• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
That would actually be quite fitting since DK squared off against Little Mac officially.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect from E3 at the moment, other than the fiact that Nintendo needs to go big and not just with Smash. They need some hard hitters, and not just from their staple franchises like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. What they need to do is take a good hard look at all their 1st party stuff and revive more of the classics, now that they've brought them to attention with NES Remixes and such. They have no idea what to do with Star Fox and F-Zero? Fair enough they have a next generation there to work with, as bad as Command was, why not have a dual-story there, Star Fox and their next gen team working a threat from two different angles? F-Zero? Make it not just about racing, but take their core racers and make a platformer mission type with stories in and out of the drivers' seat. He's a bounty hunter right? Give him NEW bounties to hunt. Heck, you've hinted at them sharing the same universe as Star Fox, do a crossover both ways with them crossing paths on a bounty hunt that turns out to be a real threat to the universe, or the Star Fox crew having to join a race to get close to a target during a race. Really? No ideas? You have 30+ racers and you can't work with that? *ahem* Metroid: Other M might have flopped, but there's other kinds of threats besides the pirates, other planets to explore. You've explored her past constantly? How about her future? You've shown that parties in the Galactic Federation are corrupt, maybe take a look at what they would have intended to do had their Mother Brain technology gone well, or even the Metroid production Samus keeps shutting down. Heck, even trying to duplicate robotic warriors based on Samus would lead to a potential good game, honestly? Zero Suit Samus has a LOT of potential. The Space Pirates HAVE to know Samus's Power Armor by now. Create whole areas where sensors specifically meant to register nearbly Chozo technology would cause a base-wide shutdown, forcing her to leave the armor and sneak her way through.. Heck, give her tools and such that are ZSS-only and make these areas frequently and never let you get too comfortable with each side. Include bosses without it equipped.

*Sigh* Sorry, I'll get off my pedestal now. Getting back to what would hype for Smash? Sakurai has the right idea, tease at potential newcomers and then give us something else entirely unexpected while showcasing other potential mix-ups like he did with Kirby in Mario Kart. That said, Little Mac for the expect, a big-time villain, and another 3rd party would probably stoke the fires nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect from E3 at the moment, other than the fiact that Nintendo needs to go big and not just with Smash. They need some hard hitters, and not just from their staple franchises like Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. What they need to do is take a good hard look at all their 1st party stuff and revive more of the classics, now that they've brought them to attention with NES Remixes and such. They have no idea what to do with Star Fox and F-Zero? Fair enough they have a next generation there to work with, as bad as Command was, why not have a dual-story there, Star Fox and their next gen team working a threat from two different angles? F-Zero? Make it not just about racing, but take their core racers and make a platformer mission type with stories in and out of the drivers' seat. He's a bounty hunter right? Give him NEW bounties to hunt. Heck, you've hinted at them sharing the same universe as Star Fox, do a crossover both ways with them crossing paths on a bounty hunt that turns out to be a real threat to the universe, or the Star Fox crew having to join a race to get close to a target during a race. Really? No ideas? You have 30+ racers and you can't work with that? *ahem* Metroid: Other M might have flopped, but there's other kinds of threats besides the pirates, other planets to explore. You've explored her past constantly? How about her future? You've shown that parties in the Galactic Federation are corrupt, maybe take a look at what they would have intended to do had their Mother Brain technology gone well, or even the Metroid production Samus keeps shutting down. Heck, even trying to duplicate robotic warriors based on Samus would lead to a potential good game, honestly? Zero Suit Samus has a LOT of potential. The Space Pirates HAVE to know Samus's Power Armor by now. Create whole areas where sensors specifically meant to register nearbly Chozo technology would cause a base-wide shutdown, forcing her to leave the armor and sneak her way through.. Heck, give her tools and such that are ZSS-only and make these areas frequently and never let you get too comfortable with each side. Include bosses without it equipped.

*Sigh* Sorry, I'll get off my pedestal now. Getting back to what would hype for Smash? Sakurai has the right idea, tease at potential newcomers and then give us something else entirely unexpected while showcasing other potential mix-ups like he did with Kirby in Mario Kart. That said, Little Mac for the expect, a big-time villain, and another 3rd party would probably stoke the fires nicely.
The Starfox idea sounds solid, but the F-Zero and Metroid ideas sound like they'd enrage the old fanbases. F-Zero is exclusively an arcade racer while the armor/ZS idea sounds like it'd kill off all chances of sequence breaking and non-liniality.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
..Sequence breaking? I'm sorry, but what? I wasn't aware that was a staple or even part of the deal. You know what? I'm going to hold my tongue and wait for further opinions.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Metroid fans are looking for an open world game, not a liniar adventure. You usually don't hear that in OM complaints because most 'Metroid fans' are Prime fans, and that there's already so much wrong with the game.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
They will probably have a demo. They will give a release date. There will be new characters. Mii and Pac-Man wont be shown.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Because Pac-Man and Mii hype worthy enough right? :rolleyes:
Sakurai can reveal whatever he wants at E3..
Supposing the leaky 3 rumor is true, I think they are decent choices to reveal and are just as decent as revealing Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Supposing the leaky 3 rumor is true, I think they are decent choices to reveal and are just as decent as revealing Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.
I suppose that's hype enough. Sorry, I'm just not crazy about Pac-Man or Mii.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I wouldn't call the Miis "decent".:p

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Random character reveals no one expected. Then Sakurai has a developer direct and states he added in x,y, and z because no one expected them…oh wait that sounds familiar.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Release date/window, 2 newcomers, and some misc.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
But Miis are crap not because they don't represent Nintendo (they do), but because of the horrible dissonance you'd get from generic movesets compared to their varied looks--and if you have a customizable moveset, you basically break the game.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
But Miis are crap not because they don't represent Nintendo (they do), but because of the horrible dissonance you'd get from generic movesets compared to their varied looks--and if you have a customizable moveset, you basically break the game.
It would be kind of dissatisfying for me to see my Mii have to have the same exact moveset as everybody else's in the world, and I'm certainly not behind customizable movesets so... Yeah. I guess depending on what that moveset ended up being though, I wouldn't mind.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Not if Sakurai and Namco Bandai are in charge, they could easily balance if they take their time.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I just hope E3 for Nintendo is better this year....last year was dry..imo

I know its gonna sound ungreatful but the trailer was dry.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope they've got more than Smash, Mario and Zelda WiiU. With all the third parties deserting it seems the perfect opportunity to fill the gaps by bringing back Star Fox or Metroid to fill the shooter gap or by announcing a WiiU Pokemon game that makes better use of the little figurines.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I hope they start showing at least the first few signs of their greater usage of IP's that they mentioned in the investors meeting. Zelda U and good enough Smash news, along with X info would make that E3 for me instantly, but seeing them show a Platinum Star Fox or some one working on Metroid... that'd make it the best E3 in recent memory for me.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I am content with what Sakurai's been revealing at his own pace. I just wish the smash website got as much attention as televised events.
Damn shame nobody except hardcore fans who check the smash website daily even know about the trailers for miss fit and rosalina, not to mention all of the stage reveals and character updates.
E3 is the only time when the masses will see any gaming news, so I expect something big from smash bros.
There are so many other games to get hyped about also. Zelda Wii U, Miyamotos new original game, Monolith's X...
Personally I'd want a Star Fox game with online multiplayer on the Wii U. Or a Chibi Robo or Pokemon adventure on the Wii U.

Last edited:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
More than likely lot of game play, another sizzle reel, release date, maybe more info on different play modes, I would hope a demo, probably another big character reveal.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I had a dream reggie was revealed so i hope that happens, even though it probably won't.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My Predictions:
-Snake is shown
-Pac-Man is revealed
-Miis are revealed
-Either Little Mac, Ridley, or K. Rool is revealed
-Any of the original 12 Smash 64 playable characters not revealed by then are revealed
-Falco and/or Wolf is shown
-Sheik is shown
-Mewtwo returns!
-We see more of the Adventure Mode(s)
-We see a few matches and/or minutes of gameplay.
-There isn't a demo, and if there is, it's closed to a few people.
It's 2014, not 2024. :troll:
But Fal, he's talking about Smash 10 and 11 on the Nintendo Sony Microsoft Apple Namco Bandai Wii20U Xbox 134,489 PlayStation 7 Gamecast Atari Jaguar 2 pod Arcade stick machine.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
https://www.e3expo.com

Look in info dates and times

Tuesday, June 10, 2014. ---------------------------------->12:00PM - 6:00PM
Wednesday, June 11, 2014. -------------------------------->10:00AM - 6:00PM
Thursday, June 12, 2014. ------> 10:00AM - 5:00PM

So what games and which character(s) for smash brothers gets revealed

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm guessing only 1 newcomer. I'm not expecting us to get multiple newcomers at once again, it's sort of a official announcement-only thing.

It's probably going to be one of the big guys, I personally think it's between Ridley, K. Rool and Pac-Man. Could also be Mii, but E3 is a convention which does attract some of the more hardcore fans, while Miis are mainly wanted by the casual groups, plus I think it'd be easier to explain how they work in a regular Direct.

Hopefully we'll see a release date announcement from this too.

As for other games, Metroid or bust.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I see us getting Pac-Man, and the remaining newcomers in the Smash Elite 4 (Palutena, Ridley, and K. Rool).

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm thinking we could get 2 newcomers, either both being a big-hitter or just one and the other a very unexpected newcomer (around the realms of Wii Fit Trainer).

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
inb4Reggie revealed

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't see a point in having two threads about E3 2014 now, so I merged the threads.

Please keep all E3 '14 related discussion in this thread.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I calculated 114 days to go until E3. Can someone double check my math?

kylexv

Smash Master
I predict Pac-man, Mii, and Mewtwo.
There will be a demo with at least 12 characters (The ones revealed at E3 2013)
A November release date.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I predict Pac-man, Mii, and Mewtwo.
There will be a demo with at least 12 characters (The ones revealed at E3 2013)
A November release date.
Replace mii with Ridley the. It will be a more realistic guess I mean its just a opinion I think E3 will have 1 between 4 newcomers that will bring hype

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
It's probably going to be one of the big guys, I personally think it's between Ridley, K. Rool and Pac-Man. Could also be Mii, but E3 is a convention which does attract some of the more hardcore fans, while Miis are mainly wanted by the casual groups..
Well, to be fair, the fact of belonging to a casual franchise didn't stop Wii Fit Trainer from being one of the aspects that Sakurai highlighted last E3.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, to be fair, the fact of belonging to a casual franchise didn't stop Wii Fit Trainer from being one of the aspects that Sakurai highlighted last E3.
That's true, but as I only expect one character to be revealed this E3, I'm guessing they're going to make it be someone who really counts. It was a bit easier to reveal Wii Fit Trainer at E3 2013 since they had already revealed the most wanted newcomer universally, that being Mega Man.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The inevitable E3 reveal will be a third party character if they have one lined up. Otherwise it'll be a fan favourite like Ridley. Maybe to tie into a new Metroid game.

Damn it Guybrush, keep your hype in check!

Top Bottom