• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Dr. Mario Social Thread - Witches? Dragons?...I've seen worse walk into my office.

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
I was about to, but I goofed up and forgot to get the three day package before it sold out.

Since July is pretty busy with Expo being a week before that, I was debating on getting the two day pass.

kro_

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai mentioned Dr. Mario having a stat-boost mechanic, have anyone discovered what this is already?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Dr. Mario is a ****en baller in this game. I dunno what it is but whenever I play him I can't help but go absolutely ham 24/7.

Also I made a controls-tag for him and I put Dr. at the start of the name, so when I play him I'm Dr. Dre

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467

Dose of a recent Doc winning Grand Finals at a tourney with customs enabled. (2332)

This also gives some more show of the kill power of Soaring Tornado. While the Doc player (kuma-b4) didn't get a chance to use Ol' One Two that much here, it does show the Fast Capsule against Rosalina's Luma.

On a side note, Ol' One Two sends Luma far away.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Dose of a recent Doc winning Grand Finals at a tourney with customs enabled. (2332)

This also gives some more show of the kill power of Soaring Tornado. While the Doc player (kuma-b4) didn't get a chance to use Ol' One Two that much here, it does show the Fast Capsule against Rosalina's Luma.

On a side note, Ol' One Two sends Luma far away.
This made my day.

Customs seem to be shaking up the meta in all the right ways.

WaraWaraRicey

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhiteRice
3DS FC
3222-6851-0554
Sorry a little late to respond. I'd love to go to EVO this year and rep Doc, just a little unsure about making the trip still. Does anyone have any notable plays from Boss's Doc? I didn't know he used him.

This is Rice btw, I'm a Doc main from NorCal.

WaraWaraRicey

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhiteRice
3DS FC
3222-6851-0554
I feel like Doc is so strong in general and has some great tools for both ground and aerial fighting that it more than make up for his poor recovery. But I'm not really the person you want to ask if a character is 'good' or not, I think Ganon is good.

Dr. Mello

Smash Rookie
Def agree with Rice, I also like the fact that Doc can "change" his fight style often. Being very defensive, or aggressive. I personally play defensive and am extremely aggressive off the state (edge guarding). I really don't play with other characters but Doc has to be a top tier in the respect to edge guarding.

Josh Reed

Smash Rookie
NNID
mrpainful22
3DS FC
1134-9944-9020
Well, Dr. Mario has been a favorite of mine, but now I just grown out of Dr. Mario, I don't know why, I should give him a shot again.:drmario:

TheSteveEngine

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSteveEngine
3DS FC
3909-7548-2082
I've gained notoriety among my friends for having an extremely defensive playstyle in the games I play. (Always had a Ferrothorn on my team in Pokemon, mained as Ryu in Street Fighter, mained as Olimar and Dedede in Brawl...) and Sm4sh is no exception, where I picked up Dr. Mario the instant I unlocked him.

So, I do enjoy playing as him quite a bit... Something really needs to be done about his range and mobility though. This wouldn't be a problem if he were heavier than Mario... but he isn't.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo

WaraWaraRicey

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhiteRice
3DS FC
3222-6851-0554
Spam Warning Received
Sure thing, I'll grab some results once I get off work.

Going to spam the forum a little bit since I apparently need to have made 10 posts before adding links

Hope this works

I'm really memeing it!

How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose?

Sorry guys this is hurting me more than it hurts you

Hoo Hah hype

Pls o pls baby may this be the last post I have to make

Okay, updated Dr Mario's wall of certificates with tournaments where I contended with the good doctor. Hope it helps. Here's the link again for everyone http://smashboards.com/threads/wall-of-certificates-dr-mario-tourney-results.393503/#post-18735898

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Sure thing, I'll grab some results once I get off work.

Going to spam the forum a little bit since I apparently need to have made 10 posts before adding links

Hope this works

I'm really memeing it!

How can my feet smell if they don't have a nose?

Sorry guys this is hurting me more than it hurts you

Hoo Hah hype

Pls o pls baby may this be the last post I have to make

Okay, updated Dr Mario's wall of certificates with tournaments where I contended with the good doctor. Hope it helps. Here's the link again for everyone http://smashboards.com/threads/wall-of-certificates-dr-mario-tourney-results.393503/#post-18735898
Spamming posts to be able to post links is strictly against the terms of service, as is double posting and beyond.

Please refrain from doing this in the future.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Welcome back! All the trolls and "DOC IS SO F TIER" people are kind of gone now, so it's back to normal. Quiet, serene, with a few hype moments in between. Especially nice to see Rice in here!

toonlink.png

Smash Rookie
NNID
HonorableGamer
K, all I say about Doc. Mario is that he made a really big return from SSBM, and he's my actual main in Melee, and I'll say, I really loved Doc. Mario being revived into SSB4. I really prefer him rather than Mario.

if you ever see a doc mario with the tag "PillsHere!" in SSB4... that's probably me lol

Ramz289

Smash Journeyman
Lmaoo it's good to be back i guess

I haven't played Doc in a while so I don't really know what to do with him anyone, I just do shffl bair until one of us dies lol.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
Guys I've been testing Mega Capsule in matches lately and I think it might not be terrible. The high startup and endlag make it difficult to use, but it's kind of a high risk, high reward type of move. I haven't gone in Training to test the followups yet, but I've been able to get some nice stuff off of it just from doing what felt right. When the capsule is near the ground, you can get a grab follow-up and it seems that you can also get stuff like f-air, SJP/One Ol' Two, Shocking Sheet and U-smash depending on how close you are.

This will definitely be a matchup specific move though. It seems more useful against the slower characters like Ganondorf and Robin. Fast Capsules and Megavitamins seem more consistent and are much better against the small, speedy characters.

I'll record matches when I have time, but these will probably have to be level 9 CPU matches instead of against humans.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
K, all I say about Doc. Mario is that he made a really big return from SSBM, and he's my actual main in Melee, and I'll say, I really loved Doc. Mario being revived into SSB4. I really prefer him rather than Mario.
Yeah, me too. I prefer Doc over Mario cause he feels so much better compared to Mario. Dunno why...

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
How would you guys feel if he had 5% health-regen every 10 seconds? Kinda useless, but it would make him a little unique, and may help him stay on the stage. I mean, he is a doctor, so it would be cool to have it in as a reference to other games where the healer usually regens health.

kro_

Smash Apprentice
How would you guys feel if he had 5% health-regen every 10 seconds? Kinda useless, but it would make him a little unique, and may help him stay on the stage. I mean, he is a doctor, so it would be cool to have it in as a reference to other games where the healer usually regens health.
That's a bit terrible, if you have a match that lasts 3 minutes, he'll heal 90% for free

Would make both Dr. Mario and the game much campier than it already is, no thanks

WaraWaraRicey

Smash Rookie
NNID
WhiteRice
3DS FC
3222-6851-0554
Shroomed may be joining our Foundry tournament tomorrow: Come on and Ban #12. He's expressed he enjoys Dr. Mario in Smash 4 and we both may go Doc the whole way.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Shroomed may be joining our Foundry tournament tomorrow: Come on and Ban #12. He's expressed he enjoys Dr. Mario in Smash 4 and we both may go Doc the whole way.
Shroomed is planning to play Smash 4? Oh that's great.

Me on the other hand still can't find a main. I'm torn between zelda, doc, or wii fit.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Shroomed is planning to play Smash 4? Oh that's great.

Me on the other hand still can't find a main. I'm torn between zelda, doc, or wii fit.
I see nothing wrong with having multiple mains. While you will play one of them more than the others, it always helps to have variety if you have a mad MU for your main or something.

I, for one, have 3 mains: Lucario, Dr. Mario, and Wario (and probably Mewtwo when he's released). And I also have fun playing G&W (you could say I have a Pocket-Watch! Eh? Eh?)

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
I see nothing wrong with having multiple mains. While you will play one of them more than the others, it always helps to have variety if you have a mad MU for your main or something.

I, for one, have 3 mains: Lucario, Dr. Mario, and Wario (and probably Mewtwo when he's released). And I also have fun playing G&W (you could say I have a Pocket-Watch! Eh? Eh?)
The problem is, too many mains. Make your main worse than he would be of you solo mained him or her. Also Doc doesn't cover Zelda's match ups vice versa

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
I didn't know Shroomed had an interest in Smash 4 Doc. That's nice to hear, though I'm sure he also enjoys Sheik in this game.

Top Bottom