• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dry Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglytuff ★

Smash Cadet
Given Dry Bowser's fairly recent increased prominence in the Mario series, what do y'all think the likelihood is that Dry Bowser would appear in SSB4 as an alternate costume (like Wario's two suits), either unlockable, as DLC, or otherwise?

Would anyone be interested in seeing this?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Dry Bowser's design is so sick. I'd love to see it as an alternate costume on Bowser, at the very least. It probably won't happen, though.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd already posted before about it, but...

[collapse=Spoiler if you haven't played Bowser's Inside Story]..given that Bowser's redesign makes him appear more like the BiS version, I'd prefer a Dark Bowser alt.[/collapse]

Not saying I wouldn't like both, but I think at most we'll only one "edgy/dark" themed skin, and Dry Bowser has never really stood out to me.

Morbi

Scavenger
I would love a Dry Bowser alternate costume. I do not really think it is necessary though. It seems like it would fit. I am personally hoping everyone gets an alt like Wario this time around.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I realistically think the most we will get is Dry Bowser's colours and Dry Bowser's trophy.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd like to see Dry Bowser as a palette swap, DLC or a default costume. I'd also like to see Dry Bowser as a character on his own, which I think would work out fine so long as he would be Luigi-fied to avoid making him a clone.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm actually thinking of a way Dry Bowser could work for SSB4. I might post a support thread for him, since this one is about him as palette or something similar.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Dry Bowser could totally work as an alternate for Bowser, that just changes his properties. Dry Bowser I imagine would be a bit lighter so farther knockback, and his Side B, Up B and Down B would release bones opponents could throw at each other. Would it be possible for the bones to be like food for Bowser, but throwing objects for everybody else?

As for normal costumes, he'd probably keep his black color swap (Melee's Adventure Mode), his Red color swap (I dunno, Spiny as in the Koopas a Lakitu throws?) and his blue color swap (Japanese Super Mario Bros cover or Blue Spiny Shell from Mario Kart). I think they'll replace the brown color swap (Boom Boom) with [collapse= Spoilers for Mario and Luigi series] the blue Dark Bowser from Bowser's Inside Story as his main blue color instead of the other [/collapse] and then have his white color swap be replaced with the Dry Bowser alt. since I don't think there should be any real color swaps for Dry Bowser.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
Why would they put effort into changing the attributes of a palette swap? That's all Dry Bowser could be. It really would not be worth the development time to change and balance the attributes of something so minor. I can't fathom why they would waste time on that.

Edit: Same with Dark Bowser from Bowser's Inside Story. Should be a palette swap and nothing more, like Dark Link.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
How about a stage enemy?

Like Kraid in Brinstar Depths, there can be a Bowser's Castle stage and there can be that huge Dry Bowser in the backround like the boss fight in New Super Mario Bros 2, and yes it would be a vertical scroller where the lava rises and Dry Bowser is trying to slash the platforms and is blowing fire.

I think he should be a costume/color scheme, and I want to see Dry Giga Bowser, so yeah whatever color scheme is being used that should apply to Giga Bowser too, I always wanted to see Black Giga Bowser as well.

Dark Bowser should be a color scheme too.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Wario got two outfits because of the franchises he is in (Mario, Wario Land, and WarioWare) It would be like mario getting his Dr. Outfit for a costume because its a different series/franchise but they play similarly (Though Sakurai stated if Dr.Mario did get in it would be too weird for him to throw fireballs.)

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Why not just make him something you earn through battle just like the Mega Forms, maybe change the stats? Dry Bowser seems to be an important part of Bowser that I think will definitely be represented this time around.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I like the thought of him as an alternate costume... one that perhaps you unlock by defeating Dry Bowser after beating normal Bowser on norfair or brinstar.:awesome:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
It may happen, and I don't think it would change Bowser's range because they are nearly identical sizes.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Well since I am for Alternate costumes. and Namco Bandai on the team to fix costumes I think Dry Bowser would make a lot of sense.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dry Bowser would be a good choice for an alternate costume. And Dark Bowser would work a little bit better as a new Blue Team color. Well, to me anyway.

Shök

Smash Champion
Both Dark Bowser and Dry Bowser would be awesome alternate costumes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If Dry Bowser was an alternate costume for Bower, I don't think I'd be playing any other characterrr

TeamFlareZakk

I think there is a possibility we could see Dry Bowser costume, if they did that, then I'd be really happy because I still never unlocked him in Mario Kart Wii yet.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I hope to dog we get a Dry Bowser alternate. The only other Bowser that would make for a fantastic costume would be THAT Bowser from the end of 3D World. That one blew me away!

Reznor

work in progress
I hope to dog we get a Dry Bowser alternate. The only other Bowser that would make for a fantastic costume would be THAT Bowser from the end of 3D World. That one blew me away!
what about Dark Bowser

Dark_bowser_by_gyukou52-d41zuvo.jpg

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Uzl7yfR.jpg
Dark Bowser is cool and all but this Bowser rivals even that of Dry Bowser.

How do I make spoilers?

Last edited:

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Dark bowser would be great
what about a more menacing dry bowser
How do you make spoilers?

TeamFlareZakk

Dark bowser would be great
what about a more menacing dry bowser
How do you make spoilers?
I think Giga Bowser should look like the Bowser you're using rather than the same color no matter what.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'm all for Dry Bowser as an alt, and I would really like every character to get an alternate costume, even if it's not that character.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
My logical brain has trouble getting past that a Dry Bowser would logically be significantly lighter than the normal one since all the meat is gone. Though Smash Bros isn't logical so... stupid brain.

I know this game doesn't have an "alternate" form for characters but it would have been cool if Bowser had Dry Bowser (not a separate slot) as an alternate. Less weight, more power? Dunno.

Shök

Smash Champion
What about "Rookie?"
That would be pretty cool as well. Ha ha. Always thought Rookie was funny.

I know this game doesn't have an "alternate" form for characters but it would have been cool if Bowser had Dry Bowser (not a separate slot) as an alternate. Less weight, more power? Dunno.
When I saw Little Mac's wireframe costume, it gave me hope for Dry Bowser. It really would be an awesome alternate costume.

R0Y

Smash Master
Ugh OP, how could you post that....please not DLC! Alt costume if at all.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
After Wii Fit Trainer and now Little Mac getting an alternate I think it's safe to assume many more characters will get an alternate costume. Dry Bowser is definitely most likely for Bowser. Then again, knowing Sakurai he just might make a small Giga Bowser. In before "he wouldn't look right."

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
I'd be up for either Dry Bowser or Dark Bowser as alternate suits, both look really cool to me like regular Bowser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom