• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dumb things you did/thought as a kid

Dem Bones

Smash Rookie
NNID
FlyingTiger89
There was also the time I went to a national park/swamp in SC with my parents. I can imitate a baby alligator yelp preeeetty well imo, and so as a kid I'd sit by the water's edge and try to call one of the adult gators over.

Turns out it worked better than it thought I would.

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I used to think that directions like north and south were relative, as in whatever direction I was facing was north. I think I was in fourth grade when I realized I was wrong.

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
When I was a kid I played Sonic 1 & 2 on sega genesis and actually thought they were good games.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
Not really dumb but pretty funny...

When I was a young kid, I used to think that only women could be doctors...not men.
This was because when I went to the pediatrician, the entire staff there was just women.

Last edited:

PrincessDoorknobs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silent.Rhy
I thought Cars worked like they did in racing games or GTA. I would think one pedal accelerate and the other would be the break/reverse. I thought this until I started learning how to drive so like 14.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I shop lifted a lot when I was teenager, got caught too.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
I thought that all food grew in nature. I wanted to be a pizza farmer so badly.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I shop lifted a lot when I was teenager, got caught too.
My older brother got caught on walmart stealing burning cd's. I was like 10 so my mom took me to mcdonalds. My dad was taking to the officer lucky my brother was 17 still a under age at the time.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
I used to think that France and Paris were two different countries.

Ehhh, what else did I do?

There was this one time when these "Warriors" books were popular in my school. These books were about wild house cats and how they fought over territory, food and etc. things. Everyone in my class read these books and we all thought they were awesome with the insane violence in them. Eventually, we all had the smart idea of reenacting the violence in the books at recess. When we did reenact that violence, we did it in a huge twenty-minute brawl. Many kids ended up with ripped clothes, scratches, bruises and bite marks all over the body. After that brawl, my class had lost recess privileges for three months.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I used to think that France and Paris were two different countries.

Ehhh, what else did I do?

There was this one time when these "Warriors" books were popular in my school. These books were about wild house cats and how they fought over territory, food and etc. things. Everyone in my class read these books and we all thought they were awesome with the insane violence in them. Eventually, we all had the smart idea of reenacting the violence in the books at recess. When we did reenact that violence, we did it in a huge twenty-minute brawl. Many kids ended up with ripped clothes, scratches, bruises and bite marks all over the body. After that brawl, my class had lost recess privileges for three months.
That second one reminds me of my elementary school days. Since Pokémon was pretty much a huge thing at my time, my friends and I would occasionally pretend to be Pokémon and use their moves against others, usually by gestures. Fighting-type moves were the ones to be dreaded; you could actually pull the move off. I do recall getting hit in the face, or more specifically, the nose, by one. I'm not sure which move it was though.

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
I thought there were only 151 Pokémon that you could catch, and the rest were exclusive to the anime despite it being like 2005 at the time.

Top Bottom