• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dungeon Crawler From the Future: Grovyle (PMD2) for Smash Bros.

Want? Not?

• Total voters

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"I have no quarrel with you...but I will be taking that time gear."

Welcome to the new and improved support thread for Grovyle!

Original (closed) thread and title by Starcutter/legendofrob1

Appearances:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness (JP: 2007 NA: 2008)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (2009)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (cameo) (2015)

----

Who is he?

-Story spoilers!-

This particular Grovyle is a supporting protagonist of the games Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky.

At first he appears to be an antagonist, as he is gradually stealing objects known as time gears from various areas and making time freeze as a result.
A Pokemon named Dusknoir shows up eventually and offers to help capture Grovyle. Dusknoir later reveals that he knows Grovyle and that they are both from the future.
Grovyle is captured and sent back to the future, but Dusknoir also captures the player and its partner and takes them as well.
In the future, the player, partner and Grovyle avoid being executed by Dusknoir and his minions, and Grovyle explains what he knows. A place called Temporal Tower - governed by Dialga - was collapsing, which would make the entire world freeze in time as a result; a catastrophic event called "the planet's paralysis". The future world is in ruin because of this. Grovyle was stealing the time gears in the present time so he could place them in Temporal Tower, repairing the tower, and changing history as a result.
As the player, the partner, and Grovyle continue through the ruined future, Dusknoir reveals that the player was Grovyle's partner, who traveled with him to the present time to prevent to planet's paralysis.
The trio makes it back to the present time and eventually heads to Temporal Tower to place the time gears, but Dusknoir ambushes them on the way. Grovyle sacrifices himself and pushes Dusknoir back to the future with him, tasking the player and partner to finish the job.

In Explorers of Sky, an additional special episode is added which chronicles what happened to Grovyle after he went back to the future with Dusknoir.

Grovyle has captured the hearts of many people who played Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.

---

Reasons for and against making it in as a fighter:

+
He's a fan favorite character in the series.
+ We'd get a grass-type starter (other than Ivysaur) as a fighter, which would fill that imaginary type trio that people keep wanting.
- He only played a major role in one PMD game, (and making a cameo in Super Mystery Dungeon) and even then, he wasn't the main character.
If a PMD character got in, the Smash team might find a PMD-themed Pikachu rescue team member or a Kecleon merchant as better representations of the series as a whole.
- PMD representation in general seems unlikely, due to Chunsoft, a third-party company, owning the Mystery Dungeon franchise.

Chances:

Honestly, for me I'd say it's very low, for the reasons stated above. Probably a 1-5% chance.

---

Splash Screens/Newcomer Tags:

- "Grovyle arrives just in time!" *by Foremem from DeviantArt.

Movesets:

By me: (RebelliousTreecko)

Originally posted on GameFAQS. List based off this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/71798255
Not complete and I don't know if I will ever complete it, but here's what I have so far.

Oran/Sitrus berries and Petrify Orb ideas by Swamp-Marsh-Mud and added in without his permission. xP
Appearance/design
http://pre10.deviantart.net/f263/th..._ssb4__poses_by_rebellioustreecko-d8tvv40.png

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2..._expressions_by_rebellioustreecko-d7joqll.png

Debut: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Darkness/Sky

Emblem: The design of the explorer badges from PMD2 onwards. (a time gear would look cooler but wouldn't represent PMD as a whole)

Home Stage: Planet's Paralysis

Height: Taller than Pikachu but shorter than the human characters.

Weight: Medium-light?

Running speed: Slightly faster than Captain Falcon.

Jumping height: High.

Can wall jump and cling, as well as crawl.

Hunger mechanic:
Will probably make him either weak or broken, but I wanted to add a mechanic from the PMD games and make him unique.

After 1:30 minutes, Grovyle's stomach growls and he begins gaining 1% every second and a half. However, the Overgrow ability also activates, giving Grovyle a faint green aura and increasing the strength of his attacks; his grass-based attacks even moreso.
The hunger and Overgrow effects go away and reset when Grovyle eats a recovery/food item. Oran/Sitrus berries have a greater change of appearing during this time if Grovyle uses his neutral B.

Entrance: Somersaults out of a dimensional hole and then strikes a pose with his blades.

Idle Stance & Animations:
- ???
  • Does a short hop in place, out of a need to run and jump all over.
  • ???

Walk Animation:
Run Animation:
Jump/Double Jump Animation:

Edge Hang Animation: Hangs with only one arm. Just because.

Guard Animation: Crosses his arms in front to shield him. Like this: http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/438/AG181.jpg

Sleep animation: Sits down with his arms folded while slightly rocking back and forth. Like this:
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/specials/023/S33.jpg

A: Slices forward.
AA: Does some more slices.
AAA: Lunges forward just like the standard A attack in the PMD games. (complete with sound effect)

I want at least one attack to be like Absorb, or have a health-draining effect like it.

Dash A:
A>: Roundhouse kick?
A^:
Av:

Edge A:
100% Edge A:

Air A: Spins around with the blades, slicing and also scattering leaves.
Air A>: Puts both arms behind his head, then swings them forward with the blades, kinda like bringing down an axe or Link's jump slash.

Air A<:
Air A^: Slams opponents with his head leaf.
Air Av:

Forward smash: Energy Ball:
Charges the smash and shoots it like Shadow Ball/Aura Sphere. One of the few smash attacks that is a projectile.

Up smash: X-Scissor:
Does a fast backflip and slashes with his blades crossed. Spikes opponents near the end of the move.

Down smash: Luminous Orb:
Holds the orb up high and them slams it onto the ground, causing a bright flash. May confuse opponents.

Grab: Holds up the opponent with one hand and puts a leaf blade to its throat with the other hand.
Grab A: Slits the opponent's throat with his blade.

Forward throw:
Back throw: Flings the opponent behind him and shoots Bullet Seeds, like Falco's back throw.
Up throw: Does a suplex-like move like Kirby's up throw, similar to what he did to Dusknoir in the anime special. Can kamikaze with it.

Down throw:

B: Throwing Item: Grovyle does a quick animation where he reaches into his satchel and throws an item while spinning in place, like in the games.

The projectiles are random and vary in rarity.
List of projectiles, from most common to rarest:

Geo Pebble (thrown at an arc)
Slip Seed (causes damage and tripping)
Sleep Seed
Gravelrock (thrown at an arc)
Warp Seed
Oran Berry (heals 10%) Swamp-Marsh-Mud's idea.
Blast Seed
Plain Seed (only does 1% and no knockback)
Iron Thorn (flies straight forward)
Time Gear (hovers in place after being thrown and slows time and opponents within a certain radius around it)
Mr Saturn
Pitfall Seed
Sitrus Berry (heals 50%) Swamp-Marsh-Mud's idea
Petrify Orb (stuns nearby opponents) Swamp-Marsh-Mud's idea
Smart Bomb
Golden Spike (flies straight forward, through walls, opponents, everything)

B>: Leaf Blade: Like Dancing Blade/Double-Edge Dance. I want it to be similar, yet different to it, but can't think of any ideas.

B^: Pursuit: This move is special in that it has different uses if used in the air or the ground.
On the ground, it creates a blue shield in front of Grovyle and acts as a very fast (fastest activation) but weak counter. Functions like it does in the PMD games.

In the air, Grovyle becomes a dark silloutete and shoots forward/upward at a very fast speed. Does more damage if it hits the back of the opponent. Based off how the move is in the main games.

Bv: Dig: Grovyle does a rapid hop and claws underground, damaging those those are next to him.
While temporarily underground, he's immune to many attacks and can go through certain walls that are only above ground.
If he gets hit with a powerful attack, he may end up buried and stuck.

If he uses Dig on a jump-through platform, he'll fall through it and damage those below him. When using it in the air, he'll spin downward, like a drill.

----

Final Smash 1: Alliance
Grovyle does a team attack with shiny Celebi and Dusknoir on opponents. Comes from the Alliance mechanic in Super Mystery Dungeon.

Final Smash 2: Awakening
Grovyle uses an Awakening Emera and temporarily transforms into a Mega Sceptile. Near the end of the transformation, Grovyle becomes harder to control.
I have mixed feelings about this idea, as I feel like it shoehorns Sceptile in, rather than making it it's own fighter. The awakening mechanic comes from Super Mystery Dungeon.

Final Smash 3: Temporal Reversal
Dialga turns back time on the battlefield for a while (maybe 10-20 seconds?), reversing everything about the match: damage/stocks, effects, music, hazards, even the actual match time.
During this, everything gets greyscale and a glowing design mix of a time gear and clock is in the background. (inspired by the Young Xehanort fight in KH3D xP )

Two ways it could work; not sure which would be better:

-Grovyle gets affected by the time rewind and is put back in an earlier position along with everyone else. This could save him from tight spots like when falling/flying towards the blast zone; a second chance, if you will.
-Grovyle doesn't get affected and can move freely while everything else gets rewound around him. Using the Final Smash like this wouldn't save him from blast zones and such, but it would give him more freedom to move around the stage and position himself.

Might be too broken or OP.

----

Kirby Hat: Kirby with Grovyle's ponytail and satchel. (without the strap)

Taunts:
Left taunt: Does a stance and shouts "I won't lose!"
Right taunt: Takes out a time gear and holds it over his outstretched hand. The gear spins and sparkles.
Up taunt:
Down taunt:

Winposes:
2.Grovyle poses, says something, then gets glomped by Celebi out of nowhere.
Losepose:

By PokéfreakofBACON
Let's go.

Also I made a moveset for this guy a while back, I forgot this thread existed and thus didn't post it here until now. Here it is!

Grovyle Moveset

Concept:
Grovyle's moveset will be mainly based around things any Grovyle could do, primarily attacking with leaf blade and generic plant moves, but some moves will be based on his appearance in PMD. Grovyle in PMD was known for having access to some things most Grovyles wouldn't use, especially Dig.

Stats:
Very fast ground speed, relatively fast air speed, one double jump, below average weight. Most of his kit will be combo-oriented and fast, but with a few moves that are slow and pack a punch for flashy combo finishers or hard reads.

Normals:
Most of Grovyle's normals will use Leaf Blade. If no move is mentioned, assume he's using Leaf Blade. For certain moves, he still uses the blades on his arms to do the attack, but with a different visual effect. Leaf Blade makes them turn bright green, any other attack they don't change color.

Jab- Fury Cutter. Classic 1-2-3 jab combo, with each hit stronger than the last.
F-Tilt- He steps forward and slashes, good poking tool.
D-Tilt- Low Kick. Self-explanatory.
U-Tilt- Quick upwards swipe, covers a large area.

N-Air- A horizontal spin that slashes at both sides, short multi-hit.
F-Air- Crunch. He leans forward and bites. Small hitbox, fairly strong.
B-Air- A slower Leaf Blade with a lot more wind-up, backhanded behind him. Strong kill power.
U-Air- Two upward swipes, very similar motion to U-tilt, but he does it once with each hand.

F-Smash- Leaf Blade, slow-ish start-up, slow-ish end-lag, very strong move. Motion is similar to T.Link's F-Smash. In combination with Side B can be very confusing.
U-Smash- X-Scissor, one slash upward with both hands at the same time, has a strong sweetspot in the center, weaker everywhere else. Has a slight delay between the slash and the X appearing, the X has a hitbox and not the slash.
D-Smash- A low to the ground slash that hits both sides, one at a time. Quick start-up, doesn't combo into second hit.

Grab and Throws:
Grovyle's grab is fairly standard, holding the opponent with both hands.
Pummel- Absorb. Weaker and slower than most pummels, but Grovyle heals a small amount with each hit. Biting animation.
D-Throw- Grovyle tosses his opponent to the ground and bullet seeds them to launch them away. Can randomly do between 3-5 hits for small damage variance, knockback is always low for combo follow-ups.
B-Throw- Grovyle vanishes and reappears in front of the opponent as if he just used Leaf Blade, and they get launched backwards half a second later. Very strong kill power near the ledge.
U-Throw- Grovyle quickly does an uppercutting Leaf Blade, sends opponent straight upward. Decent kill power for an up-throw.
F-Throw- Grovyle transitions to a different holding stance similar to how he grabbed Dusknoir, and transitions to a "cargo throw" state like DK's, but he can't jump, only move slowly along the ground. While cargo-holding, Grovyle has access to a new F-Throw and B-Throw. (No up or down cargo throw)
Cargo F-Throw- Grovyle pushes his opponent forward with his full body weight, launching them directly forward with no angle. Not very strong kill-power, but can be dangerous against bad recoveries.
Cargo B-Throw- Grovyle lifts the opponent overhead and slams them into the ground behind him, launching them backward. Weaker than normal B-throw, but can kill earlier in some scenarios due to the extra distance walking backward.

Specials:
Down B- Dig
Grovyle digs into the ground and pops up later. While underground he's intangible, and you can move left or right before he pops up. The amount of time spent underground has a set limit, but he can pop up early by pressing an attack button. If this move hits, it's extremely strong. Grovyle is left wide open if this move misses.

When used midair, Grovyle will immediately start moving downwards to reach the ground, with a spike hitbox covering his whole body. Using this offstage will kill you. Makes it easy to land, but easily punished if the opponent sees it coming.

Up B- Luminous Orb
Referencing one of the coolest moments in PMD:EoS, Grovyle pulls out a Luminous Orb and tosses it to the ground, creating a bright flash of light that he can use to escape. He then "teleports" in whatever direction you hold while using the move, defaulting to straight up. Functions similarly to Sheik's up B, but the flash is weaker and comes out faster. Useful as a "get off me" tool/quick out-of-shield.

Side B- False Swipe
Grovyle pretends to use Forward Smash, with the exact same animation- except the attack only deals 1%, has very low set knockback, and has no endlag. You can bait your opponent into thinking you're using a laggy option, then surprise them by having no lag. Obviously is a great combo-starter if it hits, too.

If used in the air, Grovyle will instead use Quick Attack, a move very similar to Fox/Falco's side B, but with much less recovery distance and less endlag, decent combo starter. Does not put him into free-fall.

Neutral B- Leaf Storm
Using all of his energy, Grovyle shoots a barrage of leaves in front of him, dealing tons of damage and having very high kill-power. Every time he uses this move it gets weaker (about half as much damage/knockback), only resetting when he loses a stock. If Kirby gets this copy ability, he can reset it by losing the ability and getting it again, instead of losing a stock.

Final Smash- In the Future of Darkness
A Dimensional Hole appears in front of Grovyle, sucking in everyone touching it. Grovyle then follows his victims inside, where he, Celebi, and Dusknoir all attack them- before Primal Dialga steps in and uses Roar of Time to send Grovyle and his victims back to the present, launching Grovyle's opponents to the blastzone.

Up Taunt- Grovyle acts shocked, taking a step back as the PMD shocked sound effect and visual effect plays.
Side Taunt- Grovyle puts a twig in his mouth and leans back with his arms folded for a moment, then spits it out to continue fighting.
Down Taunt- Celebi (the pink one from the future) appears and twirls around Grovyle while giggling, causing Grovyle to blush.

Source Gaming article by JunichiMasuba1 and Hamada_520

Palette Swaps:

By me:
1. (default) green skin, pinkish belly, dark green leaves.

2. Greenish-blue skin, red belly, blueish leaves. The colors for Grovyle's sprite in R/S/E and D/P/P.
3. Teal skin, beige belly, red leaves. Shiny coloration.
4. Red skin, dark-gray belly, silver leaves. Inspired by Krookodile's coloration.
5. ???
6. ???
7. ???
8. Dark gray skin, slightly lighter belly, blackish leaves. The belly stripe is yellow and the eyes are changed from two yellow ones to Dusknoir's eye.

---

Boxing Ring Titles:

Snake's Codecs:

Palutena's Guidance:

---

Home Stages:

Associated Music Tracks:

---

Support Stamps:

(from old thread)
(by me)
(also by me)
(by Geno Boost)

---

Time thief
Time savior
Timeless friend

"Though the parting hurts...the rest is in your hands."

---

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Explorers of Time and Darkness was released 10 years ago on the 13th! =)

What are his chances over Sceptile? I don't see it being very likely.
The only thing I think he has over Sceptile is being an actual character rather than a generic Pokemon. Don't see the chances being high, in my opinion.

-----

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Explorers of Time and Darkness was released 10 years ago on the 13th! =)

The only thing I think he has over Sceptile is being an actual character rather than a generic Pokemon. Don't see the chances being high, in my opinion.

-----
Yeah it's more so when people look at iconic Pokémon like stage 2s it looks worse. Especially of starters, where except in very rare instances they aren't remembered as well. Ivysaur, Grovyle and braixen are a few exceptions but in general unless they are in Smash or Pokken they aren't big names.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So with the Switch port officially announced, let's see this get some activity!
Even if you don't think there's a chance for PMD Grovyle, feel free to still post your thoughts and hopes. =)

----

CharM3D

Smash Rookie
yes. this is like the #1 thing i want for smash 5. maybe tied with melee mechanics. all i want is to be able to wavedash as grovyle. is that so much to ask? dont answer that

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I'd like it, but still, Sceptile's odds are ten times better, and even he may be out of the question at this point.

His odds are only better due to having final smash potential though (having mega evolution, Frenzy Plant).

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
This would be great if it happened, and even though I think it is unlikely, you never know with sakurai.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I actually recently finished Explorers of Sky. Gotta ask after doing the Igglybuff special episode, what did happen to Armaldo? If there isn’t anything, then what if Pmd 2 got a sequel, or a remake? But yeah, after actually playing through the game, I actually think that only Grovyle, Wigglytuff, and Dusknoir are viable choices (though having Shaymin or Sableye would be fun). In all honesty, GtI and SMD are not as good as the original (SMD isn’t bad by any means however) and I really hope they bring a game that functions like the first 2, as those are great and I want to see more like that.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Absolutely support, love PMD Explorers, and Pokémon spin-offs deserve some love.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I don't think Grovyle has a chance of DLC personally, unless he got in as an echo fighter. I'm kind of suspecting they plan to release echo fighters for free dlc like they do with weapons in splatoon. (with no real evidence, just a hunch.) The only way Grovyle could be an echo fighter is if it were of Greninja though I think? That might be a bit of a stretch though. If we get a pokemon as one of the five DLC fighters, it'll probably either be another gen 7 rep or a gen 8 rep.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I’m assuming there will be a second dlc season, and I think that’s where classics like Grovyle will come in. It’d be stupid not to capitalize on potential dlc for more than five fighters, especially when this is THE definitive smash switch.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
The Explorers games were the best Pokémon games and if anyone is going to rep them, Grovyle is. With the support Sceptile had been getting from people asking for another grass type, Grovyle isn't even that farfetched. Still highly unlikely, but not completely impossible.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Guess it’s not too farfetched for farfetch’d to be in smash. (I’m not sorry for that one)

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Byleth confirms first parties are still possible
There aren't any PMD spirits
PMD is relevant again
View attachment 258739
Let's go.

Also I made a moveset for this guy a while back, I forgot this thread existed and thus didn't post it here until now. Here it is!

Grovyle Moveset

Concept:
Grovyle's moveset will be mainly based around things any Grovyle could do, primarily attacking with leaf blade and generic plant moves, but some moves will be based on his appearance in PMD. Grovyle in PMD was known for having access to some things most Grovyles wouldn't use, especially Dig.

Stats:
Very fast ground speed, relatively fast air speed, one double jump, below average weight. Most of his kit will be combo-oriented and fast, but with a few moves that are slow and pack a punch for flashy combo finishers or hard reads.

Normals:
Most of Grovyle's normals will use Leaf Blade. If no move is mentioned, assume he's using Leaf Blade. For certain moves, he still uses the blades on his arms to do the attack, but with a different visual effect. Leaf Blade makes them turn bright green, any other attack they don't change color.

Jab- Fury Cutter. Classic 1-2-3 jab combo, with each hit stronger than the last.

B-Air- A slower Leaf Blade with a lot more wind-up, backhanded behind him. Strong kill power.
U-Air- Two upward swipes, very similar motion to U-tilt, but he does it once with each hand.

F-Smash- Leaf Blade, slow-ish start-up, slow-ish end-lag, very strong move. Motion is similar to T.Link's F-Smash. In combination with Side B can be very confusing.
U-Smash- X-Scissor, one slash upward with both hands at the same time, has a strong sweetspot in the center, weaker everywhere else. Has a slight delay between the slash and the X appearing, the X has a hitbox and not the slash.
D-Smash- A low to the ground slash that hits both sides, one at a time. Quick start-up, doesn't combo into second hit.

Grab and Throws:
Pummel- Absorb. Weaker and slower than most pummels, but Grovyle heals a small amount with each hit. Biting animation.
D-Throw- Grovyle tosses his opponent to the ground and bullet seeds them to launch them away. Can randomly do between 3-5 hits for small damage variance, knockback is always low for combo follow-ups.
B-Throw- Grovyle vanishes and reappears in front of the opponent as if he just used Leaf Blade, and they get launched backwards half a second later. Very strong kill power near the ledge.
U-Throw- Grovyle quickly does an uppercutting Leaf Blade, sends opponent straight upward. Decent kill power for an up-throw.
F-Throw- Grovyle transitions to a different holding stance similar to how he grabbed Dusknoir, and transitions to a "cargo throw" state like DK's, but he can't jump, only move slowly along the ground. While cargo-holding, Grovyle has access to a new F-Throw and B-Throw. (No up or down cargo throw)
Cargo F-Throw- Grovyle pushes his opponent forward with his full body weight, launching them directly forward with no angle. Not very strong kill-power, but can be dangerous against bad recoveries.
Cargo B-Throw- Grovyle lifts the opponent overhead and slams them into the ground behind him, launching them backward. Weaker than normal B-throw, but can kill earlier in some scenarios due to the extra distance walking backward.

Specials:
Down B- Dig
Grovyle digs into the ground and pops up later. While underground he's intangible, and you can move left or right before he pops up. The amount of time spent underground has a set limit, but he can pop up early by pressing an attack button. If this move hits, it's extremely strong. Grovyle is left wide open if this move misses.

When used midair, Grovyle will immediately start moving downwards to reach the ground, with a spike hitbox covering his whole body. Using this offstage will kill you. Makes it easy to land, but easily punished if the opponent sees it coming.

Up B- Luminous Orb
Referencing one of the coolest moments in PMD:EoS, Grovyle pulls out a Luminous Orb and tosses it to the ground, creating a bright flash of light that he can use to escape. He then "teleports" in whatever direction you hold while using the move, defaulting to straight up. Functions similarly to Sheik's up B, but the flash is weaker and comes out faster. Useful as a "get off me" tool/quick out-of-shield.

Side B- False Swipe
Grovyle pretends to use Forward Smash, with the exact same animation- except the attack only deals 1%, has very low set knockback, and has no endlag. You can bait your opponent into thinking you're using a laggy option, then surprise them by having no lag. Obviously is a great combo-starter if it hits, too.

If used in the air, Grovyle will instead use Quick Attack, a move very similar to Fox/Falco's side B, but with much less recovery distance and less endlag, decent combo starter. Does not put him into free-fall.

Neutral B- Leaf Storm
Using all of his energy, Grovyle shoots a barrage of leaves in front of him, dealing tons of damage and having very high kill-power. Every time he uses this move it gets weaker (about half as much damage/knockback), only resetting when he loses a stock. If Kirby gets this copy ability, he can reset it by losing the ability and getting it again, instead of losing a stock.

A Dimensional Hole appears in front of Grovyle, sucking in everyone touching it. Grovyle then follows his victims inside, where he, Celebi, and Dusknoir all attack them- before Primal Dialga steps in and uses Roar of Time to send Grovyle and his victims back to the present, launching Grovyle's opponents to the blastzone.

Up Taunt- Grovyle acts shocked, taking a step back as the PMD shocked sound effect and visual effect plays.
Side Taunt- Grovyle puts a twig in his mouth and leans back with his arms folded for a moment, then spits it out to continue fighting.
Down Taunt- Celebi (the pink one from the future) appears and twirls around Grovyle while giggling, causing Grovyle to blush.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
If Grovyle's chances are very low, what would be the chances of a Mystery Dungeon Spirit Board event?

Would there need to be an Explorers remake next year to have the spirit event a few weeks later after launch?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Let's go.

Grovyle Moveset

Concept:

Stats:

Normals:

Grab and Throws:

Specials:
Down B- Dig

Up B- Luminous Orb

Side B- False Swipe

Neutral B- Leaf Storm

Thanks, added. =]
Still keeping an eye on this thread, but I need a better image hosting site to use, as Tiny Pic seems to be broken. Any ideas, guys?

Quite pleased that PMD has gotten a remake this year, and that means Explorers will likely have some relevance in the coming ones.

---

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I got too curious to know how a spirit board for Mystery Dungeon woud look like. Now I know (though I realized too late that we already have spirits out of 4 of these + I didn't know how to write text myself). Tried to balance out representation per game, with the obvious favoritism.

Can't think of spirit battles, but I feel the spirit types fit (though Celebi's is a repeat). The levels are kind of accurate.

Mystery Dungeon Spirit Board Pg 1.png Mystery Dungeon Spirit Board Pg 2.png

Edit: A shame they don't really acknowledge PMD at all, given it's the most popular pokemon spin-off series. With stuff like the Detective Pikachu spirit you'd think they'd have more representation for pokemon spin-offs. I realize at this point it's probably not gonna happen unless they do something with Explorers soon.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i wanted to share these cool PMD2 custom stage i found online
There's a slight typo in the code! the correct one is PWL1N7BF

there is also Temporal tower

if the codes are all not working then i guess we have to recreate this

Last edited:
Top Bottom