• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario Moveset Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Well actually I was wrong, at one point in the stream the pill does 3 damage and in another it does 5
It's range dependent for one like many projectiles in Smash. More damage up close. So it probably does 5 damage up close, and maybe 3 or 4 damage at longer distances.

A more important nerf is the range nerf on Cape, making it less viable as a spacing/edgeguarding tool.

Last edited:

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
Ridley Transformation: Ridley turned out to be a filler character in disguise, he rips out of Doctor Mario and is unlocked, Dr. Mario disappears from the Character Select Screen.

If this could happen, I would be sooooo happy.
I'd rather as an alt to the Cape attack he uses a move similar to Phoenix Wright's Objection attack in Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3, but instead of saying Objection it says "Ridley Disconfirmed".

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm glad, he needs as much nerfs as he could get, I hope he's the worst character on the game and no one uses him.
U jelly? No point in insulting other characters because your most wanted didn't get in, I saw some of your other posts and your logic is terrible, stop acting so entitled and keep that **** to yourself, let people enjoy the game. Just don't buy it.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad, he needs as much nerfs as he could get, I hope he's the worst character on the game and no one uses him.
Dude, you shouldn't be doing stuff like that. Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Someone phone Dr. Mario! We have a patient with rectal bleeding!

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I wonder what the slight differences will be in Dr. Mario this time. He's pretty much been a better version of Mario in Melee.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Remember that move could have been staled.

The more pills you use in a row, the less damage they cause. That's how every move in the game works.

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Doctor Mario seems to be resembling melee's mario, and he even has Mario tornado. Does anyone here think he will be played more then Mario for this reason(or at least for the costume)?

Also, in defense of melee physics, if you don't like the physics of ssb4, the physics system is based on numbers, and can easily be modded(or at least when they find a way to hack the game).

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm happy that he plays like Melee Mario, because I feel Brawl/4 Mario lost sight of his original design goal as being the character straight down the middle in all strategies. Doc will be a lot more useful in practicing and tutoring the fundamentals.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
To be fair i always liked playing Mario, but once you take your first dose...... have you seen that intro animation?, how can someone not love this badass mother******?

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I was a Mario main regardless in Brawl, and he still looks perfectly fine in Smash 4, but Doc looks nothing short of awesome.

LordDarkrai

Smash Rookie
NNID
LordDarkrai
I'm quite happy he's similar to his Melee counterpart. Recently playing him in Melee, I prefer him over Mario.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Y'all should ignore that guy cuz he posted that same thing in other threads just to flamebait everyone.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't hate this decision... If everyone wasn't going DUR, DR. MARIO OVER THE ACTUAL MARIO!!!

I HATE how Docs return gets people into thinking he's better than Super Mario. That's not right to me. I hope Mario can get over Doc on the tier list.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Considering that they kept him pretty intact from Melee along with some other changes added on, making him have some more explicit differences from normal Mario now, I like that he returned as the least clone-y of the full clones. I'm curious to see how both of their playstyles will develop. c:

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
I'm happy he's back just for the subtle yet decisive differences between him and Mario. I was never a fan of F.L.U.D.D. either. Also, I liked his personality overall.

Actually, Dr. Mario is quite different from Mario. He has a different D-Air, slightly different Final Smash, different D-Special (thank God), a slightly different F-Smash, and I'm even hearing his U-Special functions differently. He also may still have his different F-Air, but I didn't see it yet personally. So actually, no... Dr. Mario is better than Young Link and Pichu combined, since neither had as many differences.

Also, as a King K. Rool / Ridley / Mewtwo supporter myself, I would have liked to see them in Sm4sh as well, but attacking other characters due to their
absence isn't going to change ANYTHING; Dr. Mario is a welcome addition in my eyes. Also, Dr. Mario being a "crappy game" is just your opinion.
Young Link had a differently functioning dtilt, fsmash, and dair, way different weight/speed, different properties in his boomerang, and a pretty different spin attack. His aerials are all subtlely different as well. I love the good ol' doc but don't exaggerate that much for the sake of an argument.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Young Link had a differently functioning dtilt, fsmash, and dair, way different weight/speed, different properties in his boomerang, and a pretty different spin attack. His aerials are all subtlely different as well. I love the good ol' doc but don't exaggerate that much for the sake of an argument.
It probably was a bit of an exaggeration on Young Link's part and to a small extent Pichu, but the point is that Dr. Mario is subtly (yet noticeably) different, and his addition certainly didn't warrant that vile attack that D-idara made. The whole "I'll blame X character because my favourite one didn't get in" argument will just never make sense to me I guess.

Booster

Smash Lord
I'd rather as an alt to the Cape attack he uses a move similar to Phoenix Wright's Objection attack in Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3, but instead of saying Objection it says "Ridley Disconfirmed".
Touche.

I would also accept it being Mewtwo in disguise.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I main with mario in all smash games (and Dr. Mario in melee) but I can see myself using Dr. Mario MUCH more than original Mario. I played all 3 games and PM as Mario pretty much almost all the time but I never dare to touch Mario's down B in Brawl. Knowing that Dr. Mario has the tornado move makes me much more comfortable about Sm4sh.

Spirst

I would figure that the Dr. Mario option would be selected by the majority of users seeing as how this is the Dr. Mario board. That said, I'm glad he has the Mario tornado back. FLUDD was just ehhhh

Berrial

Smash Cadet
Why the hell does Doc get all the good stuff.
I'm still going with Mario nonetheless.

Berrial

Smash Cadet
Great, now doc will be a straight upgrade from Mario.
At this point we could just cut Mario from the game >_>.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
I never thought about pills as a way to rack up damage, but more as a way to approach behind them while the ennemy deals with my medicine so I'm fine with that

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Dr. Mario is the only clone I can accept since he's at least different and some different moves. Lucina and dark pit on the other hand.. Such wastes. At least Lucina has those cute Tharja and Awakwning girl outfits. So I guess Lucina gets a pass for good fanservice but dark pit is just... I'll just use him as my new punching bag.

Last edited:

Berrial

Smash Cadet
Pills probably have more hitstun, damage doesn't matter, doc is gonna be a straight upgrade.
Great.

ArtehFX

Smash Apprentice
why put more clones and make the clone better than the actual character. mario needed some love

Misinko

Smash Cadet
it is nice that melee mario is back, (in somefourm) but it (mario/dr tornado and pills) should of just been custom moves for mario
Some of us would like to use the Mario Tornado and his down - air when playing against anyone online. Is that too much to ask? Is it really the worst thing in the world that we want Melee Mario online as well?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Some of us would like to use the Mario Tornado and his down - air when playing against anyone online. Is that too much to ask? Is it really the worst thing in the world that we want Melee Mario online as well?
no, but to counter that they should have just aloud custom moves online then,

Misinko

Smash Cadet
That would've caused some unbalanceing issues. Customization was probably intended for adding a bit of flavor to sold and freind matches.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I prefer Mario's costumes and overall look, but man, the tornado....which also means his dair will be that twist thingy. It's hard to pick, but Dr. Mario so obviously has the better moveset. I'll take 2 extra actually usefull moves anyday.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I just think it's funny because somebody made a joke that that would be his Final Smash but was kidding xD I'm warming up to Lucina and Dr Mario now. Dr Mario had a sort of charm to him. But not Dark Pit :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom