• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down for some Smash?

Dr.Pancake

Smash Rookie
Okay

So every day from 10-4pm every weekday of this summer (Starting today) me and my friends play N64 Smash at our friend Cody's house. this will NOT be a tournament like environment, this will all be just for fun, but it's good practice because we consider ourselves up to par on our skill levels.

This is located in South San Jose, near Oak Grove high school. Everyone is welcome! But please if you would like to come, send me a PM and I'll give you my direct contact number and we'll start playing! Please bring your own controller just incase, we usually have 4, but you never know if one will wonk out on you!

RULES-
We usually do free-for-alls, but we love 1v1's.
No items, 100% damage, 4-5 stock (Depends on how we feel) and any of the league stages (usually we go with the old stand by Hyrule castle)

That's pretty much it!
oh and on a final note, we are all 420 friendly, so if you want to do that here, thats fine with us.

Hope to hear from you!

-Zax

Dr.Pancake

Smash Rookie
I'd be down to play possibly but do you only play on weekdays? I'd be down to play on a weekday before I start work in late June.
We usually always play Mon-Fri. and weekends are a wild card because a lot of us work. But yeah just PM me if you wanna play!

Oh and for real though, If Isai came over and played.. that'd be pretty raw.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Ive really been enjoying the newest smashboards members nickname lately. Except prisonchild. Thats a scary name.

malva00

Smash Master
this will NOT be a tournament like environment, this will all be just for fun
depends on how you define fun.

still fun if you take away your inhalants?

there is a winner and loser in SSB.

still fun if you always lose?

I have the most fun in SSB when I play against skilled warriors who aren't sore losers.

Olikus

Smash Champion
depends on how you define fun.

still fun if you take away your inhalants?

there is a winner and loser in SSB.

still fun if you always lose?

I have the most fun in SSB when I play against skilled warriors who aren't sore losers.
was gerson a sore loser?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I have more fun losing to someone better than me than beating someone [significantly] worse than me.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i only have fun beating players significantly worse than me if they shower me with praise for being so great during the match :awesome:

i reckon the most fun is had when you're playing someone slightly better than you, and you're constantly thinking what you have to do to beat them

i really want to play rom now >_>

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^seriously. It's so much fun having to play perfectly. Knowing that if you mess up once you ARE going to get a **** in your ***. I mean, what's the point of us getting so good at this game, unless we play other skilled players? I mean- I pretty much like this game, to a creepy point, where I'll have a blast destroying a scrub. But lets be honest. If there's no threat of losing, it's a different kind of fun.

<3 competitive smash.

I really want to play Sheer now >__>

Oh, and Dr. Pancake has to be the best tag I've heard of in a while.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
^^seriously. It's so much fun having to play perfectly. Knowing that if you mess up once you ARE going to get a **** in your ***. I mean, what's the point of us getting so good at this game, unless we play other skilled players? I mean- I pretty much like this game, to a creepy point, where I'll have a blast destroying a scrub. But lets be honest. If there's no threat of losing, it's a different kind of fun.

<3 competitive smash.
couldn't agree more. i love the 'challenged' feeling you have when you play competitive. it's when you play less skilled people where you lose the fun. you start to play down to their level because you secretly want to make it competitive but you end up frustrated that you didn't play your best.

it's a vicious cycle i don't want to be a part of!

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Lol well I had no idea malva feels the same as me about ragequitters, cant ****in stand em. Especially whiners who like...give up in their playstyle and just go all "screw this i give up trying baww" :mad:

Dr.Pancake

Smash Rookie
Oh, and Dr. Pancake has to be the best tag I've heard of in a while.

;) thanks!
but I also think everyone here is missing the point! haha of course we are all probably going to get mad that we lost, but we promise we wont throw the controllers through the wall <3

Olikus

Smash Champion
Mint I can assure you. Even if I never played on galaxy. Star King is right. Not all people get mad when they lose. Even on galaxy. The place of the angry smashers.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I can assure you that nobody likes to lose (and if they don't, then they're saints). People just have varying degrees on how to cope with losing. As for myself, I don't like losing but I'm not gonna choke you with my controller or throw it at the TV. It's kind of weird. I dislike losing, but I take it like a champ, and not mind at all pretty quickly. I usually laugh the entire time when I play Smash.

I could fly across the country, get ***** in Smash, get mugged on the way to the airport, and I'll somehow still be okay and happy.

edit: it's kind of a carefree attitude, to be honest.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I like losing (if I'm playing fairly well but still losing, obviously I'm not going to purposely suicide 5 times and have a good time, or if I'm rusty or something and playing bad)

Morin0

Smash Lord
I like losing (if I'm playing fairly well but still losing, obviously I'm not going to purposely suicide 5 times and have a good time, or if I'm rusty or something and playing bad)
Yeah, I imagine that's how it's like for almost everyone. I actually forgot to mention this too. If I did well, I wouldn't care. If I didn't do well, I'd be a bit upset, but I won't rage.

p.s. +rep for those that get the reference in the red

falconpuchyomama

Smash Rookie
Post back from the dead!! My cousins (3 of them) and I get down on smash, we have been since 07 and we always brag about how it would be competing against other opponents but it’s never really happened. Anyways long story short we’re looking to play a friendly 2v2 my squad vs yours, team death match or free for all. We’re all pretty chill and have a usual drink with a smoke session during intermissions. Got game? Hmu, were in San Jose

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Post back from the dead!! My cousins (3 of them) and I get down on smash, we have been since 07 and we always brag about how it would be competing against other opponents but it’s never really happened. Anyways long story short we’re looking to play a friendly 2v2 my squad vs yours, team death match or free for all. We’re all pretty chill and have a usual drink with a smoke session during intermissions. Got game? Hmu, were in San Jose
Post in https://www.facebook.com/groups/1463260857229849/

Top Bottom