• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dthrow vs Fthrow to Nana Fair

CheeseNip

Smash Rookie
I just started learning the IC about a week ago so I am pretty newbish with them. I have read a bunch of guides and watched several videos that always recommend Dthrow to Nana Fair to end a CG in a spike or for whatever reason. However, I have learned that Fthrow to Nana Fair works just as well in most cases. Is there any specific reason why Dthrow is recommended over Fthrow?

B0NK

Smash Lord
I use down throw most of the time unless I'm trying to spike the opponent off the edge or down throw doesn't work with a certain character right, in that case I will use the forward throw.

Ark22

Smash Apprentice
The timing for Dthrow > Fair is easier to do than Fthrow > Fair, so you mess up less often. However, it doesn't work as well on heavier characters and doesn't work after certain percentages.

Fthrow > Fair works on all characters up to 999% and has the same timing for every character. The only problem with it is that it is a bit trickier than Dthrow > Fair.

Top Bottom