• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Get 4 Stocked! - Results & Shoutouts Thread

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Project M Tournament
War Torn Front, Manteca, CA

SINGLES (31 entrants)
Entry Fee: $5.00

1: choknater ($75.00) :nessmelee:
2: SlayerS | BoNeR 420 ($37.50):ganondorf::ike:
3: E102 ($12.50):zeldamelee:
4: Ames:mario2:
5: RedX:link2:
5: Murio (uCool):dk2::mario2:
7: Skootarius:toonlink:
7: 3BK:zerosuitsamus:
9: DABES
9: Faded
9: ItalianStallion
9: MilkWaffles
13: Lardarius
13: Cake
13: GrimBunnie
13: Chaos
17: ZAP
17: DarkFlameMaster
17: MrSaulcy
17: H G
17: RMTZ
17: Salted Milk
17: MATASD
17: Korrag
25: Gandalf
25: Ghost
25: StewBoigah
25: Snah
25: Leaf Man
25: Xero
25: RORS

Bracket Image:

TEAMS (11 teams)
Entry Fee: $5.00 per team

1: Don't Lose Your Way (Kill La Kill) (choknater:marth::fox: & RJ:roypm:)
2: Awesome Sauce (RedX:link2: & Ames:zeldamelee:)
3: Team Vodka (ItalianStallion:marth: & Skootarius:marth:)
4: Samurai Panthers (Chaos:samus2: & Slayers | BoNeR 420:ganondorf:)
5: Brotherhood (Klond & TRWZR)
5: Wavedash (Ghost & Murio [uCool])
7: Head Love Hug Gang (DABES & MilkWaffles)
7: JDM (Scotch & Vodka)
9: JoeBags & Bobags (JoeBags & Bobags)
9: Malibooty (TYBG & Xero)
9: Team Name (H G & Korrag)

Bracket Image:

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/478537528919461/
Original smashboards thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-1-2014-dont-get-4-stocked-project-m-tournament-manteca-ca.347466/
New smashboards ranking page: http://smashboards.com/rankings/singles.516/event (claim your points!)

TO's:
Robert Perez (UCool, or murio on smashboards)
Andre Felix (choknater)

Venue home page: http://www.wartornfront.com/
Venue facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wartornfront

Will update with more info soon!! Thanks for coming everybody!

Last edited:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Just some of my personal shoutouts:

Robert - dude great working with you. this was a great event with a much better turnout than i expected! i'll let you know ASAP my free weekends and i hope we can get another one of these fired up! i talked to the guys at WarTornFront and they all said we did a great job, ran it well, had a good turnout, and would love to have us back!!

RJ - kill la kill baybee

Spenser aka SlayerS | BoNeR 420 - GG's and i hope you take us to the studios next time if you know what i'm saying ;)

RedX - lots of competitive drive in you man i hope to see you again. awesome games in teams and singles

E102 - suck zelda man and gg's

Ames - hope to see u again man. i hope you didn't get in too much trouble with that towing situation!

Stallion - super fun dude. mewtwo baby!

MilkWaffles - man nice comeback from losers dude! it was tough to get such a good player in an early round!

thanks to pretty much everybody for being very positive and cooperative.
thanks to everybody who drove a very far distance, especially those of you from Sac, Benicia, Porterville, San Jose, and Menlo Park!
and most of all thank you to the venue War Torn Front for being great hosts as always! such a chill and spacious place! hope you guys continue to thrive

Last edited:

Outthere

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3325-3164-3360
Loved the tournament, will definitely be at the next one!

Shoutouts:
RedX: Man your Link is too fast! Next time expect an upgraded Samus though :p
DABES: Was great playing your Yoshi! That down special THOUGH!
DarkFlameMaster: Most intense set of my life!! Still can't believe the DI I pulled off! Too bad it wasn't recorded :(
choknater: Props, man. Easily one of the best players I've seen! Ness is the truth
Slayer's Boner 420: Love your name
E102: Hey, at least now I don't feel bad about you beating the living crap out of me :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
thanks dude! Ness is the truth!!! :ness:

shoutouts to taunt cancels

okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay
okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay okay

Last edited:

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
Thank you all for a super cool tourney! It was my first Project M tourney, and it was Skootarius's and RMTZ's first tourney ever. I'm glad that their first tourney was one that was filled with cool and chill dudes. We'll try to make it out to as many as we can, but it all depends on where we are all on money issues, work schedules, and school stuff. Porterville is a long ways away. I enjoyed playing against everyone I played, but I have some shoutouts for those I'm remembering at the moment:

Murio: Thanks for putting this thing together. Your Mario was so smooth! I hope to play you more next time.

Choknater: Thanks for organizing the tourney as well. Every time you taunt cancelled, I creamed my jeans. You're definitely doing crazy things with Ness and I am determined to be more of a challenge for it next time. Also, the Mewtwo ditto money match was like my highlight of the tourney.

Cake: Stick with DDD. He's the best character and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :cool: Also, I can't even fathom playing the way you did by holding your control stick with two fingers. :eek:

E102: Easily the most aggravating match for me out of the tourney, but take that as a compliment. Your reaction time and decision making were spot on.

3BK: Your finals combos on my Charizard to take the set were super slick. It was my first time playing a legit ZSS and you showed me that she can put in work.

Faded: I greatly enjoyed our friendlies. We'll have to play more next time.

Gandalf (I hope this is the correct tag): If I remember correctly, you were the Ganon player I played a ton of friendlies with. Watch Bizarro Falme's Ganon for a good example of a really fast and technical Ganon.

Skootarius: You suck. Your Toon Link is the epitome of awful. Also, it was messed up that you fell asleep on the way home leaving me the only one awake in the car. Nothing to entertain me but the radio...

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm also tired for being on the road 3 hours. I'll post later when more shoutouts come to mind.

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

Robert - dude great working with you. this was a great event with a much better turnout than i expected! i'll let you know ASAP my free weekends and i hope we can get another one of these fired up! i talked to the guys at WarTornFront and they all said we did a great job, ran it well, had a good turnout, and would love to have us back!!

RJ - kill la kill baybee

Spenser aka SlayerS | BoNeR 420 - GG's and i hope you take us to the studios next time if you know what i'm saying ;)

RedX - lots of competitive drive in you man i hope to see you again. awesome games in teams and singles

Ames - hope to see u again man. i hope you didn't get in too much trouble with that towing situation!

MilkWaffles - man nice comeback from losers dude! it was tough to get such a good player in an early round!

thanks to everybody who drove a very far distance, especially those of you from Sac, Benicia, Porterville, San Jose, and Menlo Park!
and most of all thank you to the venue War Torn Front for being great hosts as always! such a chill and spacious place! hope you guys continue to thrive
Andre - It was great working with you too, we accomplished everything we set out to do and it worked out great. I look forward to planning the next one!

Ghost - Thanks for helping us set this up too!

RJ - It was cool officially meeting you for the second time

Spenser aka SlayerS | BoNeR 420 - I'll get you next time for sure. I thought i had it in the bag after the first round, but you slapped me and said "no."

RedX - Awesome set man, your Link is amazing, keep it up!

E102 - We didnt have a match together, but that Zelda...wow.

Ames - I didnt get a chance to play you, but i really enjoyed watching your mario. I'm glad everything worked out and you were able to stay for a bit longer.

Stalltion - I enjoyed our matches together "The power of Mewtwo" haha

MilkWaffles - your Marth dude, Although I took the set, it could have easily gone the other way. Great games and i look forward to seeing you at the next one.

I appreciate everyone coming down to support and further solidify the Central Valley CA scene, we are officially larger than we were Friday night. Thanks to everyone for being respectful to the venue and each other, there were no crazy disputes or drama of any kind. As always, Thank you War Torn for being so supportive and allowing us to host!

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Thank you all for a super cool tourney! It was my first Project M tourney, and it was Skootarius's and RMTZ's first tourney ever. I'm glad that their first tourney was one that was filled with cool and chill dudes. We'll try to make it out to as many as we can, but it all depends on where we are all on money issues, work schedules, and school stuff. Porterville is a long ways away. I enjoyed playing against everyone I played, but I have some shoutouts for those I'm remembering at the moment:

Murio: Thanks for putting this thing together. Your Mario was so smooth! I hope to play you more next time.

Choknater: Thanks for organizing the tourney as well. Every time you taunt cancelled, I creamed my jeans. You're definitely doing crazy things with Ness and I am determined to be more of a challenge for it next time. Also, the Mewtwo ditto money match was like my highlight of the tourney.

Cake: Stick with DDD. He's the best character and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :cool: Also, I can't even fathom playing the way you did by holding your control stick with two fingers. :eek:

E102: Easily the most aggravating match for me out of the tourney, but take that as a compliment. Your reaction time and decision making were spot on.

3BK: Your finals combos on my Charizard to take the set were super slick. It was my first time playing a legit ZSS and you showed me that she can put in work.

Faded: I greatly enjoyed our friendlies. We'll have to play more next time.

Gandalf (I hope this is the correct tag): If I remember correctly, you were the Ganon player I played a ton of friendlies with. Watch Bizarro Falme's Ganon for a good example of a really fast and technical Ganon.

Skootarius: You suck. Your Toon Link is the epitome of awful. Also, it was messed up that you fell asleep on the way home leaving me the only one awake in the car. Nothing to entertain me but the radio...

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm also tired for being on the road 3 hours. I'll post later when more shoutouts come to mind.

your Mewtwo is sick, i enjoyed the gimps.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
i can't believe this first tournament went so well. shoutouts to TOs robert and andre and to the venue War Torn Front for running this so smoothly and making sure we had everything we needed to make this run smoothly.

some other shoutouts:

choknater : gg's, i have a long way to go before I have a shot of beating you but I'm gonna try and get there :)
SlayerS | BoNeR 420: HAND OUT TOURS TO THE VIP STUDIO NEXT TIME
E102: sick set in losers finals. I was so scared of zelda's traps and I was too afraid to go ganon against you because of the possibility of sheik...definitely the most intimidating set for me
Ames: So glad you and RedX came down for this. Intense set that was a lot of fun for me, mario can put on the pressure and amp up his game so fast. shoutouts to the #mang0nation t-shirt too LOL
RedX: Too bad I didn't see you in singles bracket but your teamwork was so good ahhhhhhhhhhh
UCool: DK IS SCARY MAN. That moment was when I was most afraid was when you kicked my ass the first game...
3BK: I have never seen ZSS played and her options exploited, but you're mad solid. I wanna see more of that :starman:
ItalianStallion: Only played a single game with you at the very end :( that mewtwo ditto mm was hype as hell tho, definitely wanna see your group come down again for another one of these sometime
Chaos: Grats on 13th place!! Teaming with you was a lot of fun too :)
DarkFlameMaster: DARK FLAME RISES AGAIN. Grats on not losing your way too, dat gold medal champion status :roypm:
RORS: Fellow GOM watchers unite :):):):):):):):):) hope you had fun at your first tourney!

Skootarius

Smash Cadet
Shout out to choknator for showing me a Ness is played. Not sure how I prepare for that next time but we'll see. Also a huge thanks for stomping on Istas Mewtwo

Stallion, thanks the ride. Karaoke is always a blast.

To Robert and Ames. Sick Mario, loved the challenge.

It was a great first tourney for me and my buds. Expect us at more. Glad I didn't get 4 stocked ;P

E102

Smash Rookie
Tournament was great, and I was pleasantly surprised with my result.

choknater- Awesome Ness, and great commentary! GG's.

SlayerBoner420- Great name, swift Ike, and good onj you for not going ganon. GG's.

RedX - our match in winners semis took me to the brink, good to meet you man.

Ames- Fellow Zelda, those mirrors were close man, GG's

ItalianStallion- Your Mewtwo is cray, and so is your Charizard, had fun commentating your money match. GG's

Can't wait to come back for the next one of these!

Triple Baka

Smash Rookie
Looks like I had to make an account since I'm getting back into the smash scene and everything. I wish I came earlier to sign up for double though I guess that can't be helped. But that being my first tournament I thought it went over really well and I'll definitely be back if there's another sometime soon.

Shoutouts and stuff:

Slayers Boner 420: Aside from the promlg name, your Ganon put me in a lot of awkward situations where I couldn't really get any combos started at all. Grats on runner up and now I have to tell my friends that a guy named Boner 420 put me in the losers bracket.

uCool: Getting spiked three times in a row is probably the most embarrassing thing ever. That is all.

ItalianStallion: GG's man and honestly our matches could have went either way if I didn't get lucky on some of those combos. I think if you would've stuck with Mewtwo I'd probably be settling for a lower place.

choknater: Never got to play against you but Grats on taking it all in doubles and singles. Maybe next time I'll be able to take on The Truth.

Sorry if I missed anyone as this was kinda rushed but I can't wait for the videos.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Thanks for the compliments on my Ness LOL! "The Truth" is an amazing nickname!!! I know a target is on my back now, so I'm motivated to keep improving. I'll be waiting for all your counter-strategies!

SlayerS | BoNeR 420 is such a godlike name

RedX777

Smash Rookie

RJ - kill la kill baybee

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Yeah choknater! Was great facing you and ryuko (don't know his tag name) in doubles in the grand finals! Shame I didn't get to face you in singles. But then again you did make me face my doubles partner lmao. That hurt me right in the friendship! I will most certainly go to another one of these events if you hold em. Just keep me posted when the next one will be. I will also always, always play Link and get better and better with him haha. So watch out man! Just gotta work on my bomb recoveries and not choking on em.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahaha respect to the link. also i didn't "make" you play him, that's just how brackets always work out! no matter what there's always gotta be one winner, and it was already top 5. good players are bound to meet each other so it should be an honor that you two made it that far! :)

Korrag

Smash Cadet
NNID
Korrag
Great tournament, for my first ever I wasn't expecting to have as much fun as I did. As a generally shy as hell type of person I could tell I was getting more comfortable with things like asking for friendlies twords the end of the day. Great fun and hope to go to many more.

I guess I will follow everyone else and do some shout outs as well.

Murio- Thank's for reaching out to a lot of people and generally spreading the work about the tournament and the smash scene in general, your a great guy and have a killer DK fair.

Choknater- Thanks for arranging the whole thing as well, I heard you live near Krier's which is really close to me, we should talk later and see if can get together to play some smash.

3BK- Had fun doing some friendlies and then getting knocked to losers by you in bracket, it was a really close set and was my most suspenseful moment of the day.

Cake- Had great fun with our SoPo and Giga Bowser shenanigans and also our serious friendlies, keep swinging that DDD hammer

RedX - Didn't get to actually play you but got to talk to you a bit, thanks for the advice on some match ups. Your Link is really good and I see you going far in the future

Hope to see everyone again at a future event, I had great fun

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
u should add and message me on fb, or message me here and i'll give you my number

i live very close to kriers, off snyder rd

thanks for coming man!

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Guess I should do shoutouts so here's who I can remember

Ames: Of course my great buddy who always smashes with me. Great match in the losers bracket man. I flopped at the end though so it wasnt as epic as it could have been. But, as always your mario is sooooo solid.

E102: Dude Brandon that Zelda vs Link match in Semi Winners.... I cried inside when you won but it was so epic and fun that I just didn't care that I lost at the same time. Your spacing was beautiful with her and I hope you continue to get better with her. I'll be sure to hit you up sometime me and James play again. I will also try and hit up the other John.

uCool: Great DK and Mario man you were quite a tough opponent and I had a lot of fun playing ya. I would have like to face your DK in singles but I guess that wouldn't have been a good match up against Link. Hope to see you again man

SlayerBoner420: Great Ike dude I didn't get to face you in singles which is a bummer but I had fun in the friendlies we played and of course the doubles matches we had with you and Chaos.

Chaos: Nice Samus man keep up the good work. Just a little critique but you kind of charge your beam cannon a little too much lol. Work more on that spacing game of hers to improve. Still great playing you in doubles and hope to see you again.

DarkFlameMaster: Great doubles finals man! You and choknater make a great team... well when you don't sd so much haha. Just work on those sd's and wavedash ledge grabs and you'll be oh so solid. Great playing you hope to face you and choke again.

Andre: Too bad I couldnt face you in singles. I was getting too tired after our intense doubles match and James kicked my ass haha. I need more stamina in order to do both tournies. Hope to play you again and great Fox man. Was a very fun game and I learned a ton about matchups and other things. Thanks for hosting as well and being so helpful with all the information you shared. It was an absolutely amazing tournament. The setup, the people everyone was excellent! I hope to go there again sometime. Keep me posted if you host another one.

choknater: I'm sorry I completely confused you with Andre. If you are the same person then I'm not sorry just call me confused.

John : Is it Lardirus? Anyway great match man hope to play you soon again! Keep on working with those samus wavedashes they are fricken good.

RedX777

Smash Rookie
I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD
hahaha respect to the link. also i didn't "make" you play him, that's just how brackets always work out! no matter what there's always gotta be one winner, and it was already top 5. good players are bound to meet each other so it should be an honor that you two made it that far! :)
Oh without a doubt it was an honor but still I wanted to face a little more people than James lol. I always have trouble with him cause we play too many matches together. Thanks again for hosting. It was such a good turnout to say the least man. I will keep working on my link and hopefully I'll get to face this "The Truth" Ness of yours.

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Oh without a doubt it was an honor but still I wanted to face a little more people than James lol. I always have trouble with him cause we play too many matches together. Thanks again for hosting. It was such a good turnout to say the least man. I will keep working on my link and hopefully I'll get to face this "The Truth" Ness of yours.
Also I watched our doubles finals match. Great match no doubt but are you able to fix the mic problem with the vid? I really want to hear the commentary cause it sounds very informative and could help me improve my game.

E102

Smash Rookie
Redx that video if us in winner semis will be super fun to watch back! Can't wait for it to get posted its pretty hype. I'm down to smash again one of these weekends man looking forward to it.

Triple Baka

Smash Rookie
Yeah hopefully there will be more of a turnout next time. Not saying this was anything short of fun but I wish the P:M scene was bigger in the central coast. It'd be nice to have more near Salinas and Sacramento and everything in between.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah help us spread the word next time now that we've established a scene! i def hope we can have many more participants

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Redx that video if us in winner semis will be super fun to watch back! Can't wait for it to get posted its pretty hype. I'm down to smash again one of these weekends man looking forward to it.
Dude what a great and intense match that was! All the singles are up on youtube right now check em out at youtube/Central Valley Smash. I learned a lot watching all those single matches. Definitely need to rematch you soon though. I think I got a good idea how to counter your Zelda "Love" shield.

Chu2|DFM

Smash Rookie
I've got a few more Doubles matches editted, those will be available soon.

RedX, I'd love to $5 FT5 MM your Link vs. my Roy next time if you're up for it lol.

RedX777

Smash Rookie
I've got a few more Doubles matches editted, those will be available soon.

RedX, I'd love to $5 FT5 MM your Link vs. my Roy next time if you're up for it lol.
Yeah dude anytime, I'm always down to smash I just never had anyone to smash with for awhile. When and where? Trust me I'm there.

Chu2|DFM

Smash Rookie
Whenever Robert and Andre decide on another date, so I'm guessing next month or so lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Most likely May 10. But not confirmed. I am free Apr 5 as well but we're not sure if that's too soon.

Korrag

Smash Cadet
NNID
Korrag
April is perfect in my opinion. If it becomes a monthly thing, like the first Saturday of every month, people will eventually learn that that's the case and won't require to check smashboards or other places to see when the next tournament is going to happen. They'll just expect the first Saturday and show up, eventually increasing the size of the tournament over time.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm thanks for your input. it also depends on WTF's schedule, so we'd have to check in soon if we want april.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
My crew wouldn't be able to make it every time if it was a monthly thing, but that being said, don't let that stop you from doing a monthly thing if enough people can go on a monthly basis. I think for us, considering it costs like $60 just for gas to get there and back, we can probably make it every 2 or 3 months.

RedX777

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I just went to another tournie and faced E102y again! It was a great match and I ended up winning. My Link is getting better and better so I hope to get further this next tourney in Central Valley. I will keep working on my game as much as I can and I hope you all do the same so we can have some amazing matches.
Great games to Lardarius, Ames and E102y. We will certainly play again someday.

Top Bottom