• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dsmash Chain at it's finest

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't double D-smash be relatively viable on a character that you cant D-smash chain? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you because the video you linked to isn't loading for me.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Double Dsmash Racks up the damage MUCH faster.

Also, you can bring up the amount of hits and limit their time from escaping, with double dsmash you hold them longer.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
-You can move the opponent back and forth if you double dsmash. I also think single dsmash works on more characters.
-I have yet to see the double dsmash cleanly used. I'm going to try it to CunningKitsune whenever we play again.
-There has to be a reason why Ikki doesn't double dsmash granted the fact he's played for an enormous amount of time and is simply an experienced smash player in general.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
My philosophy on 2Dsmash is that it's best at high percentages, particularly above 80-90%, when you can then link it into a kill move. Not only does it help with stale moves, but you can combo out of it with good timing.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I wouldn't bank on a 2Dsmash for a KO since there's less stun involved to setup the next move.
Relates to how I said before you couldn't move a character back and forth with the 2Dsmash since there isn't enough time to roll and do another before they can escape.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I wouldn't bank on a 2Dsmash for a KO since there's less stun involved to setup the next move.
Relates to how I said before you couldn't move a character back and forth with the 2Dsmash since there isn't enough time to roll and do another before they can escape.
Granted that ikki managed to get him up to 100% I could have kept this guys fox on longer, he went from 0-95% but then the stage changed before I could get anymore, but It did alot faster than the other video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_88uiY36qQ

At the end, again this fox player wasnt all that amazing, couldn't even KO me =/

So I took advantage and double dsmashed him, I could have gone higher but the stage prevented me from doing so by changing on me.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Get them above 90%, and against some characters, you have more than enough time to set up for a bair out of two Dsmashes. The higher the damage, the more time you have. This is essentially a kill combo. You just have to know when you can dsmash. If your worried, though, you don't need to 2Dsmash. It's more a matter of preference, I think.

orintemple

Smash Lord
The double d-smash looks more impressive but I feel like it is harder to get a long chain on someone who knows how to get out of it. Although I just pulled this on people who had never seen it for the first time today and it is hilarious the reactions you get.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Uh, yeahhhh I've double d smashed chained fox's to oblivion tourneys and I think that it is a better way to go. Whatever singles have worked on, doubles has worked at least as well.
I use singles for non "chain smashing" combos at lower percents and for d smash to forward b when I'm going for a kill but dont think a double will work.

Vro

Smash Lord
Dsmash, dsmash, fsmash with the c-stick has never not come out cleanly for me.

Top Bottom