• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down aerial platform cancel?

Eionio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0232-9517-9180
So I've been doing this for a few months now and I was wondering if it was a thing already or not.

If you hit down air quick enough on the edge of a platform you bounce off the platform sort of to the next one and you can get an aerial in between normally I go for an up air. I hit the c stick down right before I hit the platform and when it's in the right spot it'll let me slip off and I can get another attack in. If I do it right I can do it twice on yoshi's from top platform to a lower one to stage really quickly.

I'm still working on doing it consistently but I feel like if I do it could be a valuable tool because there is almost no lag to it.

I've looked for videos of other people doing this and I haven't found anything, I'm hoping some other Mario mains know what I'm talking about,l and could maybe tell me if this is useful at all because it feels really good.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
I pretty sure you just described an edge cancel. Which is a tech that everyone character can do with any aerial. You just land close enough to the edge with enough momentum to slide off, which cancels landing lag. Y.Links use this a lot of Dair because of its long landing lag.

Here is a vid I saw the other day of Jeapie styling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB2uLINYbhs
Right at the start his does a dair edgecancel to upair on the top platform.

Eionio

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0232-9517-9180
I pretty sure you just described an edge cancel. Which is a tech that everyone character can do with any aerial. You just land close enough to the edge with enough momentum to slide off, which cancels landing lag. Y.Links use this a lot of Dair because of its long landing lag.

I figured it was something like that I can't really do it with any other character though, since I play Mario almost exclusively I've only been playing for real for about a year now so a lot of tech seems really new to me. Thanks.

Top Bottom