• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't even give me a decent match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyden

Smash Rookie
Tired of people who go online figure out one busted move from a person and just spam it all day long because it armors, moves incredibly fast and hits hard. Don't sit here and tell me "oh if they're spamming then just..." no just not at all. You know why people spam even some of you in this threads spam because you know its most consistent and you don't have to even try. Quit telling me its kids because even when I was a kid I didn't play this brain dead and kids are less adept at playing this game. You get online and these people just play one move that works over and over. I'm going to keep saying it in any smash place I'm in but I have no issue losing to a better player but spamming trash makes for a boring frustrating round. Tired of people playing around you spammers why don't you pick up the controller and actually learn the game for once. Quit wasting $60 and online in a game you don't even dive into the variety of. Just imagine sitting there and pressing control stick and special all day long."Its how they wanna play the game" no they're trash all day they can't play and its the ultimate joke. I'm seriously sick of this because I can learn something from a better player but not a player who wont even try.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
If the spam works it's because you don't know how to deal with it. That's your fault. Those people are having fun because they're winning and to some winning is fun. If you're no longer having fun because you're losing to cheese and you refuse to learn how to deal with cheese then I question why you still spend your time playing this game.

Quality post, OP, really.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
You did it, you've stopped people from spamming.

But seriously complaining about spamming is going to get you nowhere. If you lose over someone who spam then that's your fault for not adapting to the situation. Yes it is boring and no one really likes it, but complaining about it isn't going to make it stop. The most you can hope for is to beat them and hopefully they'll learn the lesson that spamming can only get them so far, or not because they probably don't care enough to improve. If you can't beat the spammers then then it shows that it's working for them. If you do beat them then why complain? Free win and your rank goes higher where you should be facing even less spammers.

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
Well, if spamming works against you, why would they stop doing it?
If you can't counter it, even though it's just spamming, then they are better players than you.
The goal of any match for some is to win, and if they see that a move is constantly working against you and you're not adapting to the situation, the best move is to keep doing it.

Just because you don't like them doing it doesn't mean they should not do it. Also, I don't think there's any move that you can just spam and are fast enough to not be punishable. If you see someone going always for the same option all the time, then try and learn to punish it instead of making posts hoping that all of a sudden everyone will play the way you want them to.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
A good way to learn how to get around a "spammy" move is to go online with the "spammy" character and start spamming yourself. Watch how other people get around your spamming and take notes!

Vyden

Smash Rookie
If the spam works it's because you don't know how to deal with it. That's your fault. Those people are having fun because they're winning and to some winning is fun. If you're no longer having fun because you're losing to cheese and you refuse to learn how to deal with cheese then I question why you still spend your time playing this game.

Quality post, OP, really.
Yep your trash mains say it all. Doesn't surprise me this offends spamlords and they say "learn how to adapt at my laziness to actually play the game" k pal keep being freaking garbage

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Yep your trash mains say it all. Doesn't surprise me this offends spamlords and they say "learn how to adapt at my laziness to actually play the game" k pal keep being freaking garbage
Lol @ you getting mad about the characters I've chosen to display on a forum. I main the random button. You unironically took the time to complain on an internet board where literally nobody cares about what you have to say. Keep being fReAkInG garbage, or you can actually learn to play. Alternatively, stop playing.

Cheers.

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
Everyone in this thread basically told you the same thing, and yet you decide to pick up on a K Rool main.
It shows 2 things, first that you got bodied by a K Rool online (who is not even hard to counter) and think you're so good that you can't even swallow your pride and consider the fact that it might be your fault.
Second, the fact that you ignored every other message shows that you have no intent to improve and learn, you just want the other players to let you beat them.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
But no one is offended other than you? It's not hard to overcome spammers and if you still don't want to accept that you should learn and improve as a player to best the spammers then there's not much else to say.

pollo20x620x6

Smash Cadet
Salllllt

But seriously, tho, braindead tactics beat braindead players. The day I see spam win EVO, I'll change my mind.

And if its "online's inherent lag"....why are you playing online if it sucks?
Like, if I was losing to bogus playstyles because the online is just that unstable, then I'd do something else, go outside, read a book, go on a date, fly a kite, watch a movie, hang with friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom