• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double-jump cancelling.

Kati

Smash Lord
Hello,

I don't play any character with this ability, so I'm pretty clueless as to what can be achieved by the DJC. I know there must be a purpose it serves, but I can't fathom it.

So yeah... could any Yoshi, Ness, Lucas, or Peach mains educate me?

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
The most common applications I see them used for are a) to string together very quick aerial juggles, basically a faster SHFFL, and b) to surprise opponents with falling aerials that wouldn't normally be able to reach them. Lucas can also use it to do aerial PKFreeze cancels more quickly, which is rather useful. If you watch a good Lucas, you'll probably see them start combos with DJCed PKF pretty frequently.

This video shows some really good use of DJCing. It's a melee video, but it's the same concept. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbqze0rnfQs&NR

GMaster171

Smash Ace
It depends on who is using it, Peach actually has much less use for hers, because her float is many times better for any height aerials, and she actually can't do extremely low height aerials (she dips a lot in her 2nd jump, she lands if you do it to early.)

Now I don't exactly know where Yoshi or Lucas impliments them compared to Ness, but Ness has lots of options with his. DJC bair hits nearly below the stage, easily poking through ans shields that have been up for more than a second. Dair, being sped up, can be DJC'd after a dash for a deadly tech chase. DJC nair is one of the best gtfo moves Ness has, and finally Uair can string onto itself two or three times, or get sudden kills at higher %s. In addition, because he can use all these OOS and gets a fair amount of horizontal movement when doing a DJC, hitting Ness shield even from the back is dangerous.

applications I know to work would be (on spacies/Falcon) u-throw->DJC uair->u-throw->DJC uair 2/3 times->dair/bair to finish. This is pretty much guaranteed at low %s, and is only broken of they DI off the stage, or if they DI onto a platform after a DJC uair (if they DI the throw, a full hop DJC will catch them and place you on the plat as well.)

There are more uses, these are just a few lol.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
DJC aerials end faster than shffl aerials, are situationally safer to use, and allow followups that normal ones do not.

The don't come out any faster at all lol

It's literally impossible for them to come out any faster than a shffl'd aerial and would by input and necessary delay have to come out slower than them if even by one frame.

There is absolutely no way a DJC aerials come out faster than normal ones.

Dron

Smash Apprentice
yeah you're right, I misspoke

I guess I meant that they come out "lower," not faster

MaxThunder

PM Support
It depends on who is using it, Peach actually has much less use for hers, because her float is many times better for any height aerials, and she actually can't do extremely low height aerials (she dips a lot in her 2nd jump, she lands if you do it to early.)
she can do djc d-smash out of shield...
though i've never seen anyone do it... wonder why...

GMaster171

Smash Ace
she can do djc d-smash out of shield...
though i've never seen anyone do it... wonder why...
She can, its just one of those things that have high risk reward (its harder than WDOOS, you have to let go of shield right as you do it, else you'll just be stuck where you were.), if she messes it up, shes gonna get punished hard. For most situations, nair is much more reliable and easy to do, and gets enough of a reward especially consider how often Peach has a chance to do this.

If you want to get picky, its not really referred to as DJC, its called DJL (Double jump landing). Ness can do it also, it just has different uses compared to DJC.

Top Bottom