• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dynasty Battles 4: Embodiment - Ft Brawl +Project M

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13

*Payouts are subject to change.*

Schedule:

12 pm - 9 pm
12:00 pm: Registration Begins
1:15 pm: Registration Closes

Times after will be Updated
*scheduled times are approximate*

Food:
A&C sells water, Coke, Iced tea, Gatorade, and Canada Dry for $1/$2
There is a Pizza Pizza nearby, north of the venue at the main intersection of Spadina & Bloor. There's a Lick's not even a minute's walk north of the venue, and if you walk south to Harbord st. there's a couple of independent pizza places (Cora and Papa Ceo) and a B.B. Ques. The intersection with Pizza Pizza also has a tim horton's and a second cup.

Directions:

The venue is just 1 stop south of Spadina subway station. Refer to the map below to find the quickest route for you. Keep in mind this is at A&C World and NOT A&C Games. They are 2 doors apart.

Project M Rules

Project M 3.02 Rulest

* 4 stock, 8 minutes.

* Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.

* Items set to "off" and "none."

* Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.

* Dave's Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.

* Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can't be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.

* For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.

* Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

* Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

* If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

* If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, Kirby/DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

* Buffer set to off.

* Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

* Custom music is allowed as long as it's not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.

* If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQed without refund and banned from future events.

* In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO's discretion.

* No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs' Rising Pound and Mario's Up-B Walljump)

* No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn't hold up the next match.

* Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.

* Giga Bowser is banned.

Stagelist:
For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Starters:
Battlefield

Final Destination

Smashville

Pokemon Stadium 2

Dreamland (64)

Fountain of Dreams

Yoshi's Story (Melee) (singles only)

SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
Battlefield

Final Destination

Smashville

Pokemon Stadium 2

Dreamland (64)

Fountain of Dreams

Yoshi's Story (Melee) (singles only)

SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Pokemon Stadium 1

Lylat Cruise

Wario Ware

Green Hill Zone

Skyloft

Skyworld

Brawl Rules

Apex Ruleset 2013

Apex Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Counter Picks:
Pokemon Stadium 1
Halbard
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as "BOTH" YOU, and YOUR OPPONENT AGREE, and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be NO COMPLAINTS MOTHER F*****S!
General Rules:
No illegal substances, no alcohol, no green, (NO DANK KUSH). (YEA TAKE THAT $*** OUTSIDE)
Don't smell, please shower (Yea Wash your Ballz and Other Privates, PLZ)
Tournament matches have priority over friendlies. MMs have priority over friendlies
Keep trash talking casual, no need for us to witness someone getting a punch in the face

(Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl:

[T.T.D] Blacktwins13 +1

Total (Hacked Recording) Wii + Brawl count = 1 (1)
TV's:

A&C World (Enough)
Total TV count = Enough
Extension Cords/Power Bars:

A&C World (Enough)

Attendance List:
0. Suzaku
1. [T.T.D] EMG l Blacktwins13
2. EMG l Leon
3. EMG l Weon~X
4. Meekspeedy
5. Hammertime
6. V115
7. Fisch
8. Yoh
9. Poke
10. Astro
11. Frank
12. Riddlebox
13. Coffeeblack
14. Jen
15. MorKs
16. Holy
17. Ally
18. Swordgard
19. Pappy
20. Gina Mudkipz
21. Iliad
22. Inle
23. Ryoko
24. Shiny Mewtwo
25. Patches
26. Ray_Kalm
27. Phake
28. Daveman Cosman
29. DemonHunterXE
30. O-Dog
31. Del
32. Leafshadow

(Maybe)

Trilo
KillerAP

32(34)

+ people confirming on Facebook!

Last edited:

Astronut

Smash Apprentice
I'm coming. I'll try to bring my Dreamcast for Project M doubles.

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
This Announcemet is for Brawl + Project M Setups! Anyone who is able to bring Wii setups it would be greatly appreciated, + those who can bring a TV(CRT) will get half of their venue off. Completed Schedules + Payouts will be updated much Later.
More Announcements soon.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
lol ill team with you in PM Patches, not sure if you want to aim higher in terms of skilled partners though.
Also I'm coming to this tournament and probably entering PM singles this time.

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
challenging the world to PM money matches. lets go

edit: son of the year, moms bday is this weekend.

tentative attendance lol, but still down for this if i come

Last edited:

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
I feel like this tournament is going to be hype; top 5 PM, not drowning in Brawl pools kthnx

Last edited:

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
challenging the world to PM money matches. lets go

edit: son of the year, moms bday is this weekend.

tentative attendance lol, but still down for this if i come
If you do make it out, $2 bo5 Ike v Falcon?

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
Unfortunately this isn't going to be MLG qualifier anymore because of some mishaps but we will still be having doubles for PM. MLG Will have one in Canada.. Just not this month. Sorry if this brought hopes up. Didn't think this would happen :mad:

Last edited:

Phake

Smash Rookie
NNID
Phakest
3DS FC
1032-1814-8496
I'll be going to this for some PM action

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Hey! This will be my first Project M tournament, if I do manage to get a ride there. I'm wondering about the schedule for this tourney, specifically Project M, if it will take place on Saturday or if it will be like McSmashter 3 where PM took place on Sunday.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Hey! This will be my first Project M tournament, if I do manage to get a ride there. I'm wondering about the schedule for this tourney, specifically Project M, if it will take place on Saturday or if it will be like McSmashter 3 where PM took place on Sunday.
This is a one day tournament, everything is happening on Saturday.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
The schedule usually revolves around a half hour registry and a waiting period of the bracket to be created; PM singles and Brawl doubles start as soon as brackets are made, with Brawl singles starting later in the evening. If you're objective is just for PM, make sure you're at the venue on time, and you play your bracket matches as soon as you can. Depending on how fast people play their sets/amount of entrants, PM won't take the entire day. For any in depth questions ask the thread (which you've done) or the tournament organizer, Blacktwins.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
If Ally sees this, I wouldn't mind a $1 Ike ditto MM, I've improved since DB2 and I wouldn't mind some advice afterwards.

If my friend can't make it for pm dubs, I might need a partner for project melee.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Thanks guise, I'll be there if I find that I can afford it.

If I am there, I'll be looking for a teammate as well, I play both of my Melee and Brawl mains in Project M (Snake and Peach). Looking forward to this tourney!

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Blacktwins, if you don't mind could you change it to just EMG | Blitz for confirmed attendees? That'd be awesome :)

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
thx to Gar, We now have the venue for an extra hour and is now available and opens at 11am. so you guys will have to leave and hour earlier then usual.
As a side note this weekend, there is no service from Bloor/Yonge to St Andrew station so you will prob have to take a different route TTC Bus or shuttle bus. info is here https://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Route_diversions/YUS_Closure_Bloor-Yonge_to_St_Andrew.jsp

also gros where are you coming from exactly?
His location says Joliette, QC so I assume he's coming from Joliette, QC

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub
I have housing if I need and everything, but 12 hour drive in a weekend is alot...

I need to decide Soon, because if I wanna come, I have to go right after work.

Top Bottom