• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DotA 2: 6.83 patch, The International 5 on the way!

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Wand is an amazing item in all games on all heroes. Useful active + slot efficient stats? Hell yeah!

Ew Lycan jungle. If you want to play Lycan run him safelane. When you have to suicide to be efficient, you know there is a problem.

I'm not too fond of the soul ring recipe start, I'll do it on Dark Seer if I feel like it will be an easy lane for me. It's most certainly not required though.

I don't play much Timber, but Mana Boots early game > Bloodstone is usually the way to go. Oh, and when you're getting the soul booster make sure to disassemble the mana boots to get the energy booster back instead of buying another one. Radiance seems very situational on him.

Also, every item is situational. Part of your ability to play Dota is to analyze the match and buy what you think is best.

EDIT - I run Furion hardlane. I've done him mid on radiant a couple times, it was okay. I just used Treants to push up the wave, then went and farmed the medium or hard camp, then went back to lane.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Is a mid Doom inferior to a Jungle Doom? I wanted to run mix doom for early ultimate. Random people in pubs forced me to jungle with branches in my inventory.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Is a mid Doom inferior to a Jungle Doom? I wanted to run mix doom for early ultimate. Random people in pubs forced me to jungle with branches in my inventory.
Laning will almost always have better payoff than the jungle. Doom jungle is really vulnerable.

Living the dream. Full baller mode wraith king. Beat a few 5ks in that game too which made me feel better. :D

Also in other news TB jungle is actually legit

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
I think that most heroes suck jungle lvl 1 unless it's a Chen or an Enchantress. As of this patch (which will hopefully be over soon) I think Doom is best in the offlane. His ability to secure farm no matter how hard the lane in addition to how flexible he is with items let him fit in to many lineups.

Mid Doom is okay, but he has a tough time against a lot of common mid heroes.

When techies come out I'm not playing them for the 1st week.
I'm just going to avoid AP altogether. If I get him in SD or RD, then why not.

Also in other news TB jungle is actually legit
Really? Do you like... Meta the hard camp or something?

Last edited:

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Enigma wants a word with you.

Went to edit the thread title and had to chuckle at this being the second post.
Oh right, Enigma, forgot about him.
I sat there for like 5 minutes making sure I wasn't forgetting anyone, 'course I did :x

Also, is it wrong that I'm more hype for the Techies announcer than I am for Techies themselves?
I just love their VA so much.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I remember when I thought it was a breath of fresh air to see Brew in a pro match.

Not exactly sure what you're asking .-.
I still like seeing Brew in matches. I feel like he encourages smart and interactive game play. I don't like seeing Tinker because he encourages heavy turtling and mindless chasing. While Void and Sky Wraith just encourage hit and run engagements until you hit maximum capacity. =/

I'm not a fan of those three right now. Brew is fine tho.

Razor is an issue because he just outright ruins half of the cast in the laning phase and makes for kind of boring(I hate using that word to describe this) game play in the laning phase.

Same thing with Viper but he falls off so hard that I don't mind.

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS.

edit:

I need to do both simultaneously. Maybe I need to win every game before my team can feed.
Not actually that big of a deal. If you can secure farm and can buy wards and communicate to them where to place them you should be ok. The biggest differences in mmr play is farming rotations and knowing when to fight. If you can yell enough it should work out.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I played against Viper with Mirana and he is an absolute nightmare when your team can't communicate. Even in the late game he bought heart and nobody wanted to focus him. He just needed to slow everyone every fight and ult somebody to win fights throughout the game.
It was the dumbest.

Last edited:

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
So Techies is a thing.
Would much rather have 6.82, but I guess this is alright.
I kind of want to get absurdly good at Techies just to be that guy. Don't know if I can do that at my 3k MMR scrubbiness though. Ah well, ofta the pubs I go.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
instapick pubscrubbers and get 30 kills

trust me you can do it I believe in you
I've done it before. The most OP pub heros are the supports. Nobody can ruin your lane, and if someone catches on to the fact that you are helping them, then you can have 2 fed heros on your team. Enigma, Shadow Damon , Rubick, Sandking, Princess of the Moon, Earth Shaker. Dumb hardlaners are also great. Undy, clockwork, Axe, NP, Timbersnack, Sniffle Back, and the list goes on. I also have won all 5 of my Riki games.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Techies are such a dumb hero. Not even riki level annoyance. The only thing that is funny is when someone is playing techies on my team and I get to see the enemy walk onto literally every mine around them. Never stops being funny.

As far as dumb pub heros, Pudge can likely get more kills, but I guess fed techies have ridiculous late game.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Techies are such a dumb hero. Not even riki level annoyance. The only thing that is funny is when someone is playing techies on my team and I get to see the enemy walk onto literally every mine around them. Never stops being funny.

As far as dumb pub heros, Pudge can likely get more kills, but I guess fed techies have ridiculous late game.
I really dislike Techies. I wish he just stayed out of D2 tbh. Not even because of the hero but the mentality everyone has around him. That mentality WON'T die.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
The never buy detection mentality?

If Techies can be in Dota 2 then why can't I have Pichu PMDT?

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Had a game yesterday where techies was strategically picked last to avoid counterpicks. As disruptor I just got a gem after arcanes and we were wrecking them the rest of the game.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Haha.

<3 my bracket because they buy detection a ton.
I always support in games where I'm up against invis heroes or junglers. It is really fun to ruin the day of someone who thinks they will win their lane as Riki or jungle without any resistance.

@ Mic_128 Mic_128 Other than Zeus and maybe Aghs KotL, don't you counterpick techies with gem anyway?

I can see Techies as a counter to other pubstomp heros like Riki and Slark. I think techies hardlane is also amazing if you play it right. I know that if you just stack ancients you can make up a lot of the farm Techies misses normally.

Zeus is so fun to destroy invis heroes with, especially Brood. Thank you based Icefrog for point target Lightning Bolt.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just got beast master and get an early Gem. It's the easiest counter honestly.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Nah, Beast + Techies combo is imba. All you need is to stack ancients with Techies and have BoT farmed at around 15 min. Beast can then send in the bird near their fountain. Every time you kill somebody they die twice in a row. Later game, backdoor towers with this strategy.

In all seriousness though Techs make for decent pushers, so they aren't completely worthless.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Nah, Beast + Techies combo is imba. All you need is to stack ancients with Techies and have BoT farmed at around 15 min. Beast can then send in the bird near their fountain. Every time you kill somebody they die twice in a row. Later game, backdoor towers with this strategy.

In all seriousness though Techs make for decent pushers, so they aren't completely worthless.
Them bombs do some deeps

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
I like playing Techies a lot. There is some sort of childlike glee that I get from asploding people.

That and the first blood silliness that you can pull off with Suicide Squad is pretty great. Techies + Tusk anyone?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I like playing Techies a lot. There is some sort of childlike glee that I get from asploding people.

That and the first blood silliness that you can pull off with Suicide Squad is pretty great. Techies + Tusk anyone?
Techies vs Tusk got patched :*( but snowball suicide is still fun...

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Woah, that must have been unintended. Does that mean that If NP is on my team I can send tons of Treeants into my snowball and do absurd damage? Engima, NP, and Tusk as an aggro-trilane confirmed to be real?
@ Mic_128 Mic_128 What is wrong with your title under your username? Strong Bad's is written in broken english too, but with more brony.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
A friend made a bunch of us avatars in paint while, uh, intoxicated, and me and Strongbad liked the drunken descriptions of them

Top Bottom