab d-tilt someone, and with the less KB, it might be less advantageous on hit as well.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Cool observation. Hopefully there is still enough of a frame advantage on hit to continue an offensive, otherwise Ike will just finish the combo into a tech chase.

On a related note, since there have been talks of knockback in general being more horizontal, there may be more chances to tech chase with jab3, aerials, and throws.

Opponents could DI and jump away in smash 4, but in Brawl, it was common to go for a strong tech chase with bthrow if the throw landed them at a perfect position near the edge.

I imagine there will be more ways to continue damage strings with tech chases if needed. Ike is a bit too slow to tech chase DI away + roll away in 4, but it should be possible in this game.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Has dair been buffed at all to be a better spike? The sweetspot on it in smash 4 was so bad

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Has dair been buffed at all to be a better spike? The sweetspot on it in smash 4 was so bad
No info on D-Air's range or hitbox duration being changed so far. We just have landing lag/damage info.

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
I was watching a video recently and saw Ike use Usmash; to me, it looked like it had less ending lag. Has anyone else observed this or is it me being too hopeful?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was watching a video recently and saw Ike use Usmash; to me, it looked like it had less ending lag. Has anyone else observed this or is it me being too hopeful?
Frame data on Usmash is the same in the demo, I checked it. At most, I could be off by a few frames. Other sources also state that it's the same.

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
Frame data on Usmash is the same in the demo, I checked it. At most, I could be off by a few frames. Other sources also state that it's the same.
Thanks for letting me know, hopefully the sour spot isn't as weak. Ike looks really fun, can't wait to try him out!

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
Top Bottom