• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't you love it when people scream, "SONIC IS CHEAP!"?

SamusTheHedgehog

Smash Cadet
Tier :(

Sonic's place on the tier list i would say is wrong, but he is far from being the best. My friend thinks that too (mainly because i outmanuver him in 2 out of 3 matches)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Well, I don't find Sonic to be that cheap.

Maybe it's just because of Yoshi's moves and matchups.

His Final Smash is, without a doubt, cheap.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't find Sonic to be that cheap.

Maybe it's just because of Yoshi's moves and matchups.

His Final Smash is, without a doubt, cheap.
(shaking head) *sigh*.....just don't let Sonic get the smash ball and you'll be fine (or just turn items off). hahaha

Sonic's place on the tier list i would say is wrong, but he is far from being the best. My friend thinks that too (mainly because i outmanuver him in 2 out of 3 matches)
I do not worry too much about the tier list, or pay attention to much to them. Yes, there are gonna be some aspects that Sonic has a complete disadvantage, but the character is only as good as the person that plays the character. Look at SonicLucario, BT, Boxob, Lucky....they all play Sonic REALLY well (Sorry to those I forgot). As much as talent matters, playing smart is a huge key to success. A smart player with a low tier character can beat a talented player using a top-tier character any day.

.....and that's my mini-tier rant for the day.....tier lists ftl

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Sonic is WITHOUT question not bottom tier. There is no way! He is just the hardest character to master and so most casual (or newbie) players flock towards the easy win characters. All the characters in this game require some degree of skill (though Pit is questionable for me) but Sonic is the mindgame master. Personally I hate the idea of tiers. Power isn't everything in terms of scoring KO's and last I checked, he was called "Sonic" for a reason...
Thank you. the "tier" list in actuality, isn't a list of who's best in brawl, but who people spam with the most in toruneys at the time. that's all. sonic may not even be low tier, but guess what? we won't know until SOME peoples stop riding on Snake and metas nutz and try someone else that requires talent. So what he take more time to play? so f'ing what? Pick a high tier character you don't play, and show them what real gay is. Or worse yet, choose meta. I do when I feel horribly lazy, and don't wanna work for my wins.

But honestly, I do it to show how much they are wrong. That's the best way I can think of to show them.

but yeah, for a character who is the fastest, one of the better recoveries in the game, and is the mindgame master of brawl, i'm sorry, i refuse to be sold on that. Its a greuling process, but I'm really trying to milk this guy for all he's worth.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
NO !!!! I HATE IT SO MUCH WHEN THEY CALL SONIC CHEAP!

Today I used Sonic so some ***noob called me cheap so next battle he was Sonic and I was Captain Falcon .So offcourse I was winning with ease. Then he used No Contest and said he's not good at being cheap!

Seriously, since when is being cheap hard? Doesn't being cheap mean thet you get an easy win without much skill? Apperantly being cheap requires skill.... Thats pretty new to me. -_-

Veil2222

Smash Journeyman
Being cheap is playing metaknight and spamming b moves all over the place. As for tiers, they're mostly a guide to which characters have the highest ability cealing, how easy it is to get to that cealing, and how naturally effective they are against the rest of the cast. Meta is so far up there not because his cealing is high, but the characters natural ability can shove any noob who plays them up a few notches on the "threat" scale. Snake is way up there because he has a high cealing and superior matchup in many cases.

The reason sonic is lower tier is he has a medium cealing, low matchup ability, and it takes a fair bit of skill to hit his cealing, as oppose to metaknight who has a medium-high cealing, top matchup ability, and low skill to hit his cealing.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
getting more frequent complaints about : Fsmash, HA, ASC, and double springs lol!

Top Bottom