• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Dair - An online Smash64 Tournament (with cash prizes) SIGN-UPS CLOSED

Near²

Banned via Warnings
I didn't really "forget" per se. I mean, I remember thinking that I clicked the button, so it was in my conscious mind. But when I checked for the krec later it wasn't there, and I don't know why. Don't know what to tell Dexter.
Sometimes I forget to check the record box again when I open and close Kaillera because of a desync. It happened with my first match, lol.

Let's get some DQ's going nova

this always happens, tourney goes well at first then people get lazy and matches take forever/die because the good players are bums and the not-as-good-but-still-in players know they're gonna lose and don't bother to contact.
This is why I think tourneys where you pay to enter is a good idea. It would filter out all the flakes because who would want to give out money for free?

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Haven't seen sextc in a while, if he doesnt show up by friday hes DQ'd.

If near vs mahie doesn't happen today, someones getting DQ'd tomorrow. I'm not gonna wait till the 28th for that match to be played. Battlecow has been waiting for a while.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
There won't be a next one (atleast not hosted by me) because people aren't playing their matches now.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I wouldn't play in a p2p tourney

not that it wouldn't be fair

I just don't wanna play in 4 frames

This tourney went surprisingly well at first. Sad that people flake after the first blush of excitement dies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
How do I get on the NA skype group? Mahie apparently wants to be contacted through that... checking smashboards would be way easier but whatever I'll seek him out

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Due to people saying "*** it" to this tourney and not playing their matches, I am reducing the payout to $10 for 1st place, $5 for 2nd place and $1 for third place.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea **** bums. We should do a tournament that requires each player to deposit $5-10, and they only get their money back if they finish all of their matches.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Yea **** bums. We should do a tournament that requires each player to deposit $5-10, and they only get their money back if they finish all of their matches.
thats a good idea but there would still be a low turnout even with a deposit. people just cant be bothered to finish their matches

Battlecow

Play to Win
Huh, I disapprove

MATTS! version 2 IMO, it's kind of your money but if you offer a payment, you pay it to the winners

Yeah it's obnoxious but people entered based on those prizes and you don't get to yank like that. Especially since the people who are gonna get them (dex, killer) have been really good about doing their matches

Olikus

Smash Champion
yeah, its bad for dex and killer who played all their matches very fast and looks like they going to win.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Huh, I disapprove

MATTS! version 2 IMO, it's kind of your money but if you offer a payment, you pay it to the winners

Yeah it's obnoxious but people entered based on those prizes and you don't get to yank like that. Especially since the people who are gonna get them (dex, killer) have been really good about doing their matches
How am I like matts? He didn't give any money. 3 people have gone completely AFK from the internet for over a week during this tournament(star king, mahie, now sextc) and you couldn't contact them. People don't care about this tourney so I'm not gonna give a full payout. Full payout was based on everyone playing their matches. Those people ruined it for everyone.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Uh, you're punishing good and assiduous players because some scrubs flaked. That's wack, man. I guess you didn't have to provide money in the first place, so you're cool? But eh it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and looks exactly like what MATTS! did (same justification and everything)

Next tourney I run one of the prerequisites for entering is gonna be a short essay about why I can trust you to play your matches and there's gonna be a 4 day time limit-24 hours to PM, 24 to respond, and 48 to play at the preset time, with strict DQ'ing. Honestly that seems like the only way to fix this.

On that note, I'm done looking for mahie. I'm a busy guy, and while I'm willing to prioritize this tourney it doesn't seem fair that I should have to hang out on skype for hours in the hopes of running into him because he can't be bothered to provide an email or check his smashboards PM's or provide a non-****ty way of reaching him. My advice is to DQ the guy already, he obviously hasn't been keeping up with the tourney. But you do you.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I'll give u, dex and killer the full money, everyone else, no.

Mahie vs Battlecow - Mahie will be DQ'd if he doesn't show up by 6pm est sunday night since he's lazy.

sextc vs Star King - sextc will be DQ'd if he does not show up by 6pm est sunday night since he has been gone all week.

Near²

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I left 'cause I didn't want to hold up the tournament since Mahie didn't respond, and I wouldn't generally be able to play after the date I stated. Mahie still hasn't read my PM. :laugh:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I was gone for like 4 days during the Bane round

sextc I've been completely unable to find for over a week and I've definitely been around

Battlecow

Play to Win
Mahie PM'd me which I appreciate, said he was busy and hoped to see me tonight (not sure what night means to a frenchie)

I asked him for a time, hopefully we can get it done

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
really pitiful to see that even when one doesn't even need to leave one's own home, he doesn't even play a tournament match

the spirit of competition right

mixa

Banned via Warnings
nonono the correct post should be: "our match is over but I won't talk about the results, here's the video."

The Star King

Smash Hero
Good to hear Nova

I beat Dexter 3-1 also

mixa I didn't record vs Battlecow, maybe he did though

Dext3rM.

Smash Apprentice
my video card crahsed in the match 4 i was 2 stocks 90% and SK 1 stock 90% so we decided to redo with same stocks and % unfortunley i lost all the curse of the fight and lost the match im verry sad for that and i check my krec files and theres nothing recorded i just have the part 2 of the 4th match once again i cant upload nothing im so cursed for this things (ULTRA SAD FACE) :(

Sangoku

Smash Master
^ROFL I guess it's better that way. Both wins get no vids, I guess it's fair.

Now against Killer, please record (and send me the KREC)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
SK proving that rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated

and once all the lames go away the matches progress pretty quickly

this is gonna be a pretty HYPE GF's

Sangoku

Smash Master
I'm not sure, but I'd say because it's not fair for Killer. Since SK was sent to loser bracket earlier and Killer was not, it would mean that a single loss from Killer makes him lose the tourney while a single loss from Star King does not.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea generally the winner's bracket winner only has to win one bo7 in GF, and the loser has to win 2 bo7's. The idea behind this is its double elimination, and killer is still at 0 eliminations, while star king is already at one. Not trying to change up what you're doing though, I was just curious.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I think that only applies if Star King and Killer had played in winner's semi's.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
battlecow
Battlecow, watch yourself, you don't understand the RUNNING of a tourney as when people don't play their matches. I've had THE biggest tourneys hosted here for smash 64, and the MOST. When you run a tourney with cash prizes, and people flake out, it's not fair to others that get FREE RIDES to the PRIZE. As others have to work more and play more matches, therefore making it unfair. Nova should reduce the prize's due to people FAKING AFK, and ignoring their matches, cause they don't wanna been seen losing to this person or that person. It's sad, people do this ****, shows how JUNKY our community is. I've been through it years ago when I have ran my other tourneys. Yea people join seeking that prize that was displayed, but we all know as a community how online works, that's why being fair for a justice of delivering a promise gift is unfair if somebody flakes a match or just doesn't give a **** an roll's out. It's Nova's tourney, it's his money, he can do what he wants.

Also I though if the loser WON the Grand Finals they would have to play a 2nd set since Killer is the main winner for the grand Finals?

I don't know Nova's rules for this tourney.

Don't be hating battlecow, The Great MATTS!

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Actually, Star King will have to win 2 sets to win the tourney and killer just has to win 1.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Battlecow, watch yourself, you don't understand the RUNNING of a tourney as when people don't play their matches. I've had THE biggest tourneys hosted here for smash 64, and the MOST. When you run a tourney with cash prizes, and people flake out, it's not fair to others that get FREE RIDES to the PRIZE. As others have to work more and play more matches, therefore making it unfair. Nova should reduce the prize's due to people FAKING AFK, and ignoring their matches, cause they don't wanna been seen losing to this person or that person. It's sad, people do this ****, shows how JUNKY our community is. I've been through it years ago when I have ran my other tourneys. Yea people join seeking that prize that was displayed, but we all know as a community how online works, that's why being fair for a justice of delivering a promise gift is unfair if somebody flakes a match or just doesn't give a **** an roll's out. It's Nova's tourney, it's his money, he can do what he wants.

Also I though if the loser WON the Grand Finals they would have to play a 2nd set since Killer is the main winner for the grand Finals?

I don't know Nova's rules for this tourney.

Don't be hating battlecow, The Great MATTS!

Don't try to act like the injured party. You're funny to some people (I guess? Never got it myself) but you ****ed with Jaime hard and the dude played for you and ****. Asshole move.

Top Bottom