• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DRDN's World 3: Road to Freaknick - January 11th, 2014

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Host: DRDN

Conduct:
1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks.
3. Players who use the Wii Remote must take the batteries out of the Wii Remote when not playing. If the Wii Remote is still synced up to a Wii with the batteries in, you could unintentionally disrupt a match. If problems persist, a DQ may happen.
4. You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the TO's discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
10. Regarding textures and other game hacks:
* Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
* I recommend players do not use intrusive texture and stage hacks.
* Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as no-tripping or model hacks. If someone is caught setting up a system they brought with such hacks enabled can face punishment at the TO's discretion.
11. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player's ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organizer sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.

•These rules are subject to change leading up to the event date. The Tournament Organizer reserves the right to remove you from the venue at his discretion for any reason.

•The Tournament Organizer and his assistants, and any persons helping run the event may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event. Nor will the Tournament Organizer, the venue, its owners, affiliates, employees, members, sponsors, or volunteers be held liable or responsible for any injury or harm that may befall a person during the course of this event. By entering the venue during the posted date you are displaying your agreement with this policy.

Collusion Notice:

Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.

Schedule & Payouts

10:00am ~~~Doors Open~~~(Please arrive asap if you bring a setup)
{Bringing a setup gives you a venue fee refund if we use it for the length of the event}

11:00am@@@Doubles & Singles Registration Begins@@@
(Each Event is $10.00 a person, $20.00 a team)

12:30pm Brawl Doubles Bracket
  • ~~~!Under 16 Entrants!~~~
1st 70%
2nd 20%
3rd 10%
  • ~~~!Above 16 Entrants!~~~
1st 45%
2nd 20%
3rd 15%
4th 10%
5th 5%
5th 5%

5:00pm Brawl Singles
7:30pm Mid Tier Doubles Registration Opens
7:45pm MTD Registration Closes
8:00pm Mid Tier Doubles Bracket

IF time permits Low Tier All Brawl
Opinion on payout and price dependant

:metaknight:~~Brawl singles~~ :metaknight:
General Gameplay:
1. 3 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. All Items set to "On" and "None"
4. All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
5. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
6. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
7. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
8. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match

~{Set Procedure}~
1. Player Priority is determined by game and watch Hammers
2. Each player selects one character. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
3. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-1 (Team 1 strikes 1 stage, followed by Team 2 striking the last stage).
4. The first match is played.
5. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
6. The Team that won the previous match may announce one "Stage Ban" if they have not already done so in this set.
7. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be played on more then once per set.
8. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
9. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10.The next match is played.
11.Repeat steps 5-10 for all proceeding matches.

:battlefieldb:Neutrals:fdb:
Battlefield,Final Destination, Yoshis Island

:castlesiege:Counter Picks :smashville:
Castle Siege,Smashville,Pokemon Stadium

:luigi2: :mario2: ~~Brawl Doubles~~ :pikachu2: :pt:
General Gameplay:
1. 3 Stocks
2. 2/3 games
3. 8 Minute Time Limit
4. All Items set to "On" and "None"
5. All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
6. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
7. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
8. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
9. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match
Doubles Specific:
1. Team Attack set to "On"
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
4. If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

~{Set Procedure}~
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.(1221 format)
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-1 (Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Team 2 striking the last stage).
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce 3 "Stage Bans" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be played on more then once per set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

:battlefieldb: Neutrals :fdb:
Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island

:norfair: Counter Picks:delfino:
Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, New Pork City,
Pictochat, Temple, Jungle Japes,
Rainbow Cruise, Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium,
Luigi's Mansion, Delphino Plaza, Battleship Halberd,
Pokemon Stadium 2, Castle Siege, Smashville

~~Mid Tier Doubles~~
General Gameplay:
1. 3 Stocks
2. 2/3 games
3. 5 Minute Time Limit
4. All Items set to "On" and "None"
6. The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
7. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
8. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
9. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match
10.Team Attack set to "On"
11.Life stealing is allowed.
12.In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
13.If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Characters your able to use: :lucario: :dedede: :toonlink: :wolf: :fox: :gw: :pit: :rob: :peach: :kirby2: :dk2: :sonic: :ike: :sheilda: :ness2: :yoshi2: :luigi2: :pt: :lucas:
:mario2: :samus2: :bowser2: :falcon: :link2: :jigglypuff: :zelda: :ganondorf:
C+: Lucario, King Dedede, Toon Link
C: Wolf, Fox, Mr. Game & Watch, Pit
C-: R.O.B., Peach
D: Kirby, Donkey Kong, Sonic, Ike, Sheilda, Sheik, Ness, Yoshi
E: Luigi, Pokémon Trainer, Lucas
(While it is encouraged you use Mid Tier characters you may also use low tiers)

~{Set Procedure}~
2. Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.(1221 format)
3. Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Neutral Stage, selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or the weaker port choosing(weakest port is 1st)
5. The first match is played.
6. The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7. The Team that won the previous match may announce Five "Stage Bans" if they have not already done so in this set.
8. The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a "Stage Ban" by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be played on more then once per set.
9. The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10. The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11. The next match is played.
12. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

:peach: Neutrals :luigi2:
Battlefield, Final Destination
:jigglypuff: Counter Picks :lucario:
Mushroomy Kingdom, Mario Circuit, Rainbow Cruise,
Delphino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Yoshi's Island,
Yoshi's Island, Rumble Falls, Jungle Japes,
Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Spear Pillar,
Pokemon Statium, Pokemon Stadium 2,
Bridge of Eldin, Temple, The Pirate Ship,
Port Town Aero Drive, Big Blue, Battleship Halberd,
Green Greens, Corneria, Castle Siege,
Shadow Moses Island, Green Hill Zone, PictoChat, Smashville

~~Low tier All Brawl~~
Single Elimination
4 person Free for All
General Gameplay:
1. 2 Stocks
2. 5 Minute Time Limit
3. All Stages On Random(No Custom Stages)
4. All Items set to "On" and "Normal"
8. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by the results screen (Sudden Death will be played out if needed)
9. 2 people advance after winning 2 games
10. Final Game is 1st to 3
Characters your able to use: :mario2: :samus2: :bowser2: :falcon: :link2: :jigglypuff: :zelda: :ganondorf:
F: Mario, Samus, Bowser, Captain Falcon, Link, Jigglypuff, Zelda, Ganondorf

Things you should know:
This is a Bring your Own Controller event
Items are all turned ON but set their occurrence to None for all of the tournament except for All Brawl
All Infinites are Legal until stalling point
The Stage Lists for each event
No Stage may be played on more then once per set
All Glitches that can occur with your character
MetaKnight's IDC glitch is legal for movement purposes

Pages you should View:
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/the-stage-glitch-and-info-amazarium.214619/
(Facebook Page)
( Ranbat Facebook Page )
(Smashboards Link)
(Stream link1) (Ranbat Stream)

More Info to Come

Last edited:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Added the Official Date will add location when I figure out how on this new site

me9595

Smash Apprentice
You should change the rules that say items are set to on and none, because then diddy's peanuts drop food that heals and ddd can pull a smash ball. Unless you meant it that way and i should keep my mouth shut

after reading the stage list im assuming you meant it (TEMPLE!!!!!!)

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Items being on and none is to un nerf d3, it's sad there are people who main the char and do t even know he throws items naturally

What's The Point

Smash Master
I don't think you listed thus thread correctly. The usual map isn't there and I couldn't find this thread in the listings under Midwest.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I didnt put a location(because I wasnt sure if i could get pierpont or if I was going somewhere else) and when I finally secured Schoolcraft I couldnt find a way to put the map back and give it the midwest tag

so anyone who knows how to do that it would be much appreciated

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Mid Tiers has the best

but the only regularish stage list is singles

W.C.N

Smash Lord
8 more days

Everyone re read the rules to know what your playing

And enjoy the fun

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
A wild lain has appeard, will this encounter actually happen or will he flee from the battle.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Just a reminder to bring setups, I'll be bringing at least 3 tvs, so I'll need wii's and full setups get a venue fee refund (as long as you stay for a bulk of the tournament)

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I can actually go to this if I choose. I have reclaimed my Saturdays. The question is...do I want to? And is there any sexy teammates out there. I still got it by the way. Just ask Ori and Oblivion.

:yeahboi:

:gw:

EDIT: Mid Tier doubles has two characters I know how to legit play? Oh boy.

Last edited:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
The price for mid tiers has been asked about, would people like to leave it at $10 a person or change it to $10 a team?

I don't want the winners to get less for winning but...

W.C.N

Smash Lord
The price for mid tiers has been asked about, would people like to leave it at $10 a person or change it to $10 a team?

I don't want the winners to get less for winning but...

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Just a reminder to everyone
Pages you should View:
http://www.smashboards.com/threads/the-stage-glitch-and-info-amazarium.214619/
(Facebook Page)
( Ranbat Facebook Page )
(Smashboards Link)
(Stream link1) (Ranbat Stream)

We will have the ranbats on the other side of the venue so if you like playing Marvel or SF or whatever check out their FB
Right now there price for mid tiers is at a draw which means its still 10 per person ill make final decision on thursday

With The wider stage list everyone should check the first link to know what glitches can happen, you can be dq'd or lose a stock for them so you should know them, no excuses

There is also A venue refund for Setups and to be quick we need as many as possible so please bring them if you can.

HYPE

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Brawl Doubles and Singles I am okay with being $10. If anything that is normally considered a side event (Mid Tiers, Low Tiers, etc.) is the same price as a real event then I am not entering despite it being free money. This is going to be expensive for all of us who are going to Apex the following weekend if everything is $10 and it will make people not want to enter. Everyone is already okay with the idea of a 5/5/5/5 so why change it.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I 100% agree with everything in Ori's post. It'd be different if it was a couple weeks before APEX; but the fact is Apex is the following week and there's people (who aren't Zinoto or LOE1) that need to have some money while going there.

I'm not trying to say you cannot do what you want for your tourney. I'm just trying to help you get as many people entering your event as possible and with the way you have it right now; people will be having problems being able to afford it.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
DRNS World has always had $10 prices
So far its just you two who have a problem with it
Ori you have no mid tier
You also have no low tier
You wont enter because Chris and zyth will body you with whoever they team with

The price increase helps those going to apex in the next week who do well... more to enter more to win and fund your way to APEX

Top Bottom