• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Skype Group: Join to talk about everything DK!

POOB

Smash Journeyman
*Original Post*
Hi guys. As of recent, the DK threads have been pretty dead. It doesn't help that the two best DK players basically dropped him and never post here(strong bad and eli) And strong bad used to be the one basically keeping this forum active. This, and the fact that there aren't many DK mains to begin with, are probably the main reasons for the lack of posts.

But let's try to change this! We need to make some new threads that are fun, informative, and will stay alive. I think a way we could start is by starting to post on the matchup thread created by @ BertEast BertEast again, since that was going in the right direction and it randomly died. Maybe we could make a tactical thread to talk about DK tactics or something of the like.

Anyone have any other thread ideas? Please post if you do.

Lastly, i know there are plenty of DK players out there (even if they don't main him) that do not post in the DK forums. Don't be afraid to speak up! Even if you are unsure if you are right, the whole idea of forums is to brainstorm and talk about the character and get better. Every new idea starts a chain reaction for other ideas :)

Hopefully, together we can make this thread more active and benefit the metagame of DK

Edit: Thanks to Teneban, we now have a DK Skype group. Just post your Skype name below or add anyone that's already in it to your contacts and you can join the group. It is a very simple and effective way to talk about anything regarding DK

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
I already asked in the "social" thread f there was a skype group to get in touch with you guys, but I'll take the lack of answers as a no :V
Perhaps we could start one.

At the moment I'm still in the "picking up DK" phase. I'm watching tons of videos, taking tons of notes, and spending a lot of time in the lab to catch up. I'll be sure to contribute when I deem my contributions worthy.

POOB

Smash Journeyman
I already asked in the "social" thread f there was a skype group to get in touch with you guys, but I'll take the lack of answers as a no :V
Perhaps we could start one.

At the moment I'm still in the "picking up DK" phase. I'm watching tons of videos, taking tons of notes, and spending a lot of time in the lab to catch up. I'll be sure to contribute when I deem my contributions worthy.
Yeah i like that idea, would you want to create it? Or i could create it if you want. Its up to you since it was your idea lol.

Jechtire

Smash Cadet
I've just recently started to turn DK into my secondary for tournaments. I brung him out to SSS East Coast yesterday and I ended up doing better in some specific matches where my mewtwo failed.

I do a lot of lab work and I play a lot of people in my area so I'll be sure post all my findings in the match up thread.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Skype thing sounds like a good suggestion. We could do like planned gatherings or something to discuss stuff about The Kong.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Alright I'll create it then
My skype is trekiros, anybody who wants in add me =3

I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys, so I'll probably give group admin rights to a bunch of you.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Alright I'll create it then
My skype is trekiros, anybody who wants in add me =3

I'm in a different time zone than most of you guys, so I'll probably give group admin rights to a bunch of you.

Alright, I'm BertEast for anyone who is interested.

YaBoy

Smash Cadet
I'm trying to learn DK as a secondary, would I be able to get in on this skype group? I will edit this post with my skype ID when i can confirm what it is

POOB

Smash Journeyman
I was actually IM'ing with Nannas yesterday for a little but it was a private chat, I'm kinda new to Skype so I don't know how to post in the group chat lol

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
I was actually IM'ing with Nannas yesterday for a little but it was a private chat, I'm kinda new to Skype so I don't know how to post in the group chat lol
Me either. Anybody know how to work this got-dang spyke?

Edit: Skype group up. Hope to see everyone interested there!

Last edited:

Zebra Dragon

Smash Rookie
I'd be interested in joining. The Zard skype group is really helpful, and I'd like to improve my DK too.
Skype name : esthynxiel

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
Hey I'm a long time melee dk main And about 3 months ago I picked up the White ape known as the Dk of legend in pm. I really want to figure out his meta so that he can become a dominant force in pm so we can finally get top 8 at nationals :) My skype name Is nogh10 thanks :)

jayy

Smash Rookie
NNID
tlrstrb
if the group is still lively i'd like to join to talk with my ape brethren.

Hizkit

Smash Apprentice
Is the group still active? Just picking up Donkey, would love to join in if still possible: hizkit.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
We've been pretty active lately, but I'm not sure why people haven't been checking here for people that want to join.

I'll add all of you guys really quick! :)

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Is this still a thing or no? If so I would like in if that's possible.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Gonna try to remember to add my skype name when I get home from class. I need to get better as DK.

Dankey_Kang

Smash Rookie
Skype name: Skellie, icon is Bowser. If it doesn't show up, let me know, I'm out of touch with Skype and could have screwed up.

Stoop Kid

Smash Rookie
I'm just picking up DK and I am horrible at this game so i probably won't provide much valuable input but I really want to get some tips from you guys. Skype is StoopKidSSB. Icon is the legendary true king of the jungle lanky kong

Top Bottom