• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Cargo Throw

okami473

Smash Apprentice
does anyone know any uses for DK's down cargo throw? ive tried using it to set up ledge guards by short hpping of the ledge to down throw. It seems to sed people less upwards. Correct me if im mistaken and im just crazy and there is no down cargo throw.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
there is a cargo down throw ^^
but it throws straight forward...

i havent managed to use it really effecitve yet, but i think aldwyn used it like this:

fulljump of ledge, Dthrow, rejump Fair

i´m not sure wether that was down or forward though, someone said it was down...

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I almost never use this because I feel that a turnaround back cargo throw offstage is better for setting up an edgeguard, mainly because it sends them farther. Cargo down throw seems so weak as an alternative. I know no other uses for it. Maybe Mexican can enlighten us >.>

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I use this against falcon, ganondorf and luigi when I get a grab near a ledge. I full jump off and down throw cargo, rejump turn around with a charge and grab the ledge. Then I proceed to edgeguard their poor recovery.

Also interesting to note that it has more horizontal knockback than the cargo forward throw, because they can DI the cargo forward throw much more. So on stages with ridiculously close boundaries (pokefloats, rainbow ride comes to my mind), it's pretty good to get gimp kills by just throwing them off.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
If you suicide cargo a fastfaller and down throw at the last moment, he explodes before he can do anything. I know that's not very useful, but...

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
Eh, i don't use this move much. The only time i do is sometimes when i'm on brinstar and the lava/acid is really low, but still there to the point that it can burn you, i grab fox and run off and fast fall and use the d throw so that fox will start bouncing in that stuff forever and rack up damage, and i can usually di above fox so that when he does his up b to try and recover, he hits me up and i recover, and eventually the acid lowers and fox just dies while i'm on the stage either charging my giant punch or taunting. Other than that, i don't really use that move, but pkm sounds like he has a good use for it

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
In teams you can use this move to place the opponent in your teamates way, and you can try jumping out and doing this to space animals, then quickly get back and proceed to edgegaurd. This sends space animals much lower so in case you have them in a grab and their in high percents, I suggest using this instead of a forward throw

velinxs

Smash Rookie
dk's down cargo throw off a ledge to over B spike can work, kindof tricky and well there are better things you can do, but that is one way to use it.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Jump off the stage, d-throw, DJ back a bit, hit them with your u-b recover.

This works best on Falcon and Marth because their recoveries suck balls. This can be semi difficult to pull off on someone who know what to expect though. It's a fairly common tactic in fact. It just isn't used much anymore. It's become outdated by 'crusting. ;)

Top Bottom