• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down-B Recovery

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
I can never get Down-B to go up when I use it in the air. I just do Down-B and then mash B during it, right?

Studmonger

Smash Rookie
That's exactly what you do. If it isn't working for you, then you need to mash B harder. Also remember that you can DI during the down b a little, so after you start it up, pointing your joystick toward the stage will also give you a little horizontal distance. This can be useful for getting close enough to a wall for his up b wall jump, or conversely, for getting far enough away from a stage lip that you don't get stuck underneath it.

bryu_1337

Smash Journeyman
Mashing would definitely be your problem. Also, try using it before you jump back towards the stage. it stalls your momentum a bit so using it early can give you better options closer to the ledge instead of being a sitting duck.

BlixtG

Smash Rookie
I had some problem with getting full height out of the down-b of both Mario and Luigi. What worked for me, though, was to use the nail of my index finger and rapidly slide it back and forth over the button. Also worth to note is that if you do the input fast enough in the early frames of the down-b, you don't have to mash for very long at all. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom