• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data E3 Build Information, Changes and Damage Values [Ike]

Flon

Smash Cadet

The E3 June build of Smash Ultimate will be outdated at any moment and none of the present changes are solidified.
However, for documentation purposes and to get an idea of the direction they're taking Ike it would still be good to list them.

As far as I know, damage is given a 20% boost when the following is met: 1v1 and items turned off. There's other bonuses to account for, such as the fresh attack bonus. The values I've provided can easily be wrong. Any additional help would be very appreciated.

I'm comparing data to Smash 4. I will be using the base values for damage as a comparison (accounting and attempted removal of the stale moves bonus) but providing the 1v1 bonus too.

physics / other
✔ jump squat reduced: 7 → 3
? new jump animation
? new idle animation

neutral attack
⚫ startup frame unchanged: 4
damage reduction: 3%, 3%, 5% → 2.5%, 2.5%, 5% (1v1 → 12.6%)
? neutral attack 1 and 2 now keep opponents grounded

dash attack
⚫ startup frames unchanged: 15
⚫ damage unchanged: 14%
(1v1 → 16.8%)

neutral aerial

new animation
✔ startup frames reduced: 12 → 10
✔
landing frames reduced: 14 → 8
✔
total frames reduced: 59 → 56
clean hit damage reduction: 10% → 7.5% (1v1 → 9%)
? now has a non-tipper sourspot in additional to late hit (~6.3%)

up aerial

new animation (now an overhead sword swing; covers a wide arc above and below)
✔ startup frames reduced: 14 → 13
✔
landing frames reduced: 15 → 9
active frames reduced
⚫ clean hit damage unchanged: 11% (1v1 → 13.2%)
? late hit sourspot added

forward aerial

altered animation (initial start-up and recovery poses are emphasized)
✔ startup frames reduced: 12 → 11
✔
landing frames reduced: 18 → 14
total frames increased: 54 → 59
autocancel frames increased: no short-hop autocancel
damage reduction: 13% → 11.5% (1v1 → 13.8%)

back aerial
⚫ startup frames unchanged: 7
✔ landing frames reduced: 19 → 11
⚫ damage unchanged (1v1 → 16.8%)
? sourspot added?

down aerial
⚫ startup frames unchanged: 16
✔ landing frames reduced: 23 → 14
⚫ damage unchanged: 15% (1v1 → 18%)

up tilt
⚫ startup frames unchanged: 11
✔ total frames reduced: 47 → 39
late hit damage reduction: 10% → 8% (1v1 → 9.6%)

forward tilt
✔ startup frames reduced: 13 → 12
✔
damage increased: 12.5% → 13.5% (1v1 → 16.2%)

down tilt
⚫ startup frames unchanged: 7
⚫ damage unchanged: 8% (1v1 → 9.6%)

up smash
⚫ startup frames unchanged: 25
⚫ damage unchanged: 17% (1v1 → 20.4%)
⚫ late hit damage unchanged: 10% (1v1 → 12%)

down smash
⚫ startup frames unchanged: 13
✔
front hit damage increased: 14% → 16% (1v1 → 19.2%)
✔ back hit damage increased: 17% → 19% (1v1 → 22.8%)

neutral special (eruption)

✔ full charge has increased horizontal range due to additional pillars of fire

up special (aether)
✔ (grounded) startup reduced: 18 → 15
✔
(grounded) landing frames reduced: 38 → 35

side special (quick draw)
✔ (grounded attack) recovery frames reduced: 43 → 32

grab
standing grab total frames increased: 32 → 35
pummel damage reduction: 3 → 1.6%

up throw
✔ damage increased: 3%, 4% → 3.5%, 4% (1v1 → 9%)

forward throw
⚫ damage unchanged: 3%, 4%

down throw
⚫ damage unchanged: 3%, 4%

What else did you spot?

Last edited:

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
he looks amazing cant wait to play him

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWca6GvRn38

Here's some good footage of Ike vs Zelda! Looks like upthrow combos are still a thing. If anything, they're even more potent now because of his new upair. His new upair and nair look goddamn amazing.

Thanks for your hard work!

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I don't see any mention yet of the increased horizontal range on fully charged Eruption.
His counter also puts blue flames on his sword although it doesn't seem to have the fire property.

Caryslan

Smash Apprentice
I just watched the Zelda vs Ike match. It is just me, or does his sword seem longer in this game than in Smash 4?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Speaking of the counter, he swings the sword differently this time around.

Before, the backhand sword swipe was almost horizontal, but here, it seems like they gave him a bit of a diagonal swing so he can hit enemies that are slightly higher or lower than him unlike the past.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Based on the Zelda video, I think he lost that small bit of Utilt that used to hit behind him. He tried several times with Zelda pressed up against his back and nothing was hitting.

I've also heard that his smashes in general have a bit less start up/cooldown, seems to be a fairly universal change for the cast.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
I just watched the Zelda vs Ike match. It is just me, or does his sword seem longer in this game than in Smash 4?
I wondered about this as well. As far as I know, Brawl's version of Ragnell was the longest its been in Smash, though Ike's animations at the time also had some influence in his range, especially with F-air. The length of Link's Master Sword was increased in this game, and I can't complain if it turns out Ike received some sort of range buff, even if it's just a marginal increase from SSB4.

Anyway, I cannot wait to see how we can utilize Ike's new N-air and U-air animations to their fullest potential.

hermes

Smash Apprentice
Noo. That crazy good and autocancellable fair was unique though. At least we have nair. Bair landing lag looks oppressive. Ike will turn into another bair pressure cancer like many many characters.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Noo. That crazy good and autocancellable fair was unique though. At least we have nair. Bair landing lag looks oppressive. Ike will turn into another bair pressure cancer like many many characters.
Honestly, with all the other buffs we got, this is a small price to pay.

Stealth309

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, with all the other buffs we got, this is a small price to pay.
Be that as it may, I think that it's important to talk about how Ike benefits from these changes in comparison to the rest of the roster. It would not be a true buff unless said buff is exclusive to him (and maybe a handful of other characters, I suppose). The reduced landing lag on aerials, for example, is something nearly every fighter seems to benefit from.

I guess the real question to ask is what buffs does Ike specifically receive to help him compete with the rest of the roster?

Last edited:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
As far as I can see the "meta" of an unfinished game: Sakurai had went the "buff everyone" treatment after some homogenization and general mechanics tweaks. I had imagined he really wants competitor players to do well with their preferred character without crutches such as glitches, mechanical exploits, etc.

With the launching speed spike, air combos are certainly going to be more interesting, if not more "Melee-like" in terms of match intensity. Ike was fairly viable in competitive matches in Smash 4, and I'm content that despite the changes he got, he comes off as more viable than before. We'll know the truth once his kit is completely datamined and we see for ourselves through our own play.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
✔ jump squat is now 3 frames (previously: 7)
I went and checked and Ike's jump is frame 4. This would be in line with Falco, Fox, Marth/Lucina, Shulk, and Zelda's jump frame and I think everyone else's jump as of the E3 demo build. I used Nintendo's upload of ZeRo's Ike vs. Armada's Pokémon Trainer since it has quality settings for 60 FPS: https://youtu.be/iGXVpJLkyPg?t=85. For those of you who don't know, use , to move back a frame and . to move forward a frame with YouTube's frame-by-frame viewer. They're also the < and > keys on most keyboards. So, starting frame is when Ike suddenly crouches down from his idle. Frame 4 is when he's airborne.

I think the issue was that some of the other recordings were at 30 FPS or maybe some odd number. The Ike vs. Zelda off-camera video posted here, the one two posts below the OP, I checked had Ike become airborne on frame 2 which with the video being 30 FPS would make sense since if you double it, it'd be a frame 4. And the other video posted here of ZeRo vs. Armada had him jump on frame 3, so the recording might have skipped a frame or something.

Frame 3 or 4, it's much better than a frame 7 jump, especially with his Nair, Uair, and Fair being a frame or two faster

Edit: Okay, completely disregard this. Everyone's jump as of the E3 build is frame 3. I had to check Smash 4, KoF XIII, and KoF XIV to see if they considered the first airborne frame as part of the jumpsquat, pre-jump, jump, or whatever you want to call it and no, they do not. Smash 4 Falco is airborne on frame 7, his jumpsquat is 6 frames and all pre-jump animations or jumps are 4 frames in KoF XIII and XIV. For example, Terry is airborne on frame 5.

Man this is weird for me because I'm thinking of it like it's on frame 4 you can act during a jump like it's part of the "recovery" or startup of a normal move. Whatever.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Be that as it may, I think that it's important to talk about how Ike benefits from these changes in comparison to the rest of the roster. It would not be a true buff unless said buff is exclusive to him (and maybe a handful of other characters, I suppose). The reduced landing lag on aerials, for example, is something nearly every fighter seems to benefit from.

I guess the real question to ask is what buffs does Ike specifically receive to help him compete with the rest of the roster?
This question was answered by the Project M community after a sped-up Ike suddenly proved to be a vicious monster. Many considered him the best character in the mod at one point, if not outright broken. (Also having a high-speed, nigh-unreactable, stage-crossing OHKO move doesn't really help much with that perception.)

With all this speed, mobility, power, range, and ability to safely pressure your opponent, you're basically asking for a Cloud that generally hits harder, has a better recovery, can reliably combo out of throws, and survives a lot more because of the higher weight class.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Perhaps we can turn to some Smash 4 examples to see how he'd improve. In the case of his Uair specifically:

A number of characters had the ability to pressure defenses in close quarters using quick and/or large aerials that would be hard to punish and lead into combos on a successful hit. Falcon's Uair was one such move, with a mere 9 frames of landing lag. Meanwhile, the closest option Ike had was his own Uair, which was slower, only had followups at low damage, and most importantly could only reach tall characters due to the entire hitbox being above Ike. As the game's life went on, it seemed like Ike's ability to space was looking more and more lacking in comparison to other characters as more techniques were discovered.

These changes look like they're aimed at drastically improving his spacing and pressure abilities in a game designed to weaken heavily shield-based defensive play, then. The lag reductions have brought his Uair landing lag down to Smash 4 Falcon levels, it looks like it might have a hitbox to his side at the start and possibly at the end, allowing it to hit more foes, and it seems like it still might be a pretty strong hit despite its new hitbox. So we may be looking at a new combination spacing/aggressive pressure option that is more reliable and potentially deadly if it lands, which may combo at lower percents but most likely not lead to any easy followups later. This, combined with Nair's longer reach and reduced lag, sounds like they'll be very important tools if his Fair makes it to launch in its current less reliable state, and even if that move regains its autocancel capabilities they'll still let him use techniques other characters were using to harass him in 4.

Also, while the prospect of using Ike's new Uair to combo out of Uthrow is tantalizing, looking at the fact that Bowser and DK both got the knockback growth(?) increased on their Uthrow/cargo Uthrow respectively so that their combos stop working once some damage has been tacked on, it looks like the devs wanted to gut the concept of Hoo-hahs and Ding-dongs, making it incredibly unlikely we'll be able to get kills quite that easily.

Last edited:

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thkqn2-iWZU

Footage of Komo's Ike. I think u-throw combos are gone, didn't seem true in these videos. ZeRo said so as well. Pretty sad about that. =(
I think there is less hit stun in this game; I've heard that floating around. If that is the case, maybe down throw will work better? There isn't much way to know until more gameplay is released unfortunately.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
One thing to note, that was brought up today.

Look only at videos where items are turned off, this is where the 1.2x damage multiplier was actually in effect, and will show us what the actual 1v1 hitstun duration is like for throw combos.

D-throw is looking like a better combo throw at lower percents, with up-throw being superior at low-mid to mid-high percents, as per Smash 4.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dthrow works better at low % since the opponent is launched from the ground, but goes farther than uthrow. This ends up with opponents traveling the same distance, but dthrow providing more hitstun.

I am very interested in the frame data of specials. Aether is a few frames faster, appearing to begin on frame 15, and super armor appears to activate on frame 7 based on the trailer (may be different in gameplay).

Last edited:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Dthrow works better at low % since the opponent is launched from the ground, but goes farther than uthrow. This ends up with opponents traveling the same distance, but dthrow providing more hitstun.

I am very interested in the frame data of specials. Aether is a few frames faster, appearing to begin on frame 15, and super armor appears to activate on frame 7 based on the trailer (may be different in gameplay).
That being the case, it seems the risky(but effective as a starter on certain fighters), DThrow + Aether combo is all Ike may have, and it only being effective in general at low %s. I have watched a few videos of this in action but I want to see more frame data before drawing conclusion. I'm a fan of the combo anyway.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I think throw combos are gonna be more prevalent than we're letting it seem.

The best example of 1v1 hitstun is 1v1 matches with no items, so videos like Halcyon's Ike vs Zelda match on youtube is the best example we have, where all the throw combos worked, up throw up-air and up throw f-air, with the combos happening early into stocks.

We also had a match with items on, so no 1.2x multiplier, where up throw f-air worked on a Ganon at 90% post throw, so that's a nice sign for us.

Stealth309

Smash Apprentice
Anything think that being able to tilt out of a dash will help our approach options? Our f-tilt is still pretty fast and all.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anything think that being able to tilt out of a dash will help our approach options? Our f-tilt is still pretty fast and all.
Oh hell yeah.
Now we've got more options than slow dash attack, slow short-range grab, or the usual jump and try to space nair/fair so you don't get punished.

I expect dash into dtilt into fair would be a great way to hit their exposed feet or at least get some shield pressure going.

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Kind of sad to say goodbye to the helicopter u-air but everything else looks great. Ike was always a fun character to mess around with but now it seams he's going to be a fun character to compete with too.

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
Kind of sad to say goodbye to the helicopter u-air but everything else looks great. Ike was always a fun character to mess around with but now it seams he's going to be a fun character to compete with too.
The helicopter was decent, really good for reading or catching air dodges, but It had very little vertical reach. The new one is faster and has more vertical reach and horizontal. It probably won't be as powerful, but much better for pressure.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Better to change it for a much better move.

Smash 4's up-air had a lot of things that weren't good about the move, the only thing worse about this up-air is active frames.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think going over each move and applying thoughts and theories will be something nice to have. Let's see

Jab

Does the same job as in Smash 4, the IASA frames to continue the jab combo might be slightly faster than Smash 4.

Jab 1/2 don't pop people off the ground, possibly jab locks, even though jab locks are nerfed heavily, so we might be able to do jab 1 -> jab 1 -> d-tilt

D-Tilt

Move does slightly more damage than Smash 4, 10%, but still easily combos people into up-air and f-air.

Will be our best pop-up tool in vortexes if we catch people directional airdodging out of a throw combo or a low to the ground aerial chase.

F-Tilt

Move does much more damage, will be a viable kill move, and might be safer now. Tilts and jabs out of dash cancel is gonna be a very strong option, and this will be a scary high percent option off reads.

Up-Tilt

Hitbox was possibly moved so the hitbox behind Ike was removed, or the hitbox was just straight shrunk in size. FAF reduction is very nice, will make the move easier to use without getting punished. Will be used as a kill move or a custom combo finisher.

F-air

Regardless of how it looks in-game, move starts 1 frame earlier, but the hitbox reaching horizontal/downward might take slightly longer, it feels like some combos are harder because this move has an exaggerated animation in the beginning. If this isn't an issue, then the only issue will be using this move in neutral for spacing, since it doesn't autocancel.

B-Air

The landing lag change is huge. 9 frames is almost an autocancel in itself, just look at the Zero vs Leffen match on Skyworld, that was never an autocancel, that was the landing lag. It's almost un-noticable.

On another note, though, Ike's faster jumpsquat and jump velocity means rising back air is gonna be nigh impossible to hit on most characters, get used to falling back air, which is way better.

Up-Air

Get excited, it's that good personally.

Comes out slightly faster than Smash 4 up-air, will give us very easy throw combos, juggles and upward kills. Take everything Smash 4 up-air had problems with, reduce active frames, put it into one move, welcome to this up-air. We will catch air dodges, punish landing air dodges, combo heavily, juggle and vortex with this one move. It also kills if you catch people trying to get down or push a button in the air.

D-Air

Haven't seen much of this move, personally, it does similar damage to Smash 4 pre 1.2x damage multiplier, and likely still has the same Smash 4 spike hitbox...So yeah. Nothing to see here.

N-Air

It's lagless, it does less damage, it combos like Smash 4. Have fun. Oh, and it might have a bigger hitbox behind Ike, because that's nice.

F-Throw/B-Throw

Might do more KB than Smash 4 for stage control purposes like a lot of these type of throws, but no combos, we aren't Brawl yet guys.

Up-Throw

Juries out on combos, I see them in 1v1 1.2x multiplier matches, but some people say otherwise. I think combos are very consistent once you get past the super early percents, and at 0 you probably should just down throw. We probably won't have kill confirms off up throw, so get used to throwing off stage and pressuring edgeguards.

D-Throw

I wonder if it kills better than Smash 4. Excellent combo starter at low percents, but watch out for varying DI, they can go purely vertical, for up-air, back-air, n-air/f-air combos, or go really far away from you, where you'll need f-air to combo properly. If they can air dodge out, they'll eat lag, and if it's a directional air dodge, they'll eat another grab or a d-tilt for a return to the combo.

Smash attacks

Use them like Smash 4, they do slightly more damage, might have slightly less FAF...Pretty much Smash 4. D-Smash still pretty lacking.

Counter

Possibly 1.25x multiplier, kills on hard hitting moves like lightning kicks across stage at 40.

Aether

Doesn't go through stage anymore, if this stays our Mario MU gets really tricky if FLUDD is still good. Other than that, we might get around counters? Unlikely IMO, but possible.

Quickdraw

The FAF change means nothing, deadzones still exist on the move and it'll activate on air if someone gets even remotely close at a diagonal angle. Nothing much here.

Eruption

Move gains pillars by charging, 2 at partial charge, 3 at max. Will be an insane tool to edgeguard if ledge invincibility is nerfed as a whole, will be safer to use if you can get pillars out so you can stay away from the ledge itself.

Movement changes

Jabs and tilts out of a dash will make our dash in very strong, and will make our dash out almost like a psuedo perfect pivot back into jab/d-tilt, very good change for us that we'll need to learn to utilize heavily.

Remember, everything is subject to changing, we'll see what stays and what goes when the game comes out. 170 days till Smash Ultimate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm very excited about the Ike changes, him being faster in general with the new dash mechanics mean we'll be able to do more Jab stuff I bet. Among various other things.

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
I think going over each move and applying thoughts and theories will be something nice to have. Let's see

Jab

Does the same job as in Smash 4, the IASA frames to continue the jab combo might be slightly faster than Smash 4.

Jab 1/2 don't pop people off the ground, possibly jab locks, even though jab locks are nerfed heavily, so we might be able to do jab 1 -> jab 1 -> d-tilt

D-Tilt

Move does slightly more damage than Smash 4, 10%, but still easily combos people into up-air and f-air.

Will be our best pop-up tool in vortexes if we catch people directional airdodging out of a throw combo or a low to the ground aerial chase.

F-Tilt

Move does much more damage, will be a viable kill move, and might be safer now. Tilts and jabs out of dash cancel is gonna be a very strong option, and this will be a scary high percent option off reads.

Up-Tilt

Hitbox was possibly moved so the hitbox behind Ike was removed, or the hitbox was just straight shrunk in size. FAF reduction is very nice, will make the move easier to use without getting punished. Will be used as a kill move or a custom combo finisher.

F-air

Regardless of how it looks in-game, move starts 1 frame earlier, but the hitbox reaching horizontal/downward might take slightly longer, it feels like some combos are harder because this move has an exaggerated animation in the beginning. If this isn't an issue, then the only issue will be using this move in neutral for spacing, since it doesn't autocancel.

B-Air

The landing lag change is huge. 9 frames is almost an autocancel in itself, just look at the Zero vs Leffen match on Skyworld, that was never an autocancel, that was the landing lag. It's almost un-noticable.

On another note, though, Ike's faster jumpsquat and jump velocity means rising back air is gonna be nigh impossible to hit on most characters, get used to falling back air, which is way better.

Up-Air

Get excited, it's that good personally.

Comes out slightly faster than Smash 4 up-air, will give us very easy throw combos, juggles and upward kills. Take everything Smash 4 up-air had problems with, reduce active frames, put it into one move, welcome to this up-air. We will catch air dodges, punish landing air dodges, combo heavily, juggle and vortex with this one move. It also kills if you catch people trying to get down or push a button in the air.

D-Air

Haven't seen much of this move, personally, it does similar damage to Smash 4 pre 1.2x damage multiplier, and likely still has the same Smash 4 spike hitbox...So yeah. Nothing to see here.

N-Air

It's lagless, it does less damage, it combos like Smash 4. Have fun. Oh, and it might have a bigger hitbox behind Ike, because that's nice.

F-Throw/B-Throw

Might do more KB than Smash 4 for stage control purposes like a lot of these type of throws, but no combos, we aren't Brawl yet guys.

Up-Throw

Juries out on combos, I see them in 1v1 1.2x multiplier matches, but some people say otherwise. I think combos are very consistent once you get past the super early percents, and at 0 you probably should just down throw. We probably won't have kill confirms off up throw, so get used to throwing off stage and pressuring edgeguards.

D-Throw

I wonder if it kills better than Smash 4. Excellent combo starter at low percents, but watch out for varying DI, they can go purely vertical, for up-air, back-air, n-air/f-air combos, or go really far away from you, where you'll need f-air to combo properly. If they can air dodge out, they'll eat lag, and if it's a directional air dodge, they'll eat another grab or a d-tilt for a return to the combo.

Smash attacks

Use them like Smash 4, they do slightly more damage, might have slightly less FAF...Pretty much Smash 4. D-Smash still pretty lacking.

Counter

Possibly 1.25x multiplier, kills on hard hitting moves like lightning kicks across stage at 40.

Aether

Doesn't go through stage anymore, if this stays our Mario MU gets really tricky if FLUDD is still good. Other than that, we might get around counters? Unlikely IMO, but possible.

Quickdraw

The FAF change means nothing, deadzones still exist on the move and it'll activate on air if someone gets even remotely close at a diagonal angle. Nothing much here.

Eruption

Move gains pillars by charging, 2 at partial charge, 3 at max. Will be an insane tool to edgeguard if ledge invincibility is nerfed as a whole, will be safer to use if you can get pillars out so you can stay away from the ledge itself.

Movement changes

Jabs and tilts out of a dash will make our dash in very strong, and will make our dash out almost like a psuedo perfect pivot back into jab/d-tilt, very good change for us that we'll need to learn to utilize heavily.

Remember, everything is subject to changing, we'll see what stays and what goes when the game comes out. 170 days till Smash Ultimate.
Fair
I wish it had a little more range. It feels like this move is lacking in kill power, maybe not.

Dair
If it has a better meteor hit box or lingering frames like in Brawl it would be amazing.

Nair
Looks great! The dmg isn't too bad of a nerf for the speed and range.

Uptilt
The end lag is so low; I will use this much more often , maybe even for combo starting this go around?

His specials still seem rather situational. His Aether has more knockback I've noticed, and his eruption looks a little better. The only one that will be used frequently is quick draw, and it's still not looking too optimal. Ike ,over all, is lacking some of his kill power and range I miss, but the speed on his attacks now should make him more viable.

Last edited:

hermes

Smash Apprentice
I like ike or marth or sheik because of good iconic fairs. Spamming bairs hoping to hit one to kill, approaching with it every time is silly. Thats why I dont like that ike will do bair everytime and fair is worse in neutral.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Definitely a bunch of steps in the right direction. I don't know if I'll ever play him as much as I did in Brawl days when I mostly played with people who had no idea what they were doing, but, will definitely at least try.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Might be a good idea to get 60 FPS videos of each move and grab more info off them, regardless of how relevant the info will be in 6 months.

Be thorough about it.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Might be a good idea to get 60 FPS videos of each move and grab more info off them, regardless of how relevant the info will be in 6 months.

Be thorough about it.
We can probably start with ZeRo's matches with Leffen and Armada

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
We know most aspects of the frame data so far outside of autocancels.

Ftilt's FAF is the same. It's a guess, but perhaps ftilt/fair changes in ultimate fixed the ambiguous frame data that it had before due to frame speed modifications.
Dtilt frame data is the same, though it seems slightly different. I did notice that in Zero vs Armada, dtilt angled itself when Ike was on inclines. It does not do that in 4.
Jab 1->2 starts on frame 9 now.
Jab 1 is still 4 frames startup. Jab 2 is still 3 frames startup.
Not 100% sure on this due to hitlag, but starting from jab2, it also transitions to jab3 on frame 9.
jab3 seems the same in terms of frame data.

I need someone to confirm, but dair visually looks longer. I have no idea though.

Edit: fthrow seems to do more damage.

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
My body is ready.

We almost never get to see Ike get any stage time in major Smash tournaments or exhibitions and then out of nowhere both Sakurai and ZeRo have him as their picks. BLESS

I hope they put out a demo or beta in Sept with the launch of the Nintendo Online service...

Last edited:

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
I remember when jab did 16%...
He is over all much quicker, but I miss his power/dmg

Last edited:

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
He's closer to how he actually is in his games - a fast, hard hitter.

Top Bottom