• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't you think its time for a new franchise character from Nintendo?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Last edited:

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Since Shulk was introduced into Smash, I always had a very unrealistic wish that Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You might've had a chance too, especially since his game was one of the few DS exclusives that made me LOVE the stylus. Granted, Shulk's game was published directly by Nintendo while the other was not.

I feel like it could've been a major system seller had it been advertised a bit more though.

Other than that, would adopting Megaman and using his franchise to its fullest be acceptable? He hasn't had much action lately, unfortunately. Other than Smash Bros, which I am definitely not complaining about.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Other than that, would adopting Megaman and using his franchise to its fullest be acceptable? He hasn't had much action lately, unfortunately. Other than Smash Bros, which I am definitely not complaining about.
I could honestly see it, yeah. I mean, Capcom doesn't seem to want anything to do with him anymore, outside of (mostly) half-assed cameos and canceled games.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Yup.

Golden Sun is not dead but definitely needs revival (Dark Dawn was still not bad though). Same for Metroid which got Other M (which I have heard has decent combat but horrible story). Both series got a previous entry in 2010, and both received a lukewarm response, lower than expected that is for sure.

F-Zero may be possible (last entry was GX on Gamecube) after seeing the Mario Kart 8 DLC pack with Mute City. Duck Hunt might be possible considering they put him in the game and even had the zapper for the DHD trailer.

I don't know much about ROB.
I'm not sure about the possibility of a Duck Hunt IP revival. The Duck Hunt game neither have a developped universe or a plot, contrary to Kid Icarus prior to Uprising, and DHD was added to Smash mostly to represent the NES zapper in a whole because it seems that Sakurai likes to give playable reps for interactive Nintendo accessories, which are an important part of its history. There's maybe potential for a cartoony shooter where the dog and a duck form a duo inspired from their SSB4 appearance, but people at Nintendo either have to create a new game with no developped universe or plot, or they have to create them almost from scratch.

R.O.B. is in a even worse case because its whole concept was to be a real-life controlled video game character, mainly to counter the video game crash in realy 80s; at this time nobody wanted video games so Nintendo released a video game disguised in a toy. A such concept would hardly have any point in today's market and would probably fail horribly from a commercial point of view nowadays.

Another franchise I'd like to see revived is The Mysterious Murasame Castle. Once I was bored so I went to the eShop without real point, until I found this title. "Oh, it's the game where Takamaru comes from? An Assist Trophy who was widely requested for playable role, let's see that." And it's really a fun game! It is very fast-placed and challenging, moving fast and choosing your path quickly are the key of the success; I recommend it to everyone looking for an action game with high but fair difficulty. Hopefully a new game from the franchise with the same heavily action-based spirit and high difficulty will be announced soon!

An Ice Climber IP revival could be possible, I see actual potential; for example it could be a collect-a-thon where you could recruit more climbers and use various items to climb or fight. But with the Ice Climbers not only being cut for technical issues but also being low priority due to being from a sterile, anecdotal franchise with low potential to actually get a new game I just think that it's now one of those IPs Nintendo will just do nothing about; at least they did something with Kid Icarus after Brawl. But who knows, maybe the fan demand will allow the series to be revived, thus fully justifying the return of ICs in the next Smash...

Top Bottom