• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dsmash can spike :D

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
I was playing the other day against my friend on the halberd, i was pikachu and he was zelda, i threw zelda off stage on the left side, we were on the stage part with the claw and cannon, the thing is that zelda used her double jump, i standed in the corner and performed a charged(not fully) Dsmash, zelda was hit with the last part of the attack, then she went flying to the left and a LOT to down, she tried to recover, but her teletransportation finished fairly far from the edge, taht leads me to think that pikachus Dsmash can spike, and a pretty strong one, because zelda was just at the 60's, and her recovery covers a good distance

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If you can hit with the final part of the attack, it can stage spike on FD. Not sure about the other levels though.

Roller

Smash Legend
If you can hit with the final part of the attack, it can stage spike on FD. Not sure about the other levels though.
Ya, I think this is what he may have discovered. The key is hitting with the last big shock from the attack. As long as they are approacing from below and you are standing right on the edge you have an OK chance of spiking.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
It's definitely a stage spike. I've managed to hit someone with the ending shock (which hits just a bit below pikachu) while on a platform. If it's a spike, it's weaker than Melee Zelda's Dair (weakest spike in the game, IIRC) or inexistent.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
So what you are saying is that when the recovering oponnent gets hit by pikachu while he is Dsmashing on the ledge, he gets sucked, but he gets hit by the stage because its between he and pikachu???..... cool, that explains why zelda flew so far and so..... down.... LOL.
But i think it was just the last part of the attack which spiked zelda, i will try to do it again, but there is very little chance to get a video, but it would be great if some of you guys can test it out

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
So what you are saying is that when the recovering oponnent gets hit by pikachu while he is Dsmashing on the ledge, he gets sucked, but he gets hit by the stage because its between he and pikachu???..... cool, that explains why zelda flew so far and so..... down.... LOL.
But i think it was just the last part of the attack which spiked zelda, i will try to do it again, but there is very little chance to get a video, but it would be great if some of you guys can test it out
No need to test it. It's...pretty well known. Alot of attacks can stage spike and this DSmash spike is really really situational. No one is gonna be on the ledge that long.

Top Bottom