• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2(Wii)

Sandy

Smash Champion

Use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to recreate character super-moves

Over 100 DBZ warriors, including many that have never been seen before in a video game
In-game transformations players can trigger in real-time

Team up with up to two other Z-Warriors to complete exciting missions ripped right from the TV show

Post customizable character codes to the Internet

Nine different game modes, including single and multiplayer battles
Mini-games and tag-team fighting

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, known as Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! NEO (ドラゴンボールZ Sparking! NEO, Doragon Bōru Zetto Supākingu! Neo?) in Japan, is a fighting game released on the PlayStation 2 and on the Wii. It is the sequel to Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi.

The Wii version was confirmed as being a launch title in the US for November 19, 2006 in an IGN interview with Atari though some stores in the US started selling the Wii version on November 15, 2006. A recent issue of V-Jump listed January 2007 as the release date for the Japanese version of the Wii release. The game was released in Europe on March 30, 2007, but has been delayed in Australia until April 6, 2007. Because of this, the game will have six additional characters and an additional stage

There are 129 playable characters in most versions of the game and 135 in the Japanese and PAL Wii versions. All characters featured in the previous game are available in this game as well. Battles can now involve up to ten characters fighting one at a time on the battle field, with one teammate coming in after the other has been knocked out or when the player wishes to switch to another fighter. This is referring to Free Battle options.

Most versions of the game have 16 large arenas (11 of which are taken from the previous Budokai Tenkaichi game), the Japanese Wii version has 17 with the inclusion of a new space level, and 9 game modes. The game also features in game transformations, in addition to being able to choose to play in a transformed state from the start. In order to transform, you must press R3 (1 on Wii) and Left/Up/Right to select the form you want. One may also press Down + R3 (Down + 1) to revert back to their original state (Only transformations that have shown that they can be undone in the anime can do this). Fusions can be performed in-battle as well, and it is performed the same way as tag teams and transformations except that you have to press L2 (Z). Fusion can only be done in Tag battles and Free battles, and the player must have the suitable character as a Tag partner. For example, base Goku and Vegeta (second form) to form Vegetto. If that fused character has a second or third form, you can press R3 + L2 + Up (Z + 1 + Up) or Right to transform into that different form. A customizer has been made to change the characters. The Dueling Mode features a 'Battle Settings' option, where you can adjust the dueling time, COM difficulty level, and set the In-Game Transformations on or off during gameplay.

The Wii version of the game features a unique control scheme using the system's remote controller. Using the motion sensing controller, players are able to control their fighters by carrying a remote/nunchuck combo and mimicking moves from the series. Players are able to choose whether they wish to use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, the Wii Classic Controller, or a GameCube controller.

Dragon Adventure is the main mode of the game which covers Dragon Ball Z to Dragon Ball GT, also including many of the movies. The outcome of the battles in the mode changes the course of the story. In this mode, new powers, characters, and "what-if" type scenes, similar to the ones in Dragon Ball Z: Budokai are unlocked. The player uses a character around Earth and Namek looking for Dragon Balls, skill capsules and opponents.

Another mode, Ultimate Battle Z, uses a system where the player selects a type of battle and progresses up a pillar similar to the Mortal Kombat system. Each pillar has a specific theme and condition. By beating a pillar, the player earns a score, items, and more pillars.

Does anyone else notice that
Bojack's final form looks like Blanka from Street Fighter?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
To your hidden question, yes, I've noticed.

I would like to comment on this game and say that it is indeed very fun and provides a unique experience on the Wii, but at the same time, the difficulty of the computers is insanely low and many characters play too similarly (yet made improvements in it's diversity than previous Budokai games).

Also, the special moves that you perform aren't as realistic as you would imagine. Just about everything can be done with the wiimote alone (like the kamehameha wave) except for rush attacks like Kao Kan which involve you waving the nunchuck twice before jabbing the wiimote forward. This may seem to some as a set back, but it actually makes the moves quicker to perform.

About characters, there are ALOT of characters. Every character you can just about think of from the DB universe that ever fought is on there including Janemba, Lord Slug, and even Turles.

The Burrito of Time

Smash Journeyman
I'm just missing some characters, but I'm too lzy to try and get them.

And this game is a lot more fun to play on Wii than on the PS2.

Peeze

Smash Master
Yeah, the only thing is that the wii is sold out where i live, and I heard(from burrito) that this game sucks on PS2, so i guess i'll just have to wait.

Peeze

Smash Master
Thanks.
I've always liked the DBZ series, so i guess I'll get it then. A few questions 1st
1.Is Trunks a PC?
2.Is Vegeta Bad@$#.
3.Any Fusion?
4.Is Goten a PC?
5. Is Goku the only PC able to reach SS4?

The Burrito of Time

Smash Journeyman
Its still good on the PS2, but more fun on the Wii.

I tried playing with my wav-bird once.... I started swinging it around.lol

and you location, Peeze, is awesome.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
This is probably one of my favorite games for the wii so far. And like Problem said, you don't use the nunchuck for certain special move motions just the remote itself but it's still fun stuff. I think I've unlocked all of the characters and what not through that z fusion stuff but I'm not sure, too lazy to count. I love gettin into the game and pretending like I'm doin the special moves that performed in the game xD.

Peeze

Smash Master
Then I'm definetly getting it then.
I've had this location for about a month, I'm surprised people are just now noticing it... i thought of it for the forum awards...I didn't win :(

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Hmm, mine would probably be super saiyan 4 Goku or freakin ultimate Gohan. I freakin love his ultimate move when he does that crazy *** beat down combo. =)

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I have the game. At some times it may feel boring, but for the most part, it is a great game. The creators have done a great job with this game. So many new features, stages, and characters. This is a truly great game in the DBZ series.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
I play with the GC controller. Is the Wii-mote really all that better?
I played with the GC controllers once, and I must say the wii controller is alot more fun. Interaction with the game makes you get more into the game. Of course, if you feel like being lazy and careless, ya, stick with the GC controller.;)

Top Bottom