• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Not sure why you ask to the ledge. Every character is invincible for some time when you grab the ledge.

There are no invincible frames during the punch charge, but as it has been mentioned really often, it turns part of your hurtbox around a vertical axis into the depth plane, making the head of DK invincible to some things like Fox's laser. I think there is a video of that somewhere (maybe malva's).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I know your hurtbox can change when you do certain moves, I just never thought of it as moving the hurtbox into the depth plane. Seems like an unnecessary complication to think of it as 3D rather than the hurtbox changing.

Battlecow

Play to Win
If you look at the hitboxes it really does seem like a 3d-ish mechanic. Thinking about it as a simple hitbox change works just as well though I suppose and does have the benefit of simplicity--it doesn't really matter.

TANK64

Smash Lord
exactly, it's 3d but it doesn't really matter if you look at it that way, as long as you know the changes. I see it 3d and it's easy for me. However your brain likes to see it is best.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
On Hyrule's lowest middle platform I don't Z cancel it, but on Dreamland I always do in case I mistime it. Hyrule's seems easier for some reason; is it a little lower?

There should really be more DK mains/secondaries :(. I duel main him and Mario and I find some matchups easier with DK.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I like how this is the only char discussion thread with a ? at the end of it
lolDKsucks

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'll be uploading a few matches vs. Battlecow soon for those who want a better idea on how to handle the Pikachu MU.

Top Bottom