• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles tier list?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
alot of stupidity in here

no offense
loool, if you think there's so much "stupidity" going on, why don't you contribute to the topic at hand and call out our "stupidity" instead of making a useless post about our "stupidity" and not contributing to the topic?

A double samus team came 2nd in a melee tourney last sunday
Anything can happen in locals, like Wink said a couple posts earlier. But if we are posting proof of how good Samus is in teams, the best proof out there is Hbox + Plup.

I saw the set though, double Samus being very aggravating to fight against with missiles and charge shots flying everywhere. However, I dunno about Dreamland, I think a stage like Pokemon would've been better.

Also, a doubles tip: when you're fighting a team that has a floaty like Puff, Peach, or Samus, the most important thing is to keep both separated and focus on one rather than try to split into 1vs1. Although the floaties have great recoveries, they also take a long time to make it back to the stage due to their mobility not being very fast. Not to mention that floaties like Samus, Peach and Puff also have really strong defensive punish games in moves like:
  • Peach's Nair out of shield
  • Samus's Screw Attack
  • Jigg's Rest
  • Anything Crouch Cancelled at low percentages
The best strategy is to force a floaty to approach by ambushing their teammate, specially if it's a fast-faller like Fox or C. Falcon who can get trapped in team-combos (i.e., create a "sandwich" between you and your teammate). This is just something I didn't see either team doing in that video you uploaded: so for example, when one of the Samus was offstage, it would have been better for the fast character (C. Falcon) to stop edgeguarding her and run after the other one that Peach was keeping busy. Even if the other Samus makes it back onstage, the other one is probably already KO'd and they're down a stock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom