• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down B Hand Slap and its uses

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
This is probably one of my favorite moves in the game. It destroys people who try to play defensively at all. They can't spot dodge, roll, or shield. And if they do any of those just tap B once more and it will almost always hit them when they're done with the spot dodge or roll, and if they keep shielding just keep smacking the ground and it will eat their shield alive. This move forces people to play offensively which is where DK shines with his amazing priority. You'll almost always beat someone if you both attack at the same time. Just use f-tilts and bair spam FTW. It also makes people scared of DK's powah.

Also does anyone know if the range is the same or shorter behind DK?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
This is probably one of my favorite moves in the game. It destroys people who try to play defensively at all. They can't spot dodge, roll, or shield. And if they do any of those just tap B once more and it will almost always hit them when they're done with the spot dodge or roll, and if they keep shielding just keep smacking the ground and it will eat their shield alive. This move forces people to play offensively which is where DK shines with his amazing priority. You'll almost always beat someone if you both attack at the same time. Just use f-tilts and bair spam FTW. It also makes people scared of DK's powah.

Also does anyone know if the range is the same or shorter behind DK?
it has a little less reach behind DK.

I also just had my shield broken by ook when his down b hit me three times

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
it has a little less reach behind DK.

I also just had my shield broken by ook when his down b hit me three times
How did it break your shield? Normally the down+b just gets their shields down really low for me and then shield pokes. Did you move your shield downward or something? And was it 3 hits as in he smacked the ground 3 times or 3 hits as in 3 uses of down+b?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
How did it break your shield? Normally the down+b just gets their shields down really low for me and then shield pokes. Did you move your shield downward or something? And was it 3 hits as in he smacked the ground 3 times or 3 hits as in 3 uses of down+b?
he hit the ground 3 times and, without shield poking, he broke my shield.

I'll upload the game since its a good game and there is an awesome example of my DI.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Can't wait for the video Ripple.

It would be really awesome if there was a sticky completely about the down+b. I really think this move is worthy of a sticky in itself. It's so useful in so many situations. Maybe with a guide about the move in the first post. It would also be great if the poster frequented the boards so that it could get edited with new information unlike the rest of the stickies on the DK board.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Abuse It's absurdly long range. I believe this attack may the the longest range non-projectile in the game. Also it is hard to tell exactly where the hitbox is.
Uhh i wouldn't exactly say that is true, (fox/falco/wolf illusion comes to mind)

On topic, like blank? blink? said its ridiculously good for punishing rolls, and at very low percents almost guarentees 28% damage, who wouldn't take that.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
What are some good follow ups after using the down b? Sometimes I can get in a hyphen smash if they don't air dodge or jump immediately. What does everyone else use?

Smash Apprentice
Down B comes pretty unexpected if enemy was in the air, lands some steps away from you, mostly hits them or ***** the shield.
I also just do like 1 Dtilt or 1 Jab so that people start to shield and just switch to down B what destroys em completely.

I think Down B is that useful for combos since you have some major lag after doing like 1 clap and you' mostly try to use it at full range.
The only thing i could imagine would be UpB:
They can't airdodge it+supershield+ about 20% if you hit it right.

Top Bottom