• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DP Quick EV Guide and discussion thread

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Kamikaze Falco's D+P Quick EV Guide​

About This Guide​
There wasn't an ev guide on the boards so I made one. This is a quick ev guide. In the future I will add to this more and more. If anybody has any questions regarding this guide ask! I will make sure to answer and i'll modify my guide to make sure as much people understands as possible. Also If you have any info regarding this guide let me know and I will add it. Thanks again to everyone who helped me out. I will go over how to ev train and how you can apply it to your game to becoming a pokemon master.

I Introduction to Ev's

A pokemon and ev's

B why ev train?

II How to Ev Train

A basics

III Ev Training's Details

A pokemon and ev categories

B distributing your ev's

IV Influential items

A Virus and brace

i macho brace

ii pokerus

iii vitamins

B Fruits and supplements

i vitamins.

V Natures.

VI Pokemon Locations

VII Conclusion

VIII Credits

Introduction​

Ev stands for Effort Value. For every pokemon you faint you get at least 1 effort point. Some pokemon give you more for fainting them. You can acquire up to 510 effort values for any pokemon.

How does this affect my pokemon?

For every 4 effort values your pokemon gains in any given stat, they gain one point (stat) in the respective stat. For example if you gained two effort values for special defense and than gained another 2 for special attack than you don't get a stat boost even though you have four effort values. Only if you gained another two ev's in special defense or special attack would it add a stat change of 1.

Why EV Train?

Ev training gives you the ability to manipulate how you want your pokemon's stats to grow giving you the competetive edge. Ev Training is only important if you want to play competetively or have the upper hand against your friends. Unless they EV....than you need to catch up! :D

How To EV Train

Ev training is as simple as fainting a pokemon. The trick is to find a pokemon that gives the type of ev you want; and find a location where they are highly concentrated. You just need to keep track of what pokemon gives you which stat's. For example, lets say you want to increase the speed of your turtwig. Zubat gives you one ev in speed. If you defeat 4 zubats with turtwig than he will gain one stat boost in speed. If you defeat 8 zubats than you level up, you will see two additional stat boosts in speed. If you earn one stat boost you you may not see it until you level up no matter how many stat boosts you gain. If you get a lot of ev's for one level up you won't see your stat boosts until later on when your pokemon gets stronger.

EV Training Details

How do I know which pokemon give which ev's?

I stated earlier that every pokemon gives you one or more ev's when you faint them. All ev's are the same. It's the type of pokemon that determines which category of stats it applies too. For example if you defeat a geodude with turtwig you gain 1 ev towards defense. You need to accumulate 4 ev's before you will gain an extra stat in defense. There are charts to find which pokemon contributes ev's to which category of stats.

From this example below you can tell that Tentacruel gives you 2 ev's towards your pokemon's defense. On the right side of the slash (/) you can see where they are located at.

Defense
Tentacruel+2/ Routes 205-South, 213, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 226 & 230 (Surf)
Fuego Ironworks, Iron Mountain, Canalave City, Sunyshore City, Pastoria City, Pokémon League, Valley Windworks

From this example you see that Ghastly gives 1 ev toward special attack. And on the right side of the slash you can tell where the pokemon is located at.

Special Attack
Ghastly+1/Top Floor In Lost Tower

The maximum amount of Ev's one pokemon can gain is 510. 4 Ev's equals 1 stat boost in any given category (defense etc.) To find out how many stats that is you do some simple math. 510/4=127.5 so round it to 127. Rounding it knocks off two effort value's. Yes sadly two are unusable. So you can also compute like this 508/4 since 508 is divisible by 4. 127 usable stat points to boost any of your categories.

There is a limit. Every stat has a limit of no more than 252 ev's. Technically 255 but you have to round anyways cutting off ev's. 22/4=63 3 ev's are unusable this time.

You have 127 bonus stat points but you can't use no more than 63 in each category.
With 127 stat points you can max out two categories. You can divide 127 by six so you can evenly distribute your bonus points with your categories. It's up to you!

Influential Items
How can I speed up EV training?
Ev training takes lots of patience. But there are a few things you can do which helps speed the process up.

Macho Brace- Its an item that temporarily slows your Pokemon down but doubles your ev's you gain. For example if you fainted a Pokemon that gives you one ev, you now get two.

Pokerusor pokemon virus is another thing that doubles your ev's. Pokerus is a virus that your pokemon can obtain. To obtain it your pokemon needs to battle a wild pokemon that has the virus or you can obtain a pokemon from trading that has pokerus. You just need to put it in with your party. When your pokemon obtains the virus the nurse will alert you at the pokemon center. You can spread pokerus to your other pokemon by placing it with your team. You can store a pokemon with pokerus in your box for later accesing.
You can also use the item macho brace on a pokemon infected with pokerus quadrupling your ev's gained. For example if you defeat a pokemon that gives you 1 ev you will now get 4 ev's with pokerus and the macho brace.

This is only confirmed for versions ruby, sapphire, emerald, fire red, leaf green and it works with diamond and pearl!

Vitamins are another thing that can help your ev training become faster. All you have to do is feed the vitamins to your pokemon that simple. There are 6 different vitamins. Each vitamin gives you 10 ev's towards a different category of stats. The only thing you really need to know about using vitamins is that vitamins only work for the first 100 ev's.

IMPORTANT- If you want to track your ev's religiously pay attention. 1 vitamin gives you 10 ev's. 1v=10ev 10ev=2 stat boosts +2 unused ev's. So you have to keep track of your 2 ev's!! because they will be 1 stat boost after your next vitamin. 2v=20 ev's 20ev's= 5 stat boosts. 3 vitamins and so on. So i'm saying you NEED TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR UNUSED EV'S AND ACCOUNT FOR THEM. :psycho:

This chart below will show you the vitamin and it's respective category boost.

Protein=Attack
Iron=Defense
Carbos=Speed
Zinc=Special Defense
Calcium=Special Attack
HpUp=Hit Points

How do I fix screw ups?
Ok you accidently gave your pokemon the wrong ev's. You wanted to train turtwigs special defense but you accidently gave him 8 ev's of speed because you thought zubat gave special defense X-D. Well there is some hope. If you feed your pokemon certain berries It will take away 10 ev points of a certain stat. The berries and what stats they take away are below.

Berry- EV lowered by 10
Pomeg- Hit Points
Kelpsy- Attack
Qualot- Defense
Hondew- Special Attack
Grepa- Special Defense
Tamato- Speed

Natures​

Pokemon have natures. Natures effect pokemons stats by 10% Some natures boosts stats and hinder them whereas some natures don't affect anything. For example an Adament nature boosts attack while hindering special attack. So when calculating just multiply your respective stat by .10 and than add it (boost) or substract it (hinder) To have a full understanding of how this works it's like taking some of your pokemon's defense and adding it to speed, assuming that he has a hasty nature.
Hardy none
Lonely +Attack -Defense
Brave +Attack - Speed
Adamant +Attack - Special Attack
Naughty +Attack - Special Defense
Bold +Defense -Attack
Docile none
Relaxed + Defense -Speed
Impish +Defense -Special Attack
Lax + Defense -Special Defense
Timid + Speed -Attack
Hasty + Speed -Defense
Serious none
Jolly +Speed -Special Attack
Naïve +Speed -Special Defense
Modest +Special Attack - Attack
Mild +Special Attack - Defense
Quiet +Special Attack - Speed
Bashful none
Rash + Special Attack -Special Defense
Calm +Special Defense - Attack
Gentle +Special Defense -Defense
Sassy +Special Defense -Speed
Careful +Special Defense -Special Attack
Quirky none

Pokemon locations

This chart below will help you to find what pokemon give what ev's and where to find them.

DEFENSE

Graveler+2/Routes 211-East, 214, 216 & 227
Lake Valor, Stark Mountain, Mt. Coronet, Victory Road, Iron Mountain, Snowpoint Temple

SPECIAL DEFENSE

Tentacruel+2/Off the coast of Sunny Shore City, off route 223
Tentacool+1/In the ocean. Anywhere you can surf practically

HIT POINTS

Bidoof+1/Routes 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 208 & 211 West
Shellos+1/Pastoria City, grasses east of the exit (right before the beqach at night time) as well as some routes I haven't remembered yet.

ATTACK

Seaking +2/Twin Leaf town pond. Fish with super rod.
Gyrados+2/ Twin Leaf town pond. Fish with super rod.

SPECIAL ATTACK

Ghastly+1/Top Floor In Lost Tower
Psyduck+1/Lake Verity (Swim)
Haunter+2/Turnback Cave, Old Chateau RSEFRLG Inserted into DS

SPEED

Zubat+1/Lost tower, bottom floors
Goldbat+2/Turnback Cave (All Day)

Elite Four

The Elite Four deserves it's own special section because here is where you will be doing most of your level up training. The Elite Four has four members and one champion. Five trainers in all to battle. Anyways it's important to know what pokemon the trainers have and what ev's their pokemon give.

#1 Aaron

Level 53 Dustox+2 Special Defense/Bug-Poison type

Level 54 Heracross+2 Attack/Bug-Fighting type

Level 54 Vespiquen+1 Defense+1 Special Defense/Bug-Flying type

Level 53 Beautifly+3 Special Attack/Bug-Flying

Level 57 Drapion+2 Defense/Poison-Dark

#2 Bertha

Level 55 Quagsire+2 Hit Points/Water-Ground

Level 56 Hippowdon+2 Defense/Ground

Conclusion​

Now that were finished with the meat and bones of this guide you should have a pretty good understanding of ev's and how they work. If you have any suggestions on how I can make this better let me know. I wish success for all pokemon trainers and their quest to becoming pokemon masters.

Credits
Thank you to common yoshi, sheer cold, po pimpus, deveyus, outofdashdwz, Nike 20, smooth one, leaf green

po pimpus

Smash Ace
For Special Defense, don't forget my old pal Tentacruel(2 SDEF EVs). If you Surf off the coast of Sunnyshore City on Route 223, you'll run into plenty of them as well as Mantyke(1 SDEF EV).

For Attack, try fighting on Route 208 near the Berry Master's House at night. Plenty of Bibarel(2 ATT EVs) and Kricketune(2 ATT EVs).

Steel Wing

Smash Rookie
This is a pretty bad guide if you ask me all you did was tell where to find certain things that aren't even the most effective things that give them or way to do them. You also don't even explain what evs are. what kinda guide is this did you just copy eveything form Serebii and fromated it nicely? Do you even know what evs are? I seems like you don't.

Nice try I guess but I'll wait intill serebii releases a guide.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Hey hey hey it's under construction ^_^; I know what ev's are lol. And about not the most efficient pokemon. we'll they haven't been discovered yet. It only came out sunday.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
OK here let me help you out

Attack

Seaking 2

Routes 203, 204, 209, 212-North & 214, Twinleaf Town, Resort Area, Lake Verity, Lake Acuity, Lake Valor, Spring Path (Fish w/ Super Rod)

Defence

Graveler 2

Routes 211-East, 214, 216 & 227
Lake Valor, Stark Mountain, Mt. Coronet, Victory Road, Iron Mountain, Snowpoint Temple

Speed

Golbat 2

Stark Mountain, Victory Road, Deserted Escape Path, Oreburgh Gate, Mt. Coronet, Iron Mountain, Snowpoint Temple, Lost Tower, Turnback Cave (All Day)
Route 227 (Night)

Sp attack

Haunter 2

Turnback Cave
Old Chateau RSEFRLG Inserted into DS

Sp. defense

Tentacruel 2

Routes 205-South, 213, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 226 & 230 (Surf)
Fuego Ironworks, Iron Mountain, Canalave City, Sunyshore City, Pastoria City, Pokémon League, Valley Windworks

these are all pretty common and they give 2 instead of one. Your welcome :)

Though I still think that you shouldn't have made this guide leave to the pros (I'm not saying a pro)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
A new addition to the Emerald version is the ability to take away EVs from
your Pokemon by feeding certain berries to them. Here is a list of the berries
that take away EVs.

Berry- EV lowered by 10
Pomeg- Hit Points
Kelpsy- Attack
Qualot- Defense
Hondew- Special Attack
Grepa- Special Defense
Tamato- Speed

Credit goes to Lanerobertlane of Gamefaqs for this. I didn't even know about this until a couple of days ago.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
A new addition to the Emerald version is the ability to take away EVs from
your Pokemon by feeding certain berries to them. Here is a list of the berries
that take away EVs.

Berry- EV lowered by 10
Pomeg- Hit Points
Kelpsy- Attack
Qualot- Defense
Hondew- Special Attack
Grepa- Special Defense
Tamato- Speed

Credit goes to Lanerobertlane of Gamefaqs for this. I didn't even know about this until a couple of days ago.
Those are also true to D/P.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
An EV guide shouldn't just list out the Pokemon that give a particular stat and where to find them. That's easily found on Serebii. A good EV guide should list out convenient places to EV train, such as for SpAtk, go to Old Chateau for Gastly, as they're the only things there and you'll rack up EVs rather quickly. When EV training, fairly common really doesn't cut it. You'll be needing a route with largely only Pokemon giving a particular stat, such as Diglett's Cave for speed in FRLG and the Spinda ash route in RSE (Slugma gave SpAtk too and Sandshrew was relatively uncommon. Skarm was rare).

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
well I thank everyone for the help. But i'm just trying to make a point that I haven't played this game much X-D I will add alot more convenient pokemon. For example pokemon that give more ev's and very convenient pokemon. I shouldn't have started this without making sure it was half finished but oh well. Also I sincerely thank everyone for helpilng me out. Maybe I didn't know about ev's as much as I thought I did. But this will be good.

Erg

Smash Cadet
It'd be nice if you posted an explanation on how EV's work. I want to ev train but I don't even know where to start.
Maybe a good website?

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Here it's from the last gen but it explains them quite well.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

and Serebii.net is great for all your pokemon needs. :)
gabe that info is for last gen. This is specifically for diamond and pearl. Which means the easiest pokemon to ev train wich isn'lt convenient. And don't quote me about my guide not having convenient pokemon. i'll fix it later. And some of the pokemon there are convenient. Also your ev pokemon you mentioned are from diamond and pearl right?

Nike.

Smash Hero
To answer your question, I traded an Aerodactyl with the Pokerus from my FireRed to my friends Diamond version and he still has it. What sucks is that I didn't know that he had the Pokerus until after I traded it and now he won't send the virus back in my direction.GRR

But yeah, it's still available for D/P

Steel Wing

Smash Rookie
It's improving I guess. It's pretty good considering your new to EVs yourself or at least it seems like you are sorry I'm not trying to offend or anything. It's just that you've used it's "under constriction"or "It's not done yet" to all the criticism you got criticism can be good for ya it helps ya improve you where just getting offended.

The explanations are short they get the job done I guess but they could be longer. I mean there are Ev training guides out there that are 10 times longer surely you could have made yours a little long.

Almost done huh well I hope you don't intend to leave I hope that you will still add to it as new facts arise and so fourth.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
gabe that info is for last gen. This is specifically for diamond and pearl. Which means the easiest pokemon to ev train wich isn'lt convenient. And don't quote me about my guide not having convenient pokemon. i'll fix it later. And some of the pokemon there are convenient. Also your ev pokemon you mentioned are from diamond and pearl right?
It still explains the idea of EV training quite well I know it's from the last gen(which I stated in my post) but at the time you guide wasn't all that informative. I wasn't giving it to help you with your guide I was giving it to help Erg who it in which it seemed to me didn't understand your guide very well.

Yes the pokemon and locations I listed are for Diamond and Pearl and they seem the be more common and are in more efficient places then most of the things you listed in your guide they also where worth more though I could be wrong I haven't beaten this game yet .

I still think the guide is aways from being "done" I'd like to see you add things the most efficient places to train for each stat and by efficient I mean the most Ev in one area (two maybe but that's pushing it) for the least amount of battles i.e. an area where Charizard (which give 3 sp attack EVs ) are the only thing it there with the occasion Growlithe (which gives 2 EVs in attack) to avoid.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I got the Pokerus and a macho brace, so I figure each shinx I kill should give me 4 ev points. But when I kill 20 shinx in a row my attack only goes up by 5 points, whereas it should around 20. Whats up with that?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
It's possible you could have exceeded the limit. You can only have a certain number of EVs before they start to not affect anything. I believe it's 510 EVs altogether, 252 in a particular stat, or a 63 stat point boost in a single, particular area. This means that you can use up all 510 EVs on HP, but only 252 of those points will really mean anything. The rest will just be wasted.

Nike.

Smash Hero
No, I am training my level 5 Piplup starter at the very beginning. He had literally no EV's, so I can't figure out why the EV's are not taking effect. It go's up like 4-5 points a level whenever it's supposed to go up 18-20. It just doesn't make sense.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Your getting them but you just wont see them. I don't know why your not seeing them when you level up. Just keep track and pretend their there.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
It's possible you could have exceeded the limit. You can only have a certain number of EVs before they start to not affect anything. I believe it's 510 EVs altogether, 252 in a particular stat, or a 63 stat point boost in a single, particular area. This means that you can use up all 510 EVs on HP, but only 252 of those points will really mean anything. The rest will just be wasted.
No, you can get up to 255 in each stat, and after that, you won't be able to gain anything at all. So say you kill 255 Whismurs, but after that and you kill more, you simply won't gain anything, so no EVs will be "wasted". And 252 is used because it's the same amount of stats as 255.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Alright I've got some contructive (?) criticism for ya Kami.

My thoughs reflect Erg's pretty closely. The guide is informative (or maybe it seems that way because this is the first I've heard of it?), but it's all meat, no 'tatoes. Like, even in the Intro, you go into details, which should be left to the rest of the guide.
Explain things more thoroughly to us n00bs than basically 'Use EVs to get better Pokemon,' specifically in more well-formed paragraphs, instead of just examples.
Also those "You get quadruple the number of EVs. For example if you get 1 EV then you would get 4." We get it Kami. ~_O

A FAQ section would help clear up some early questions, too. Like:
When is the best time to start EV training? Could I go through like 75% of the story mode, eat the specific berries to delete all my old (read: useless) EVs, then work fairly hard to fine-tooth my Poke's EVs? Should I reset my game so my starter has the desirable nature?

I had no idea this stuff even existed. O_O I think I'll make my Diamond team my first competitive team.
:demon:
And it's all thanks to Kami. ^_^

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Sorry. Ok I'm not going to add this to my guide tonight. But i'll add this post to my guide later.

To answer your question. You want to beat the elite four before you start ev training. It's very inneficient to feed your pokemon the berries once they gained a mass amount of ev's. Because you don't know how many ev's are in each category of stats.

LOL Don't reset your game!! ^_^ Beat the elite four before you start anything. Breeding is very important also. Maybe I should make a breeding guide! I'm KIDDING!!! ^_^ You want to breed until you hatch the pokemon with the desired nature. See you clone your whole team pretty much. You pick the 6 pokemon you want on your team. And then breed them until each has the nature you want. And than your whole team don't have any ev's. So you beat certain pokemon to get certain ev's towards certain stats etc. i hope i helped. I'm 3/4 asleep no joke. IM tiiiiiiirrrrrreeeeeeddddd.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
lol I look at all this info and think "Wow, this game has serious strategic pretenses," but then I remember I'm on SWF. And the hours I've spend perfecting the WD or SHFFL or lag times or any other minute occurence in Melee.

You don't have to Kami, but at least for the starters can you say what the most desirable natures are?

>_> Dude, it's after 4. Or maybe it would be more appropraite to say, "WoW, it's after 4." I wonder why my vocabulary is better when I'm tired...Or maybe I just think it's better when I'm tired, because I'm tired...Riiiiight.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Well, I know what I should do after I beat the elite four and and all of of that, but I just don't know why the stats aren't showing. Does anyone else have confimation that EV is still up to 63 points a category for D/P because it just won't work for me. Maybe they changed it so that u don't have is many ev's per stat? Maybe I'm just flat-out unlucky? IDK

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
Well, I know what I should do after I beat the elite four and and all of of that, but I just don't know why the stats aren't showing. Does anyone else have confimation that EV is still up to 63 points a category for D/P because it just won't work for me. Maybe they changed it so that u don't have is many ev's per stat? Maybe I'm just flat-out unlucky? IDK
You really don't see the full effects of EVs in till they reach level 100.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
I'm still confused on what to do, exactly.

Beat the Elite 4.
Breed new Pokes with good baseline stats?
Give them Exp. Share or whatever and fight different wild Pokes and using vitamins, depending on how I want to mold his stats?
Keep training until level 100 and give them TMs?

Yeah, another question. ^_^' If the Poke just participates in a battle (or even using an Exp. Share) does it receive the EVs? Or does it have to directly faint the Poke to get the EVs?
Is that the gist of it?
And this is off-subject, but I forgot. Can you breed Legendaries? Or any Pokes without a gender? And where can I find a Ditto?

ss118

Smash Master
OK, this is going to be long and complicated, so bear with me.

Now, at lower levels, EVs aren't as big of a deal. Nintendo made a limitation on the max amount a single stat can have at any specific level. It's only noticed over time that the EVs are taking there effect. What your failing to see is, for example, normally you only get +2 sp. atk per level, and instead your getting +5. That by itself is a noticeable difference, especially at lower levels. When you reach level 100 and you maxed a certain stat, subtract that stat by 63 and that will be the stat if you hadn't done anything for it. Therefore, because of this limitation, progression for an EV'd stat for a pokemon is slow, but worthwhile at the end. Also, if your putting EVs in a stat that is boosted/reduced by a nature, that stat will seem to increase faster/slower, respectively. But thats probably obvious.

This is limited because then we could add +63 to atk and +63 to spd and pwn everything that opponents could send at level 5. That would be only a LITTLE broken >.> . Thats why they made it slow. I wondered the same thing, especially when I was(and still am) EV training my azelf on Gastly's, and when it hit level 51, it only got +6. I once again tried it immediantly afterward with a rare candy and go only +2. Over time, that gap will most likely decrease, because I had no EVs to start with at the previous level.

I hope this all helped, and good luck to making this the best guide eva!

Serebii has info, but its suggested specific movesets/EV distibution suck. Go to www.smogon.com for that.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
I'm still confused on what to do, exactly.

Beat the Elite 4.
Breed new Pokes with good baseline stats?
Give them Exp. Share or whatever and fight different wild Pokes and using vitamins, depending on how I want to mold his stats?
Keep training until level 100 and give them TMs?

Yeah, another question. ^_^' If the Poke just participates in a battle (or even using an Exp. Share) does it receive the EVs? Or does it have to directly faint the Poke to get the EVs?
Is that the gist of it?
And this is off-subject, but I forgot. Can you breed Legendaries? Or any Pokes without a gender? And where can I find a Ditto?
Exp. Share passes along the EVs as well and nope you can't breed legendaries. Manaphy can be bred to get Phione (a weaker from of Manaphy) though you can't breed for another Manaphy. As for genderless pokemon yes but you have to use a Ditto to do so.

Dittos can be found on Route 218 using the poketore (after you beat the E4)

Nike.

Smash Hero
OK, this is going to be long and complicated, so bear with me.

Now, at lower levels, EVs aren't as big of a deal. Nintendo made a limitation on the max amount a single stat can have at any specific level. It's only noticed over time that the EVs are taking there effect. What your failing to see is, for example, normally you only get +2 sp. atk per level, and instead your getting +5. That by itself is a noticeable difference, especially at lower levels. When you reach level 100 and you maxed a certain stat, subtract that stat by 63 and that will be the stat if you hadn't done anything for it. Therefore, because of this limitation, progression for an EV'd stat for a pokemon is slow, but worthwhile at the end. Also, if your putting EVs in a stat that is boosted/reduced by a nature, that stat will seem to increase faster/slower, respectively. But thats probably obvious.

This is limited because then we could add +63 to atk and +63 to spd and pwn everything that opponents could send at level 5. That would be only a LITTLE broken >.> . Thats why they made it slow. I wondered the same thing, especially when I was(and still am) EV training my azelf on Gastly's, and when it hit level 51, it only got +6. I once again tried it immediantly afterward with a rare candy and go only +2. Over time, that gap will most likely decrease, because I had no EVs to start with at the previous level.

I hope this all helped, and good luck to making this the best guide eva!

Serebii has info, but its suggested specific movesets/EV distibution suck. Go to www.smogon.com for that.
Thanks, your words were like an angel from heaven to me. I'm glad it just wasn't my Pearl version being broken.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to complain about wasting 15 game hours before my first gym badge just EV training, so...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
LOL I strongly recommend waiting until you beat the elite four nike 20. But thank you ss118 for explaining that. I would have just told you nike 20 to count your ev's like they are there because later on they will show up.

ss118

Smash Master
Thanks, your words were like an angel from heaven to me. I'm glad it just wasn't my Pearl version being broken.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to complain about wasting 15 game hours before my first gym badge just EV training, so...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
lol. No problem, it was the first rant I've ever given online, so I hope it helps.

On a side note, Kamikazee, I believe this guide would be better suited as an "EV Finder Guide", or something along those lines. To be frank, the whole guide is very uninformative. Or maybe that's just to me, and I have experience with EVs. I'm not saying its bad, I'm just saying there are tons of guides out there that tell you what EVs are that are much more in-depth and very long. Yours only scratches the smallest part of a big surface, and leaves much to desire.

I, personally, have a great understanding of EVs and know inside and out how they work. What troubles me is finding a very good place to EV train. As far as I've seen, no other forum or website gives a list of places to train for EVs.

Except this one. And that is why there's hope.

By using what you already have in the guide, what we can gather from the experiences of members, and also based upon your own experience, I believe that this can become a very successful EV finding guide. The first of its kind.

You can do it. I know you can.

........excuse me if there IS another EV finder guide, or if I come off to you as an ***. I don't mean to be. I just want what I believe would be best for the entirety of the board and its members, both current and future ones.

Steel Wing

Smash Rookie
I'd have to agree ss118 this guide isn't really anything special YET but it really could be if we get enough people working on it. How do you think that the charcter guides got as good as they are.

Sorry if it seems like I'm caseing on you all the time Kami but you post alot of crap it just seems that your tring to boost your post count.

Top Bottom