• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr.Mario teching

magelvl100

Smash Rookie
I need help with Dr.Mario, I can't fully WD. It only goes >>>> steps when I think the full WD is >>>>> + a half

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
To get the full distance off your wavedash, you want to hold the angle that is just under left or right. (So it'd be like, 89 degrees or negative 89 degrees, assuming perfect left and perfect right is 90)

Another way to think of it is

Look at your number pad

Imagine the numbers are like directions (like the universal system of fighting games)

236 being a quarter circle to the right. so 6 is pure right, and 3 is down-right. To perfect WD to the right, you want to hold your analog stick at the angle BETWEEN 3 and 6.

Samething for 4 and 1.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yeah, it's the same angle Fox and Falco uses to get the Firefox/bird that goes slighly above parallel.

Its hard to hit it everytime, but if you practice aiming at that angle, you'll probably lengthen your WD some since you'll know how far you can go.

The worst thing that can happen is you go parallel and you airdodge along the ground. D:

Top Bottom