• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

@DSW and anyone else that can dance

DJRome

Smash Hero
im expressin muhself with muh full capabilities and now im living in correctional facilities

nevershootme

Smash Master
vts, look around your area for dance studios for hip-hop dance classes. i highly doubt there's any reputable ones.

look for choreo vids from like any famous music video and the choreographers that worked on it. even the underground ones too. heck even ABDC stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwIFPsRFGL0 (quest crew new routine for t-mobile)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csbca4YdXhQ (GA Tech, Georgia State University, Emory students, 45 person group)

also, you do need to find the styles you like (poppin, locking, b-boy,

null55

Smash Master
i say don't go to classes. don't try to fit in.

unless you are trying to fit in.

but i think the best dancing simply comes from one's individual human reaction to the music. trying to do specific "moves" i feel like is betraying your personality. you're a human being, so you have a natural ability to move with the rhythm. do what you "see" within the music. **** errbody else.

aww hell yah son.

nevershootme

Smash Master
oh i didn't take classes lol... i jsut randomly joined a dance team at my school and I picked **** up uber fast. classes were just optional times whenever i go... workshops are good stuff too.... it's a new trend for young asians lately

Nite

Smash Champion
Lol VTS, I love you man.

One day I'll school Eugene in a battle and the whole world will see it.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i dance.
i watched soreal cru alot hahahaha.

no. forreal though. just find a dance you like and that looks simple and watch and rewatch and rewatch and pick apart the video. figure out what moves are called. look up how to do them. once you start dancing a little you start to feel it and more things come naturally.

i havent danced ever since college started though.

nevershootme

Smash Master
i dance.
i watched soreal cru alot hahahaha.

no. forreal though. just find a dance you like and that looks simple and watch and rewatch and rewatch and pick apart the video. figure out what moves are called. look up how to do them. once you start dancing a little you start to feel it and more things come naturally.

i havent danced ever since college started though.
lol soreal had a workshop in orlando that i missed cuz i was in socal -_-; i started back in september this year and it's pretty fun to learn from choreographers, but creating your own stuff can be hard as balls

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
thats why you just learn first then once you know enough to get ideas you start creating stuff.
its like learning anything. you learn from otehr people and what they tell you to do first, then later on you can start getting creative.

Top Bottom