• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duck Hunt Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Beautiful recreation of the field, Too bad his stage is a garbage retro stage.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
My favorite part would probably be the 8-bit sprites turning into 3D HD models... reminds me of the first Brawl trailer where Melee characters became Brawl characters... except it was more dramatic in DHD's trailer.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Did anyone else find the them swimming together way too cute @_@
I saw them. Very adorable!! I really wish Nintendo would make a new Duck Hunt game with the duo... kinda like Banjo-Kazooie... and then we can see them swimming. :4duckhunt:

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
BUT WHO IS SHOOTING THE NES ZAPPER???

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I like the "accessory not compatible with the game" disclaimer they put when the zapper was shown. I really liked this trailer, humorous and awesome. If only we were shown this before ESRB and Ninka.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
If we get to hear the 8 bit laugh then the stage is genius and it would explain why he didn't have it as a taunt

Yaargh!

Smash Rookie
Why's the duck so mean to the Red Pikmin, though? :(

Though now that I think of it, that kind of makes the Banjo-Kazooie comparison more apt.

2Mixer

Smash Apprentice
I loved the trailer.
seriously i was so happy yesterday.
my neighbours were able to hear me too.
they were happy too.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Loved it. The dog looks so much better on Wii U, especially the teeth, they're no longer a crummy texture, very nice.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Weirdly enough, my favorite part of the trailer was when it showed two DHs getting screen KOd, followed by two DHs up tilting Pac-Man and Kirby. For the whole trailer, they tried to make DH's actions match the rhythem of the music, and that moment is when it worked perfectly.

I also liked the surprised look on the dog and duck when the tagline appeared.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like the "accessory not compatible with the" disclaimer they put when the zapper was shown. I really liked this trailer, humorous and awesome. If only we were shown this before ESRB and Ninka.
I wish Sakurai would show the Duck Hunt stage before all these leaks happened. It would be even more hilarious if people said the leaks are fake because DHD is already a stage hazard... :troll:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I wish Sakurai would show the Duck Hunt stage before all these leaks happened. It would be even more hilarious if people said the leaks are fake because DHD is already a stage hazard... :troll:
So a stage element can also be a playable character... *devious smirk*

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So a stage element can also be a playable character... *devious smirk*
Not really a new thing. Donkey Kong was a stage hazard in Brawl... his excuse? It's only an 8-bit sprite. Toon Link was a background character in the train stage... his excuse? It's not interactive. DHD is a platform in the Duck Hunt stage... his excuse? It's just an 8-bit sprite.

Spirst

Begs the question if Mewtwo will get a trailer as well @_@
Close to release date, I'm sure we'll see one. He's a popular character that'll hype countless people and a trailer would emphasize that.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Begs the question if Mewtwo will get a trailer as well @_@
Dr. Mario didn't get a trailer, so I doubt Mewtwo will get one. He's a returning character after all. Though I suppose as a DLC character he could get special treatment.

Spirst

Dr. Mario didn't get a trailer, so I doubt Mewtwo will get one. He's a returning character after all. Though I suppose as a DLC character he could get special treatment.
I believe he will get special treatment. Mewtwo was announced as a new fighter even if he is a Melee veteran. Plus, way more people are fans of Mewtwo than Dr. Mario. That coupled with the marketing needed for the DLC, and I'm 99% sure he'll get a trailer.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Not really a new thing. Donkey Kong was a stage hazard in Brawl... his excuse? It's only an 8-bit sprite. Toon Link was a background character in the train stage... his excuse? It's not interactive. DHD is a platform in the Duck Hunt stage... his excuse? It's just an 8-bit sprite.
that's not Donkey Kong. That's Cranky Kong. The Donkey Kong we play as is Donkey Kong Jr. grown up. Apes age faster than Italian *******.

Spirst

that's not Donkey Kong. That's Cranky Kong. The Donkey Kong we play as is Donkey Kong Jr. grown up. Apes age faster than Italian *******.
That's not really confirmed though. It's either that or DK Jr is the father of the DK we all play as now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So what? I saw 8-bit Cranky Kong turning into HD Donkey Kong. I also saw 8-bit Link from the Decline timeline turning into HD Link from the Twilight Princess timeline.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
So what? I saw 8-bit Cranky Kong turning into HD Donkey Kong. I also saw 8-bit Link from the Decline timeline turning into HD Link from the Twilight Princess timeline.
Ok there, you got me. But it doesn't matter in the eyes of a 10 year old. Not me, the viewers it's directed towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom